What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: dynasty spas  (Read 8465 times)

dalop

• If its not the Boat Its the Tub!
dynasty spas
« on: June 06, 2006, 10:07:32 pm »
Looked at a Dynasty Neptune series Oceana tonight at my local dealer. I liked it and i have a chance to wet test it. What do you guys think of this line. I am looking into getting a new tub soon to replace the Icon tub before something happens to it.

Hot Tub Forum

dynasty spas
« on: June 06, 2006, 10:07:32 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: dynasty spas
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 05:13:30 pm »
Not a bad tub. I have a larger version the Excalibur.  

Mine is 3 years old and going fine.

Your tub -

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 07:21:12 pm »
We don't have any dealers near us. But it looks to be a quality manufacturer. Especially if your local dealer appeals to you, they'll take care of you no mater what brand they sell.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 07:38:14 pm »
I'm going to have to go against what some others have said.  The brand is lower in quality than others.  If you have a good dealer, then you'll be able to rely on him for service.

I would look at something else.  You will find a better quality, more comfortable spa elsewhere, IMO.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 09:15:39 pm »
I'm going to have to go against what some others have said.  The brand is lower in quality than others.  If you have a good dealer, then you'll be able to rely on him for service.

I would look at something else.  You will find a better quality, more comfortable spa elsewhere, IMO.

And to understand where your opinion comes from, what do you sell?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Anoroc

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 09:23:51 pm »
We have a local dealer that just opened up and I must say the spas look real cool.  I can't speak as to the quality but the price point for the features seemed exceptional.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 09:41:01 pm »
Over the 3 years I've known about them, they have made some good spas, and some goofy ones. I'm happy with the one I have for functionality and usability.

Vanguard

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 10:03:52 pm »

And to understand where your opinion comes from, what do you sell?

I have worked in a number of different positions in the pool and spa industry.  I have had this opinion of Dynasty for some time.  They also private label spas for South Central Pool supply (wholesale distributor) under the Garden Leisure name.  All the ones I have seen had flimsy siding, cheap jets that aren't recessed, overall cheap feeling - nothing to compare to the big brands - and they use the ol' big hp ploy.  I mean, come on, 7hp on a Neptune?  That is total C**P!!  The pools I have serviced and built have 2hp max.  These companies that play the HP game eat on me.  And Dynasty is one of them.  All it does is mess up the consumers who are honestly trying to find a quality product.

The dealers I've known who carry them typically carry them as a low-end brand to offset their higher end spas.  I'm sure some dealers use them as their main line, but not many that I've seen.  The dealers who buy the private label from South Central typically get them consigned and only have to pay for them when they sell them.  They don't even have to pay floorplanning for them.

They serve a certain segment of the market, but they are not the same as Sundance or Hot Spring or Caldera or Marquis or D1....

« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 10:05:06 pm by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 10:50:58 pm »

I have worked in a number of different positions in the pool and spa industry. ?I have had this opinion of Dynasty for some time. ?They also private label spas for South Central Pool supply (wholesale distributor) under the Garden Leisure name. ?All the ones I have seen had flimsy siding, cheap jets that aren't recessed, overall cheap feeling - nothing to compare to the big brands - and they use the ol' big hp ploy. ?I mean, come on, 7hp on a Neptune? ?That is total C**P!! ?The pools I have serviced and built have 2hp max. ?These companies that play the HP game eat on me. ?And Dynasty is one of them. ?All it does is mess up the consumers who are honestly trying to find a quality product.

The dealers I've known who carry them typically carry them as a low-end brand to offset their higher end spas. ?I'm sure some dealers use them as their main line, but not many that I've seen. ?The dealers who buy the private label from South Central typically get them consigned and only have to pay for them when they sell them. ?They don't even have to pay floorplanning for them.

They serve a certain segment of the market, but they are not the same as Sundance or Hot Spring or Caldera or Marquis or D1....

Wow, where is there factory located? Do they make thier own shells?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Vanguard

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 11:03:47 pm »

Wow, where is there factory located? Do they make thier own shells?
[/quote]

I'm not sure what their location has to do with anything.  But, the factory is outside of Chatanooga, TN.  I believe they are in Athens to be exact.  You can see the building right off I-75.  And, I do believe they make their own shells.

dalop

• If its not the Boat Its the Tub!
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 09:03:52 am »
Thanks for the info. If anyone else has any info on Dynasty let me know what you think. I will be looking around. I have a Master spa dealer near by where I was buying my chemicals and I was looking there too. Besides the new issues that came up on this post what is the over all opinon on these?

hymbaw

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 11:39:35 am »
 All the ones I have seen had flimsy siding, cheap jets that aren't recessed, overall cheap feeling - nothing to compare to the big brands - and they use the ol' big hp ploy.  I mean, come on, 7hp on a Neptune?  That is total C**P!!

We carried them for a year or so and I agree completely!

The cabinet is just plastic with a wood grain pattern stamped on it. (very flimsy)
The fit and finish is poor. (I've been able to slide half of my hand between the shell and cabinet!)
Twin 7 hp pumps!!  :P

A lot of sizzle......

No steak.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 01:25:46 pm »

I have worked in a number of different positions in the pool and spa industry.  I have had this opinion of Dynasty for some time.  They also private label spas for South Central Pool supply (wholesale distributor) under the Garden Leisure name.  All the ones I have seen had flimsy siding, cheap jets that aren't recessed, overall cheap feeling - nothing to compare to the big brands - and they use the ol' big hp ploy.  I mean, come on, 7hp on a Neptune?  That is total C**P!!  The pools I have serviced and built have 2hp max.  These companies that play the HP game eat on me.  And Dynasty is one of them.  All it does is mess up the consumers who are honestly trying to find a quality product.

The dealers I've known who carry them typically carry them as a low-end brand to offset their higher end spas.  I'm sure some dealers use them as their main line, but not many that I've seen.  The dealers who buy the private label from South Central typically get them consigned and only have to pay for them when they sell them.  They don't even have to pay floorplanning for them.

I have to agree here. From what I have seen of them the seating looks to be very uncomfortable and the siding looks very flimsy/cheap. Besides I never like any of those companies that big (4+hp) motors in the spa.  But really the locall dealer that carried them here took people's money and ran, so that left a pretty sour taste in my mouth, not necessarily the brands fault. But if I was you I would wet test the spa if you really like it and I would also check out some other brands and wet test them.

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 07:41:24 pm »
Wow, where is there factory located? Do they make thier own shells?I'm not sure what their location has to do with anything.  But, the factory is outside of Chatanooga, TN.  I believe they are in Athens to be exact.  You can see the building right off I-75.  And, I do believe they make their own shells.

yup.  They make these tubs about an hours drive from my house.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 07:41:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42