What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dealers, how was your Memorial weekend?  (Read 5235 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Dealers, how was your Memorial weekend?
« on: May 30, 2006, 01:06:54 am »
I had no idea that the Memorial weekend was such a big event for Spa Dealers. Most of the bigger brands in my area had huge sales going on this past weekend.

I know East_TX_Spa did pretty well this weekend. How did the rest of you do? Is the economy picking up at all? Are people spending money?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

Dealers, how was your Memorial weekend?
« on: May 30, 2006, 01:06:54 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Dealers, how was your Memorial weekend?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 01:26:18 am »
I had an awesome Memorial Day. Went jet skiing out in the San Francisco bay. About 1/8 out past the Golden Gate Bridge we came upon a 3' long leopard shark swimming alon the surface.

Circled him a few times just to show him what it was like  ;D  ;D

Hey, does anyone know if there's such a thing as a waterproof digital camera?........ reasonably priced?

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 02:14:50 am »
Not a bad week.  We sold 10 spas.  Not many that came in because of our Memorial Day advertising though.  I think only one came in and bought due to newspaper ad.  Maybe two from seeing our sale banner outside.  The rest were just like our average, everyday shoppers - some from yellow pages, some from manufacturer's internet sight, etc.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 10:39:57 am »
Sounds like an awesome weekend, I spent my Sunday sitting on steel bleachers watching 33 cars chase eachother around a 2.5 mile oval! Awesome race, great finish. We are closed on Sunday's period. Monday, was cook out day. If somebody absolutly positivly had to buy a hot tub this weekend, then I guess we missed out on the sale. It aint breakin' my heart, I'd rather spend the holiday weekend with people I care about.

I had an awesome Memorial Day. Went jet skiing out in the San Francisco bay. About 1/8 out past the Golden Gate Bridge we came upon a 3' long leopard shark swimming alon the surface.

Hey, does anyone know if there's such a thing as a waterproof digital camera?........ reasonably priced?

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

salesdvl

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 10:44:48 am »
I'm not a dealer anymore but I'll chime in.  Sat we swam in our pool all afternoon and went to a local minor league baseball game.  Sat we went to a friends house and had a cook out.  Mon we swam at home again and cooked out.  
Measure once, cut twice.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 10:59:50 am »
Out on the lake Friday night.

yard work saturday and friends over Sat night (passed on the chance to see Springsteen)

Sunday, more yard work.  Steaks on the grill with my folks. Sitting outside at night by the fire pit.

Monday, even more yard work. I think I need to contact the Pope.   A miracle may be occuring.  The pile of mulch, although I have shoveled 20 wheelbarrow  of it, has not reduced in size. It could be a miracle along the same lines of the "loaves and fishes", or it could be a demonic curse, as  it's day threee and I still have a sh!tload left.  

After abandoing work on the miracle mulch, had my best friends over for steamers, lobsters and beer. Sat on the deck, soak in the pool, turned up the speakers and had a ball.   ended the day with a soak with the wife in the hot tub to sooth our aching bodies from too much partying and too much yard work. The weather in New england was fantastic!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 11:01:01 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

hymbaw

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 12:16:34 pm »
O.K. day saturday at the store(economy here still stinks)

Spent the rest of the weekend in the

at the CoPa, sweating, drinking,and watching my Tigers get beat(still in first place though ;D)
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 12:17:17 pm »

Yes there are. Many cameras have a waterproof case accessory that can be purchased for them. They can be used by divers. The cases sometimes cost as much as the camera.

http://www.backscatter.com/hostedstore/products/WaterproofCamera.html

In addition several digital cameras are now for sale that can go into shallow water (5 feet deep or less) and take pictures.

A couple of examples:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0305/03052801sonydscu30u60.asp

http://www.h20camera.com/consumer/overview.jsp

There are probably others.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 12:32:47 pm by tanstaafl2 »
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 12:30:23 pm »
Cheap son of a gun I am, I wound up ordering a Che-ez Foxz2 2.0MP Mini Tiny Slim Digital Camera w/all-weather waterproof case.

Yup, a big 2 MP, with virtually no zoom. It should be just fine for for what I want to use it for, though I'm a little concerned about it, or any camera's shock proofness. With shipping, it was under $55
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 03:32:36 pm »
We had a mighty good time.  We weren't open Sunday or Monday like some folks but I'm like Wisoki with the attitude of not caring if I missed a spa sale or not.  

We went out to the boss's family compound at the lake.  Here's the 15,000 sf main house with a tiny little HotSpring Jetsetter on the upper deck:

Here's Underling Amy and her husband and daughter beside the boss's HotSpring Envoy:

Here's the guest house for visiting dignitaries such as the Rev. Billy Graham and myself:

We all mounted Big Mable:

The life jacket had been in the water too long and had shrunk:

The World's Greatest Spa Salesman put in an appearance:

Some incredible displays of skill were performed:

Savanna and Ashley enjoyed the show:

Kim and Doug enjoy a dip of snuff as the sun sets softly behind them:

I broke the ski.  It sucks being fat and having big feet:

My future boss giving the ribs a try.  We ate three bowls of them.  They were fantabulous:

The World's Greatest Hot Tub Salesman's wife Sherril served up some of her pie.  It was delicitous:

My mean ol' pregnant wife going back for her third or fourth helping (I lost count):

Went out the next day to the boss's farm and tracked down some escaped convicts from the county jail:

We caught them trying to steal fish food, so we dispatched them.  It is Texas, after all:

Got the Alley Fest starting Friday.  Should have some good pics of naughty behavior.

Terminator

« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 02:31:35 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

hymbaw

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 04:37:45 pm »
Firearm safety:

Both hands on weapon
No one down range
Beer in pocket
:P
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 04:38:05 pm »
Hmmmm...

Me thinks the spa business ain't that BAD, huh?

;D ;D ;D
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

MarKee

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 11:49:24 pm »
We sold 25+ spas between our 3 stores over the weekend.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 12:52:48 am »
Very nice pictures Term. Did you say that Kim had a dip of snuff?

How did you do Sandiego?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 09:25:24 am »
we were slow saturday and sunday but had a good monday.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 09:25:24 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42