What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hydro pool ??  (Read 19404 times)

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
Re: Hydro pool ??
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 11:19:52 pm »
Wow, thanks for the great info, this site is really helpful. We are looking at the 575 gold series tub, with the extra garden light package. Cover, steps, ozone, etc... just is the only dealer in town, so there is not to compare to. Another dealer who sells only synthetic tubs mentioned concerns with the wooden tubs rotting from the inside out if there is ever any internal plumbing problems. He actually has a "damaged" wooden tub in the back of his parking lot. I am also concerned as Hydro pool is in Canada, and just not comfortable with warrenty issues. Any other information would be appreciated. Otherwise if we went synthetic, I have been looking at Master, Gulf Coast, and Aquaform (which I think is Sunbelt).
Thanks again.
Karen

Karen - I am NOT a dealer but rather a consummer who comes on here every once in a while to give these guys some guff.  Of the ones you've mentioned in this thread, Hydro Pool is probably the better spa.  Sunbelt is a low end spa shell that dealers can use to add their own jets to . They will tell you it is to give you the "most customized" spa but the reality is that it is simply THE BEST way for them to make the absolute most profit out of you, the buyer.   Sunbelt isn't bad but if you spend any more than $5K on one, you've made a mistake. Lower end plumbing, lower end controls, etc.  Master is the other extreme. They build nice units for their high-end peices but they also have a PROFIT at all cost mentality.  I was actually at a spa show where one of the owners of MASTER was doing customer sales.  I thought that was a GREAT move but later learned (during our private chat) that he was WAY too profit oriented when I put this to him... "When a large percentage of all spa sold are priced between $5K and $8K, why does Master price almost ALL of their spa's above the $8K mark." His response was that "there are people out there willing to pay $11K for a spa so why not take their money?"  He was trying to pretend like they were a high end spa worthy of the additional $'s but this pitch made it transparent to me that he "could" sell these spa's more competitively but siply wasn't interested.  The third listing you referenced, Gulf Coast Spa's should be AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS.  These guys are the opposite end of the scale. They are CHEAP spas, PERIOD.  They are worth $4K and that's what they sell for EVERY day.  Gulf has this nasty marketing approach that is being investigated in numerous states where they "claim" that they are offering a $8K spa for $4,500 when in fact, that spa has NEVER been sold to ANYONE for $8K.  They act like they are factory direct but the truth is that they will ship truckloads of Spas to ANYBODY who even expresses even the slightlest notion of sell spas.  Usually, the "dealers" will be set up in temporary settgins like a monthly rental storage facility or a cheap out-of-the-way warehouse. In fact, that "dealer" could EASILY be gone tomorrow.  They promote a central support desk but what you REALLY get is a person on the other end of the line saying ..."OK, now try this... Unplg X and reconnect Y....does it work now?  Hmmm, no?  let's try this...."  Acting as the hands and eyes for a guy that is sitting at a desk somewhere is hardly what ANY spa owners want to do.  If cheap is the PRIMARY driving factor consider Costco's rebranded Hot Springs or one of the Jacuzzi lower end spas you can get from (I don't recall the big store that does the low end Jacuzzi) for about $4,500 you can get a true name-brand tub. Hope this helps
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 11:19:52 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2006, 09:57:42 am »
Excellent post! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

ramdom

• Hydropool 625er.
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 07:59:27 am »
Steve:

Some discovered Browser Stats:

Internet Explorer - 50.76%
Firefox      - 36.20%
Safari - 7.69%

(I hear these tend to vary quite a lot any given week, for many different reasons...)

pmcrazi

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 08:33:32 am »
OK, so my new Hydropool spa is being delivered tomarrow (wed), and they are building the room around it. Structure starts to go up on thursday. Unfortunately it will be a few weeks before I can actually use my tub :'(
but just seeing it out there will have to do for now. In the mean time we are going to put a protective coat of water sealer on the cabinet and steps. Any other pre-tub recommendations? Just toooo excited, and thanks every1 for the great imput- I am sure we've made the right choice!
Karen :D

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 10:45:02 am »
Don't use Thompsons' water sealer. It turns wood black, and stays oily for weeks. It is not really intended for use on decorative wood.

