What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HYDRO SPA - MARK III - OMNI  (Read 11805 times)

maracujas

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
HYDRO SPA - MARK III - OMNI
« on: June 13, 2006, 04:35:32 pm »
Hi everybody !
I'm french and live in the caribbean.
I want to buy a spa between $ 5000 and $6000.
On the island where I live (Saint-Martin) there is no possibility to buy a spa at this price ! Sometime the price are the double of what you pay in USA.
I wanted to buy a spa in Florida (next to Miami because then I have to ship it to Saint-Martin)I know that I can't see the models but I have no choice... I can buy an HYDRO SPA MARK III OMNI at $ 5750. It seems to be a good deal.
What do you think about it ?
The specifications seem to be good for the price...
Thanks to help me.
P. S : Excuse my english... Please answer me with "simple word"

Hot Tub Forum

HYDRO SPA - MARK III - OMNI
« on: June 13, 2006, 04:35:32 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: HYDRO SPA - MARK III - OMNI
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 07:16:20 pm »
Sorry I can't help you with your questions, but you did an excellent job posting the message.  It is very clear and easy to understand exactly what you are asking.
Hopefully someone who knows about this spa can help you.

Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 07:21:15 pm »
What a beautiful part of the earth. I wish I was back in nearby St Thomas.  At least here full foam vs thermopane shouldn't matter a whole lot.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 10:37:04 pm »
Bon jour. :)

What are your electrical requirements?  Same as US?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

maracujas

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 07:05:13 am »
Bonjour !

Electrical requirements in Saint-Martin : 220 V / 60 Hz
(In France it is 220 V / 50 Hz)

Thanks

uncommonlytasty

• I love my cheep spa
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 08:00:41 am »
I own an Omni and I love it.  I have owned it for about a year now and still use it often.  The seating is very comfortable and well laid out.  In warm weather I think you will enjoy having the air blower.  The volcano foot dome feels great and helps keep your guest’s feet from touching each other.  The dual two speed pumps give you a nice range of jet pressure.  The price you have is less then what I paid, but I live in New England so I’m sure shipping costs where included in my price.  If you would like more information  just ask.  

I posséder un Omni et moi l'aiment.  Je l'ai possédé pendant environ une année maintenant et l'emploie toujours souvent.  L'allocation des places est très confortable et bien étalée .  Par temps chaud je pense que vous aurez plaisir à avoir le ventilateur.  Le dôme de pied de volcan juge que grand et des aides gardez vos pieds du ’ s d'invité de se toucher.  Les pompes à deux vitesses duelles vous donnent qu'une gamme gentille de voyagent en jet la pression.  Est le prix que vous avez moins puis ce que j'ai payé, mais je vis en coûts sûrs d'expédition du ’ tellement I m de la Nouvelle Angleterre où inclus dans mon prix.  Si vous voudriez plus d'information  demandez juste.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 09:23:56 am »
 In warm weather I think you will enjoy having the air blower.  .

I normally don't like air blowers, but in his case you probably make a good point.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

salesdvl

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 09:40:38 am »
I posséder un Omni et moi l'aiment.  Je l'ai possédé pendant environ une année maintenant et l'emploie toujours souvent.  L'allocation des places est très confortable et bien étalée .  Par temps chaud je pense que vous aurez plaisir à avoir le ventilateur.  Le dôme de pied de volcan juge que grand et des aides gardez vos pieds du ’ s d'invité de se toucher.  Les pompes à deux vitesses duelles vous donnent qu'une gamme gentille de voyagent en jet la pression.  Est le prix que vous avez moins puis ce que j'ai payé, mais je vis en coûts sûrs d'expédition du ’ tellement I m de la Nouvelle Angleterre où inclus dans mon prix.  Si vous voudriez plus d'information  demandez juste.

I agree.  I think.   ;)  
Measure once, cut twice.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 10:01:02 am »
NO advice. just envy. St Martin was one of the nicest Islands I've ever been to.  

I proposed to my wife on the beach at the Flamboyant.

ahhh.. St Marten.   :)

Good luck with your hot tub expidition.
07 Caldera Geneva

maracujas

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 10:42:22 am »
I'm happy that you like Saint-Martin... I like it very much too... that's why I live here !
I saw in differents forums bad things about the manufacturer HYDRO SPA (bad maintenance service, they don't respect warranty, etc...) and about their spas (problem with insulation : I don't understand exactly what it is..., bad quality on buttons which break, problem with the shell, etc...)
I'll try to post you what I red.
Of course we can have luck or no luck whith each manufacturer of spa, it's like a car... a person can buy a car that all the people say it's a very good one  and have problems... but for sure there is some manufacter which are reputable for bad,middle or good quality... or one product of manufacturer which are reputable for bad,middle or good quality...
Any way, I asked me if at this price for this kind of product, do I take a big risk ?
If I compare with other brands, at this price you don't have :
- so many jets,
- so big space,
- such caracteristics, etc...
The other question is : is there any reason why the price is lower than the other manufacturer ?
Perhaps they sale more hot tubs so that they can do better prices ? It is perhaps their politic ? or of course, there is a big difference quality ?
I red that HYDRO SPA do hot tubs since 1975 (my age !) I can't imagine that they do a bad work since this date and that they can continue to sell... ?
I saw that poolandspa gice them 5 stars for best of class : I don't know if it is "commercial" or true...
Thanks for theprevious answers and the next one...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 10:49:56 am »
Just remember, it is a CHEAP spa.  Why are some spas cheaper than others?  They are made from CHEAP materials.  It is what it is.

