What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Speaking of CD ozinators . . .  (Read 4177 times)

dsegel

• Carpe Diem!
Speaking of CD ozinators . . .
« on: June 11, 2006, 09:47:45 pm »
How often should they "run" and what triggers them to come on and go off?

I have a Sundance CD Ozinator.  I have been in the tub for at least 1-1/2 hours 8 of the last 9 nights.  (After 20-30 minutes, I've turned the jets completely off.)  6 out of 8 of those nights the ozinator was "running" almost the whole time.  Two of the nights, it didn't "run" at all.

If no one knows for sure, could they relate their personal experience?

Thanks.  Denise
'06 Majesta

Hot Tub Forum

Speaking of CD ozinators . . .
« on: June 11, 2006, 09:47:45 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Speaking of CD ozinators . . .
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 09:01:03 am »
I'm not familliar with your tub, but my caspian has a 24 hr circ pump. The CD ozinator ( Freshwater III system) runs 24 -7, regardless if the jets are on or not.

The CD ozinator on my tub mixes ozone into the tubs water via the circ pump and heater output. (locaoted on the tub's floor).  
07 Caldera Geneva

dsegel

• Carpe Diem!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 09:24:37 am »
The CD ozinator ( Freshwater III system) runs 24 -7, regardless if the jets are on or not.

That's interesting because I asked my dealer about it and AT FIRST he said it should be running 24/7 and I should call service.  THEN he said if the temp was under 100 it wouldn't run as often but that has not always been the case.  I'm at a loss to know what to do.

Anyone else with any info, PLEASE chime in.

Thanks.
'06 Majesta

hotelier

• Artesian Onyx Owner
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 01:43:44 pm »
I have an Artesian Onyx.  It has a circulation pump running 24/7.  The Ozone only runs on the preset "filter cycle" which is user programmed.  I run mine twice a day for 4 hours each cycle.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 02:19:27 pm »
I believe a Sundance ozonator runs 24/7 except when the jets are on.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 03:24:42 pm »
That is correct.  The ozone will run 24/7 as long as your circ pump is programmed to run that long.  The ozone will shut off anytime any pump or the air blower is turned on and will not come back on for a short while after they are shut off.  This is to insure that you're not breathing in ozone while using the spa.

dsegel

• Carpe Diem!
Re: Speaking of CD ozinators . .Sundance dealers??
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 05:46:17 pm »
This is to insure that you're not breathing in ozone while using the spa.

Now I'm REALLY concerned because my Ozinator runs almost constantly MOST of the time, even with the pumps on.  Except occasionally, as I've mentioned, it doesn't seem to run at all, whether the pumps are on or not.

I have emailed the Sundance Spa "contact us" site and am awaiting an answer.

Any Sundance dealers out there that would care to join in on this?  I didn't get a logical answer from my dealer.
'06 Majesta

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Speaking of CD ozinators . .Sundance dealers??
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 06:04:14 pm »

Now I'm REALLY concerned because my Ozinator runs almost constantly MOST of the time, even with the pumps on.  Except occasionally, as I've mentioned, it doesn't seem to run at all, whether the pumps are on or not.

I have emailed the Sundance Spa "contact us" site and am awaiting an answer.

Any Sundance dealers out there that would care to join in on this?  I didn't get a logical answer from my dealer.

How do you know the ozonator is runnig?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

dsegel

• Carpe Diem!
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 06:42:27 pm »
There are little bubbles that are dispersed from an injector/return (?) in the spa.  There's also a display on the control panel indicating that the Ozone generator is on (it kind of looks like a black sun).
'06 Majesta

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 06:44:35 pm »
If your temp gets 2 degrees above the setpoint which will happen during hot days the cirulation pump will shut off also shutting off the ozone.

dsegel

• Carpe Diem!
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 06:51:52 pm »
[quoteIf your temp gets 2 degrees above the setpoint which will happen during hot days the cirulation pump will shut off also shutting off the ozone. [/quote]

Definitely not the problem.  It has been very cool here.
'06 Majesta

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 03:49:26 pm »
The bubbles are not an indicator of your ozone being on.  The Mazzei injector is always drawing air and creating the bubbles.  The ozonator does not "push" ozone through the tubing into the water.  A vacuum is created by the Mazzei injector and will work whenever the circ pump is operating.  The ozonator just produces the ozone.  The indicator on the control panel is a better guage of when the ozonator is on or off.  When the water temp is two degrees or more above the set temp, the circ pump will stop working until the temperature drops.

dsegel

• Carpe Diem!
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 05:05:19 pm »
The bubbles are not an indicator of your ozone being on.

Actually, I figured that out since I posted that reply.

The Mazzei injector is always drawing air and creating the bubbles.

Does that mean that the bubbles should ALWAYS be there?  (Mine aren't.)

HOWEVER, my question(s) about the ozonator have STILL not been answered.  I have some calls and emails into people with no answer yet.  :-/   :'(

How often should the ozonator be on (indiciated by the display on the control panel)?  And what triggers it to go off and on?

If it's on when I'm in the tub, is it harmful?

If it's supposed to be on ALL the time (assuming the temp hasn't risen 2 degrees over set temp), then should I call for service (because mine isn't).   ???

All you dealers out there, can someone PLEASE give me an answer?

'06 Majesta

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 05:49:50 pm »

Actually, I figured that out since I posted that reply.

Does that mean that the bubbles should ALWAYS be there?  (Mine aren't.)

HOWEVER, my question(s) about the ozonator have STILL not been answered.  I have some calls and emails into people with no answer yet.  :-/   :'(

How often should the ozonator be on (indiciated by the display on the control panel)?  And what triggers it to go off and on?

If it's on when I'm in the tub, is it harmful?

If it's supposed to be on ALL the time (assuming the temp hasn't risen 2 degrees over set temp), then should I call for service (because mine isn't).   ???

All you dealers out there, can someone PLEASE give me an answer?

Though I am not a dealer, I will try to answer using my best judgement from whatever experience I have had.

The bubbles should always be there if your circ pump is on.

The icon on the control panel should show whenever the ozonator is on.  It should be on at all times that you have not started a therapy pump or the blower (anything that indicates you might be in the tub).  Your circ pump (it is programable) must be on and pumping water for the ozonator to work.

IMO, the amount of ozone introduced to your spa will not harm you if you are in it.

If it does not seem to be working correctly, call for service.  Be aware that the ozonator is only warranted for one year, I believe.

dsegel

• Carpe Diem!
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 12:07:30 pm »
I will try to answer using my best judgement from whatever experience I have had.

Thanks Tony, for your reply.

Well, guess what?  I FINALLY did get one call back and here is what I was told, in case anyone's interested:

The ozinator should run 24 hours unless one of the pumps or blower is on (as you stated Tony).  I did notice there is a period of time before it comes on after the pumps are off, which is understandable.

The other circumstance when they say it will not be on is when the temperature of the water is warmer than the set temperature.  This stands to reason because I think the couple times I noticed it not being on at all is possibly when I turned the set temperature down after I got in the tub.  I will be paying attention to this now and making sure that my ozinator is on when it should be.

The subject of the circulation pump is another question I have.  Think I'll start a new post, though . . .  ;D
'06 Majesta

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 12:07:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42