What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Am I making a big deal out of nothing?  (Read 2854 times)

Viper_Dude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Am I making a big deal out of nothing?
« on: May 31, 2006, 03:15:03 pm »
I know I've read in an older post that generally new, aftermarket covers, don't fit as precise as your original factory cover. However does this go a little above and beyond that?

With the cover squared up on two sides I get about an inch and a half overhang on the right side:

And about an inch and a half overhang on the backside:

Also, the "flaps" running along the bottom edge of the cover don't entirely cover the lip of my hot tub shell:

Finally, the gap where the two halves of the cover meet, I can feel a little heat coming out (hard to really tell since it's in the 90's today):

The old hot tub cover was replaced under warranty. Should I request another one be sent? Or is it natural for a replacement cover to fit semi-irregular like this?

Hot Tub Forum

Am I making a big deal out of nothing?
« on: May 31, 2006, 03:15:03 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Am I making a big deal out of nothing?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 03:20:46 pm »
That looks like crap.  That is not the right cover for that spa, it should be a tight fit.  Tell them to make it right.

Good luck!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 03:21:25 pm »
You have a cover that does not fit.....it should be able to match the original with marginal differences (normal tolerances).....I wonder why they could not just send you a new factory cover...If it was a warranty repalacment...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 07:51:09 pm by Mendocino101 »

Viper_Dude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 03:35:17 pm »
You have a cover that does not fit.....it should be able to match the original with marginal differences (normal tolrences).....I wonder why they could not just send you a new factory cover...If it was a warranty repalacment...

Thanks Terminator and Mendocino! The Emerald Rep is supposed to be calling me today. I'll let him know to have his people at Sander's send out a new cover.

I was wondering myself why it isn't a factory cover. When they sent me the replacement cover bag (wrong color) it had the Emerald logo stiched in. This one doesen't even resemble the factory cover, and the color is a lot brighter grey. Here's a picture of the original cover:

cappykat

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 04:58:51 pm »
That's BOGUS!!  Definitely they should give you a factory cover that fits!
2005 Marquis Epic

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 08:42:10 pm »
yeah...what they said.
something doesn't look right.  
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Viper_Dude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 09:21:23 pm »
Well, I talked to Mike at Emerald today. He immediately called the president of Sander's (the cover company). The Sander's president couldn't believe the cover didn't fit... until Mike forwarded him the same photos I posted here. Unfortunately some of the Sander's plant employees will be working over time today and tomorrow. The new cover will be shipped out this Friday. I'll keep you updated.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 09:21:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42