What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New spa prices....these look OK???  (Read 3777 times)

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
New spa prices....these look OK???
« on: June 06, 2006, 07:40:37 pm »
Hello.  Brand new poster here and first time spa buyer.  Looking for 6 or so seats and narrowed choices down to Sundance Optima ($10,800), Caldera Moorea ($8100), Caldera Niagara ($9100) and HotSpring Vanguard ($8700).  All tub prices include delivery, steps, cover and lifter, and chems for the first few months.  Tax is not included.  Note the price on the Moorea also includes the Ozone system and colored LED lights that are standard on all the others.  Note the Caldera prices are after I was able to "haggle" a bit!  I am actually leaning towards one of the Calderas...probably the Niagara.

Am I getting good prices here?  We are in Northern NJ and the prices seem high when I see what others have paid.  Example on this board the Moorea is averaging $7100 and the Niagara $7900.  How are the prices in your area?

Thanks,

Marc

Hot Tub Forum

New spa prices....these look OK???
« on: June 06, 2006, 07:40:37 pm »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
Re: New spa prices....these look OK???
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 08:56:34 pm »
SOUNDS ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE HERE IN CT. YOU'RE ONTO SOME GOOD ONES, GOOD LUCK.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 09:09:11 pm »
Sounds like you've done your homework and gotten a good range of prices in your area.  The Caldera tubs are nice, I'm sure you'll be happy with it.  You did wet test, right?

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 09:39:29 pm »
Yup wet tested the two Calderas, "dry" tested the HS and did not get to test the Sundance.  $10K+ probably too rich for my blood anyway!

I am leaning towards the two Calderas.  I prefer the foot jets in the Moorea but I like the Utopia Series Niagara and all the features that come with it.  Again is it worth the extra $1000???

Marc

obiwan

• smile.... it makes people wonder what you're up to
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 10:46:12 pm »
we bought our niagra about 15 months ago, and the mooria wasn't out yet, so i cant realy say yea or nay for that one. we did west test quite a few different makes and models, and for us the niagra was top choice. the volcano jet blows away any foot dome jet for intense foot massage, but i do like the raised area in the floor, as it helps you to stay put if jets are really cranked up.
we tested the geneva also, but after owning 2 previous tubs with loungers, we did not want another one. that is of course personal preference only, so buy what you like..... you will enjoy it for a long time.
we paid $8100 (w/tax) (of course that was march '05) and got the matching plastic steps (since replaced), cover, lifter, led lighting, cd ozonator, chems, and an extra filter.
some one on this board pointed that out to me while we were shopping, ask for an extra filter. mine run about $65 retail, and with 2, i can rotate them out each month, and always have a clean one on hand.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 10:48:37 pm by obiwan »

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 11:03:40 pm »
Your Optima price is 3150 more than I paid and I got ozone to boot.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 11:36:50 pm »
Prices in Jersey tend to be higher than some other parts of the country ... but so is the real estate.

When I was shopping in Central Jersey what I found is that similar tubs were about similar prices. The Optima is not similar to the Vangurd, I believe it's closer to the Grandee and I would assume that the Grandee is closer to the $11K price.

I paid $1000 more for my tub then someone else on this board but they live in an entirely different part of the country.

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 07:01:46 am »
Obiwan when you say the "volcano" jet are you referring to the "euphoria" jet on the Calderas?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 08:07:50 am »

I paid $1000 more for my tub then someone else on this board but they live in an entirely different part of the country.

Exactly why price comparisons are of limited use.  
Brewman

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 09:55:14 am »
Gores, your prices look exactly what mine did here in the Midwest after some negotation.  I went with the tahitian and love it.  Your price for the Niagra isn't bad and is what it goes for here.  nice tub and not a bad price.  The Moorea isn't bad either if you like it and want a cheaper option.  I heard that Caldera prices were up this year.  Good luck with the decision.

LittleBlaine

• '06 Grandee
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 10:35:48 am »
I was quoted about 1K less on the vanguard in south NJ 3 months ago.  I don't know about the others.  But note that besides price, a good long-term relationship with the (preferably local) dealer is very important.

tmknies1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 11:15:58 am »
I was priced a little lower hear in CT but as Vinny stated NY is higher priced. They certainly are not out of whack.

Good luck.

hymbaw

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 11:27:32 am »
The Sundance you should be comparing to the Vanguard is the Majesta.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Vanguard

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 07:53:15 pm »
You will love the Niagara.  For an extra $1,000 you get a lot more spa.  The Moorea is a great spa for its price, but I think the Niagara is worth the extra $$.

My question to you is:  The Moorea is a lounger spa and the Niagara is not a lounger.  Wouldn't it make more sense to compare the Moorea to the Geneva?  These are both loungers.  

The Geneva is also a great spa and should be the same price as the Niagara - wherever you go.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Anoroc

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2006, 09:27:38 pm »
Price on the Vanguard seems ok considering you are getting a cover lifter and steps.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2006, 09:27:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42