What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis 636?  (Read 5152 times)

JKFuller

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Marquis 636?
« on: June 10, 2006, 07:15:28 pm »
Hello,
Well, many thanks for all the help on the Hot Springs - Marquis face-off.  We spent the morning test soaking in the Marquis tubs today.  Hot Springs and Marquis are very close… I am more comfortable in the Marquis so that is the way we  are going.  Plus I am very comfortable with the sales person at the Marquis dealer…. Very helpful.  She came in an hour earlier and let us test soak without any interruptions and offered a wealth of information on the different Marquis tubs.

Now that the mfg is decided, I have yet another choice.  I thought for sure the Marquis 530U would be the tub… and we love it…. but, the dealer has a leftover Marquis 636 that has just as nice of a fit for me but did not have the Durawood exterior, ozonator and auto-chem filtration.  The dealer will add an ozonator to the 636 and of course it is a great deal… about $1500 less then the 530U.  My wife is more comfortable in the 636 due to more cool down seats.   We also have two young kids who fit the cool down seats better.

So, does anyone own a Marquis 636?  If so, how do you like it?  Is dispensing chems with a floater or manually that much of a chore?

We are leaning towards the 636 but want to make sure we are not missing anything major from the 530U.

Again, you have been a great help to us… thanks!

Regards,
Joseph

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis 636?
« on: June 10, 2006, 07:15:28 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Marquis 636?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 11:15:44 am »
The mold of the 636 is great for families and particularly for those with young children....

JKFuller

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 12:37:02 pm »
Thanks Mendocino101...
We did feel very comformatbale in the 636.

How about the inside?  Do you know if the filters, pumps, heater, insulation is up to par with the new 530U?

Thanks,
Regards,
Joseph

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 02:13:16 pm »
Yes from a build stand point they are the same....I like the therapy better with the 530 ultimate but if you liked the 636 than thats what matters... both will give you many years of great tubing.... :D

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 03:27:20 pm »
The 636 is an awesome spa.  It is buillt the same as the 530 and has the same pumps.  I found the lounge in that spa to be particularly comfortable.  The frog is nice but you'll be fine with an ozonator.  What dealer are you working with?

JKFuller

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 05:34:56 pm »
Hello Mendocino101 and MarKee,
Again, thanks for the information.  It is greatly appreciated and helpful.  Well, it is Sunday night and I think my mind is made up… it’s the Marquis 636 left-over hot tub.  We all like the fit of this tub… yes, Mendocino101, the mold is really idea for families… a bit larger then the 530 with only one lounger and 2-3 cool down spots/kids spots.  My wife and two daughters love it.  MarKee, the lounger is a better fit/feel for me too... the 530 I float a little more in.

The dealer is Amazing Spacing in Raleigh NC http://www.amazing-spaces.com/.  It was a very good experience working with Becky at Amazing Spaces.  As stated in a previous post, she was very helpful with information as well as scheduling.  I would highly recommend her.  I hope the tubbing experience is equally as pleasurable.  

The 530U indeed had more in true theory with the various jet adjustments and the HK40s but unless I want to be the only one out there in the hot tub I should compromise… wait a minute… the only one out there… hum…

Thanks Again,
Regards,
Joseph

MarKee

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 05:41:15 pm »
I'm glad you had such a pleasant experience.  Enjoy the tub!  Congrats

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 06:04:39 pm »
It sounds like a great fit for your family....Enjoy..... :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 06:04:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42