Are they the best?  No.

Are they the cheapest?  Close to being so.

Are they the worst?  In my experience, close to being so.

Always remember:  The bitter taste of cheap crap lingers long after the sweet smell of cheap prices has wafted away.

C'est la vie! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

maracujas

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 11:19:28 am »
Hi Terminator !
Happy to see you !
I remembered that you don't like HYDRO SPA ! (I saw what you write in other forum)
You said you have experience, I trust you.
So, can you develop and tell me what is exactly cheap materials ? and what do you think is good materials ?...
Could you please give me exemple and tell me wich manufacturer use bad and good materials ?
In what is this manufacturer close to be the worst ? (exemple based on your eperience)
And wich spa do you advice me to buy in this range of price ? ($ 5000 to $ 6000)
"Always remember:  The bitter taste of cheap crap lingers long after the sweet smell of cheap prices has wafted away" : I don't understand, sorry !
Thanks

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 12:42:43 pm »
I am happy to have you see me, too, mi amigo! :)

When I say I do not think very highly of them, here is one small example why, straight from their warranty:

10 Year – Sterling Leisure Spa Surface Warranty
Hydro Spa warrants the Sterling Leisure interior acrylic spa surface against blisters, cracks, or delaminating resulting from a defect in the acrylic surface material for a period of 10 years from the date of purchase, based on the following formula: Retail cost divided by months covered (120), multiplied by months owned = replacement cost.

The way I interpret it is if you buy a $6000 spa and at year 5 there is a problem, you do the following:

6000/120 = 50 x 60 months (5 years) = $3000 replacement cost.

Plus, YOU are responsible for shipping costs, which can be substantial.

I perused their website and it is full of disinformation, obfuscation, and blatant misrepresentations of competing products.  Too many to go into at the moment.

I have an entire file dedicated complaints against one of their associates who operates in Texas by the name of Stacey Diego that I'd be happy to post.

Stick with the brand names and you will not regret it.

HotSpring, Tiger River, HotSpot, Solana, Caldera, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Marquis, Dimension 1, Artesian, Beachcomber, etc.

The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet smell of low price has passed.

Good Luck

Terminator  

uncommonlytasty

• I love my cheep spa
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 01:18:01 pm »
I thought that Lucite acrylic shells, Waterway jets and pumps (wet ends), and Balboa spa packs where all name brand quality components.  Where are the cheep components?  Also, don’t most manufactures have prorated warranties?    I would not expect a manufacture to replace a 9 year old spa with a brand new one because of a blister.  Unless I paid double what the spa was worth in the first place.  I think the insulation argument is insignificant.  For cheep money anyone can simply add insulation to their spa.  

J'ai pensé que les coquilles acryliques de lucite, voie d'eau voyage en jet et des pompes (extrémités humides), et la station thermale de Balboa emballe où tous les composants nommés de qualité de marque.  Où sont les composants de piaulement ?  En outre, mettez le ’ t fabrique plus ont partagé proportionnellement des garanties ?    Je ne m'attendrais pas à ce qu'une fabrication remplace une station thermale de 9 ans avec nouvelle en raison d'une boursouflure.  À moins que j'aie payé le double ce que la station thermale a valu la peine dans le premier endroit.  Je pense que l'argument d'isolation est insignifiant.  Pour le piaulement l'argent n'importe qui peut simplement ajouter l'isolation à leur station thermale.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 02:42:49 pm »
No co-extrusion
High strength bonding resists de-lamination

Cast acrylic is stain free and fade resistant

Every Hydro Spa Poseidonite™ shell is constructed of non-porous dimensionally stable, one piece, acrylic sheet. The cross linking of the molecules makes the shell surface very durable. The vacuum formed shell is coated with a proprietary combination of chopped fiberglass and resins that are hand rolled onto the rear of the shell. We are so confident that our Poseidonite™ shell is the best, we offer a lifetime warranty against shell leakage for as long as you own the spa.

Others may use ABS which is a high impact thermoplastic that may stain easily and does not have the structural strength to hold the weight of five thousand pounds of water and people. ABS shells are usually reinforced with a foam filled cabinet and may result in very expensive service calls when you get a leak. They are usually white in color with tile at the water line to deter stains.

PURE BALOGNEY SANDWICH (BS)! :P

Terminator

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 02:42:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42