What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Re: Simple Green to clean filters?  (Read 13133 times)

Gil

Re: Simple Green to clean filters?
« on: June 06, 2006, 04:07:21 pm »
I don't know if it's the best filter cleaner but you'll find that several people on this forum do use it with good results.  IIRC, they say that it works best to run your filter through a couple of dishwasher cycles to get all of the chemicals out.  Since I don't have a dishwasher, I've never used Simple Green.  You could probably just spend 10-15 minutes rinsing with the garden hose.  Just rinse a lot more than you think you need to, or you will have the foaming problem.

Take Care,
Gil

Hot Tub Forum

« on: June 06, 2006, 04:07:21 pm »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 08:58:52 pm »
We don't use it. But it sounds like it's worth a try.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 09:20:10 am »
Yepper, I am trying to avoid the foaming. I've used every filter cleaner there is, rinsed the heck out of the filter and EVERY time I end up with foam.

Me thinks the manufactures of filter cleaners are idiots and don't know how to formulate.

_____--__-_____---__-_--___--------__---!@%@$@$@

Spanky YooooooooooooooHooooooooooooo!

Devil's advocate....

Maybe it's not the filter cleaner causing the foam?  Just as many folks (Likey significantly more)  use standard spa filter cleaner and have no foaming problems.
???

Also, are you seeing a sudsy soapy foam that you can actually scoop out, or more of an effervenscent foam that can be caused by air jets, and high tds?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 09:40:31 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 09:06:29 am »
It's a sudsy foam. Never get it until the filters are cleaned. I tub naked so it ain't my bikini. No one else uses the tub unless the drunk next door sneaks over while I am out tending to the business at the creek.

I rinse the living crapolina outta the filters after cleaning, so i know the residue isn't the problem.

i bet it is the drunken neighbor.

_________-----------------_-_-______----_-_-_-__

Spanly! YOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Go for the simple green and let us know how it works out for you.  :)

07 Caldera Geneva

blakley33

• skin to win...in my tub!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 12:36:24 pm »
I use simple green and it seems to work great. I soak them for about 12-15hrs in a 5 gallon bucket then rinse each filter for about 10-15 min then I run them through the dishwasher with no soap and after that I rinse each filter again for about 5-10 min just to be safe.
put filters back in and no foam just nice clean filters.
Good luck and let us know how it turns out for you.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 12:55:42 pm »
Speaking of soaking the filters.

Every once and a while, I "forget" that I have a filter soaking in a bucket of filter clean.   I'm told that soaking for 24 hours is prefered. Am I doing any harm to my standard pleated filter if I forget and leave it soaking for say 2 days

What about a week.? (hey I was busy!)
07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 04:05:34 pm »

Every once and a while, I "forget" that I have a filter soaking in a bucket of filter clean.   I'm told that soaking for 24 hours is prefered. Am I doing any harm to my standard pleated filter if I forget and leave it soaking for say 2 days

So was I (busy for a week), and it didn't seem to harm anything.  Filter is over 3 years old now.  Still works.
Oh yeah, it got really clean on that week long soak!

Brewman

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 04:18:25 pm »

I do it all the time.  I've even left them in a month.  My first set of filters lasted well over three years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 04:18:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42