What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Used Vita Spa  (Read 17111 times)

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Used Vita Spa
« on: May 30, 2006, 03:08:02 pm »
Long time reader , first time poster.

Someone I know is selling a Vita Spa. It's 2 years old. I don't remember the actual model number, but I think I remember it being an L100 or something like that. It doesn't have a lounger. It has a blue shell with a maintenance free cabinet.
The guy who is selling got it from when he bought the house and doesn't use it.  From what I remembered  it appeared to be in excellent shape.

Anyway what would be a fair price for such a tub.
I was thinking maybe around $3000?

Just trying to get an idea of what to pay for such a model. I will try and get more details about the tub obviously.

Also, how many guys does it take to move a hot tub? If I did buy it I would need to transport it to my house. Would two guys per side cut it?

Thanks alot for your expertise.

Chris

Hot Tub Forum

Used Vita Spa
« on: May 30, 2006, 03:08:02 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Used Vita Spa
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 03:48:47 pm »
here's what I found for Vita Spas L100 tub:

http://www.vitaspa.com/spa-showroom/L100/escapade.htm

They have 5 tubs in the L100 series:
Escapade
Aurora
Fontaine
Versailles
Alero

They all seem to be a decent sized spa, however Iknow nothing about them other than what i read on the web site.

I would try to find out exactly how old the spa is, and specifcally what model they have.  Is it currently filled and running?

2 guys to move a tub is doable, but very  tough.  I'd  think 4 yahoos would do it, but honestly would consider talking to a local dealer or moving company.  It might be money well spent.

I noticed some of the L100's are available as 110v. Do you know what this one is?

« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 03:52:06 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 04:42:33 pm »
I'd look into what a new one costs to help determine what a 2 yr old one may be worth.  

Has the owner given you any idea of what he/she wants for it?  

Could be a good deal, could be buying a headache.
I'd at least insist on seeing it filled and running, perhaps over a several day or weeks period.  
Never know if there is a leak or lots of other possible issues.

Is this spa currently sitting empty, or is it running?
Brewman

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 04:54:33 pm »
I just recently bought a spa made by the same company that makes Vita (it is called Reflections, both are mede by DM Industries in Miami). I like my spa but it is apparently not one of the "major" players or at least it doesn't get discussed that much here.

The L100 series is the "lower" line of spas with presumably a better price point, kind of like Tiger River is to Hot Springs. They tend not to have things on the upper line (L700) like ozone and 24hr circ pump although it might be possible to add those things if you wanted them. They also tend to be thermal pane insulation instead of full foam. I know the debate on that rages although it seems to me that if the full foam tends to go on the higher end spas then maybe full foam is better. I don't know for sure one way or the other about that. Mine is full foam and it seems to do well keeping the temp stable without giving me a big jump in my power bill. But I live in a temperate climate.

Anywho, bottom line is I have been satisfied with my tub and the quality of its construction so far although I have had it less than 4 months. No practical experience with the L100 series.

As to value I have no frellin' clue. Sorry.   :-/
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 05:02:42 pm by tanstaafl2 »
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 07:54:18 am »
I'll try and get more info on the tub and let you all know.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 09:01:10 am »

. They also tend to be thermal pane insulation instead of full foam. I know the debate on that rages although it seems to me that if the full foam tends to go on the higher end spas then maybe full foam is better.
  :-/

I belive these are full foamed.   I don't know the quality of the foaming (usually a high density, closed celled foam is perfered.) The only info I saw was "InsulFoam, our exclusive insulation"  What exactly that means?  I dunno :-/

http://www.vitaspa.com/spa_construction/index.htm
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 09:02:01 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 10:26:41 am »

I belive these are full foamed.   I don't know the quality of the foaming (usually a high density, closed celled foam is perfered.) The only info I saw was "InsulFoam, our exclusive insulation"  What exactly that means?  I dunno :-/

http://www.vitaspa.com/spa_construction/index.htm

The higher end L700 are full foam. But the mid price L100 models are not.

http://www.vitaspa.com/spa-showroom/L100/escapade.htm

If you go here and look in the right hand column you will see that the L100 Escapade is listed as having "Thermo-Pane™ Insulation".

http://www.vitaspa.com/hot_tub_showroom/index.htm

While the L700 such as the Rendezvous have the foam insulation shown on the website called "InsulFoam™".

If one were to buy it new you might be able to add full foam to it but probably at an extra cost. My spa had three price points. The lowest was TP while the mid and high were both foam.

I asked when I bought mine and the dealer said it was high density closed cell foam but I don't know how to tell for sure. It certainly looks to be pretty dense foam!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 10:28:57 am by tanstaafl2 »
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 11:04:15 am »
that's good info Tans.  
07 Caldera Geneva

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 03:46:06 pm »
Ok, It's a Vita 2004 L100

It has thermo pane insulation, lights, ozonator, molded headrests, deluxe cover

I must pick up and move myself.

What's a good price for this?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 05:06:13 pm »
I would say $1500 would be a fair price all the way around.  Three people can move that spa fairly easy with a four-wheeled furniture cart.

Good luck! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 10:46:40 am »
I find it hard to believe $1500 is all. Is that what you as a dealer would give them for it if they were to trade it in for a new spa? If so how much would you then sell it for?

I'm looking for what it's worth in a private retail sale situation.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 12:13:32 pm »
It looks to me like a $4-5000 spa brand new.  It is 2 years old.  It is not a particularly desirable spa from a feature or quality standpoint.  I would think $1500 is a very fair price for everyone involved.

From a dealer's standpoint, we would offer a $400 credit towards the purchase of a new spa and haul the old one off.  We would not resell it, but that's our policy.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 12:24:59 pm »
Here is an idea - call a Vita Spa dealer and ask them what they would sell one for (if they had one)

Then take about 15% off (Ijust chose this figure so no unintentional slamming)

r100rs

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 01:03:55 pm »
I find it hard to believe $1500 is all. Is that what you as a dealer would give them for it if they were to trade it in for a new spa? If so how much would you then sell it for?

I'm looking for what it's worth in a private retail sale situation.

There is no spa blue book that keeps things fairly consistent, so it's an estiamte but that sounds about right to me.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 01:03:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42