What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Unbrellas  (Read 3410 times)

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
Spa Unbrellas
« on: June 11, 2006, 04:20:45 pm »
On Doc's site there is a neat looking umbrella for spas.  Anyone have experience with one of these?  If so, a quick review would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Unbrellas
« on: June 11, 2006, 04:20:45 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Spa Unbrellas
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 04:57:20 pm »
On a related note, I bought an umbrella from Wanda Technologies at the infamous Master Spa home show. The umbrella is nice, we use it all the time, but the under the spa mount for it was a piece of crap.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 06:17:54 pm »
Links to umbrellas?  ???

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 08:56:26 pm »
Bill, My husband bought an off set umbrella at our local Ace Hardware store. Since I wanted a pergola, I am totally NOT impressed. I think it depends on the situation and location. My tub is on a deck and the base of the off set umbrella takes up too much room (it can be bolted to the deck). I slid the base under bottom of  the deck rails to keep it stable.

My thought was a pergola that I could make a canvas top for to protect the tub from the summer sun or to allow us to use the tub in the rain.... And then I could remove it to enjoy the stars at night. The umbrella could be used to shade the tub if we were using it in the day, but we couldn't leave it up if we weren't home. The other day a fast moving thunder stom came up and I had one heck of a time getting that umbrella down and out of the way while fighting the wind. So my analysis is that it doesn't do what I want, so I don't like it.  :-/ And I will just have to build my own pergola! ;) I am sure that others are very happy with the umbrellas, but they may not be worried about protecting the tub from the sun on a daily basis.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 11:56:56 pm »
I always thought about getting an umbrella for the tub, just like with bonnibelles experience unsure about storms and the mess.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 10:27:02 am »
The good part was this umbrella was not expensive..and I can use it  - but only when we are here. I think it will find a home by the pool where there is more deck space for the base and it will only be used when we are sitting out under it.  If you are thinking about one, try a demo in the store and see how they open.  That was also an issue since it was so close to the tub..I had to swing it to the side to close it and like I said...that wasn't easy fighting rain and wind.  Hubby said I am just an ungrateful crybaby! :-/..I say I just know what I wanted and an umbrella isn't IT! >:(
Support your dealer so they can support you!

RayF-1

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 01:09:39 pm »
I like my umbrella with "spa" base.  Base slips under the tub and tub weight holds it secure.

My "post and arm" look a bit different.  My post has a second arm that swings up and down, thus lowering the umbrella when closed.

Umbrella has been use two summer seasons with no problems.  I was a bit concerned about the "crank up" mechanism (may be the weak point) but am careful about raising the umbrella and it's been OK.

Can send pics if you wish.

RAY  

spa-ing

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 03:15:37 pm »
What about something like this?

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 05:06:44 pm »
What am I looking at?  Also, please send the pictures and the source.

Thanks,

Bill

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 05:06:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42