What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What do you think ...  (Read 4227 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
What do you think ...
« on: June 02, 2006, 05:17:38 pm »
... about reusing filter cleaner.

I am cleaning 1 set as I write and plan on cleaning the other set tommorrow when I clean these off.

I am using the leisure time filter cleaner and yes I am being cheap again! :D My tub doesn't get a lot of use and the cleaner seems very foamy ... I better make sure I really rinse off my filters!!! ;D

Hot Tub Forum

What do you think ...
« on: June 02, 2006, 05:17:38 pm »

Brookenstein

Re: What do you think ...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 05:49:52 pm »
Vinny,

I've only used the filter cleaner once so far and only on one of my filters.  I did keep the solution in a bucket with lid from Lowes and plan on reusing it.  Haven't done so yet, but thats the plan.

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 11:42:47 am »
I hate all filter cleaner because no matter how well you rinse, they STILL foam up!

how do you clean your filters?
do you just deal with the foam, or do you have a secret?
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 02:18:24 pm »
Vinny,

I've only used the filter cleaner once so far and only on one of my filters.  I did keep the solution in a bucket with lid from Lowes and plan on reusing it.  Haven't done so yet, but thats the plan.

Thats what I do.  I use two sets of filters.  I clean one while the other is being used.  I use LT Filter Clean.  One solution lasts me four months.  Been doing this for four years per instructions from my dealer.  Rinse well.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 09:36:23 am »
I use the Lesiure Time filter Cleaner and re-use it for about 4 cleanings.  I have in a 5 gallon bucket with a lid and soak my filter for 24 hours and rinse the hell out of it with a hand held shower head and under the tub's faucet. I have had no problems at all.    I snap the lid onto the bucket with the ceaning solution in it and save it for next month.

I only have 1 cartridge filter to clean though, and I have removed the band around the pleats so I can seperate the pleats.  After the 24 hr soak I rinse the entire cartridge and spread out the pleats as I spray in between each pleat (yes I am a bit anal) with the high pressure shower head.  
07 Caldera Geneva

Vanguard

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 09:11:26 pm »
You folks with foaming problems, are you using instant filter cleaner or the kind where you soak in a bucket.  If you are soaking, try using instant cleaner.  All you do is spray it on, wait a few minutes and rinse.  That is what I use and have never had a foaming issue.  I  know for sure that Hot Spring has both and BioGuard has both.  I would assume Leisure Time has instant as well.  

The instant works just as good as the soaking type.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 02:01:45 am »
Instant cleaner is great when you just need a quick clean, like to get rid of foam brought on by guests

Filter cleaner should be used when you drain to spa.

Vinny- I've never reused filter clean, but I do tell my customers that they can get by using a half a bottle. You really don't need the whole bottle.

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 07:19:02 am »
San Diego, can you put the caldera filters in the dishwasher or do you just need to hose them off when cleaning?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 09:19:06 am »
You folks with foaming problems, are you using instant filter cleaner or the kind where you soak in a bucket.  If you are soaking, try using instant cleaner.  All you do is spray it on, wait a few minutes and rinse.  That is what I use and have never had a foaming issue.  I  know for sure that Hot Spring has both and BioGuard has both.  I would assume Leisure Time has instant as well.  

The instant works just as good as the soaking type.

I used the spray on and didn't feel it cleaned as well.  

I  use the bucket method  and post cleaning foam is not an issue.  Cleary if the filters are foaming after the bucket soak, people didn't rinse well enough.
07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 09:25:05 am »
I consider the spray filter cleaners a supplement  to an overnight soak in a bucket of filter cleaner.  But not a replacement for it.  
 Thorough rinsing should eliminate foaming problems.  
Brewman

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 01:12:25 pm »
Vinny,

If you think you're cheap consider me.  I have never used filter cleaner.  My filters get rinsed with the garden hose once a week, and then go in the dishwasher with water changes every other month.  If I were you, I would use it over and over and over again until it was really not working anymore.

Bill

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 01:12:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42