If you like the Thompsons' brand, they make some fine semi-transparent stain, which is what you should use.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2006, 02:33:18 pm »
Sorry for the delay.  Cedar they use is great quality, should last forever in the area you are placing it.  You'll enjoy the spa.  My concerns are the bottom cleaning system pulls dirt and debris through the pump area before being filtered, the filter is pressurized and the opening for the skimming action is extremely small.  However, they do use very high quality components which will overall last a long time.  Seating designs are a little old or look old I should say, but again components are very good.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2006, 03:51:12 pm »
Sorry for the delay.  Cedar they use is great quality, should last forever in the area you are placing it.  You'll enjoy the spa.  My concerns are the bottom cleaning system pulls dirt and debris through the pump area before being filtered, the filter is pressurized and the opening for the skimming action is extremely small.  However, they do use very high quality components which will overall last a long time.  Seating designs are a little old or look old I should say, but again components are very good.

I believe Kyle just set the record for the most "back handed compliments" in one post!!

She already purchased the spa so your "valued concerns" are kinda misplaced.  :P

Should you require a detailed understanding of the designs in question Kyle, please don't hesitate to ask so I may make these clear to you.  ::)

Oh, and BTW Kyle, that " bottom cleaning system" has only been done by us for 25 years but I'll let the factory know that you have some concerns with it... ;)

Steve

« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 03:55:02 pm by Steve »

pmcrazi

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2006, 05:20:14 pm »
 ;D  Steve, WTG- I didn't quite understand that post either, I'm not looking for "other" spa salespersons opinions- I guess I will guide my future questions directly toward you, or intellectual individuals with information. The spa has arrived, unfortunately it will be awhile til we actually get to use it. The roof panels for our new Florida room are on back order, and they are not due in til next week. So constuction has been delayed a  week. Once they get the structure started the tub will be moved into place, and the cables ran. We have decided to put indoor/outdoor carpeting under the tub and about 4 feet infront, for dryoff. The rest of the room will be ceramic tiled. I promise pictures with progress. Thanks again for all the great info.
Karen

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2006, 05:49:23 pm »
Sounds AWESOME Karen and I look forward to see the pics!

You have to understand Karen that even though there are some great spa vets here (and other forums) the advise one can receive isn't always based off of educated info. It's unfortunate really because it degrades the entire site...

Steve

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2006, 05:54:18 pm »

I believe Kyle just set the record for the most "back handed compliments" in one post!!

She already purchased the spa so your "valued concerns" are kinda misplaced.  :P

Should you require a detailed understanding of the designs in question Kyle, please don't hesitate to ask so I may make these clear to you.  ::)

Oh, and BTW Kyle, that " bottom cleaning system" has only been done by us for 25 years but I'll let the factory know that you have some concerns with it... ;)

Steve

I think this ties the record for the "most sarcastic" responses to "back handed" compliments.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

anne

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006, 01:55:39 am »
In the mean time we are going to put a protective coat of water sealer on the cabinet and steps. Any other pre-tub recommendations?
Karen :D

I used an Olympic Maximum 3 year sealant, and was very happy with the ease of application and the results. Also a cedar cabinet.
Dance like nobody's watching

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2006, 09:39:22 am »
I think this ties the record for the "most sarcastic" responses to "back handed" compliments.

Well, then...YOU just set the bar for the "cheekiest response" to "sarcastic responses" to a "backhanded compliment." :P (I think) ???

Steve

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2006, 09:56:06 am »

The Self Clean aspect of Hydropool is what we are known for. This system has complete top and bottom filtration and is one of the only spa companies to address any debris that is heavier than water and sits in the footwell by removing it with the built in floor vacuum. It's very difficult to remove this otherwise and this debris causes more frequent draining and refilling.  

Huh?  

I have had 2 spas and never found it difficult to remove debris in the footwell and it's never caused more frequent draining and refilling.

::)
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2006, 10:10:20 am »

Huh?  

I have had 2 spas and never found it difficult to remove debris in the footwell and it's never caused more frequent draining and refilling.

::)

I have owned dozens of spas, and I agree - never found it tough to deal with the very rare debris in the footwell. Also never recall draining because of it.
???
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2006, 10:15:06 am »
I have owned dozens of spas, and I agree - never found it tough to deal with the very rare debris in the footwell. Also never recall draining because of it.
 ???

If HS made a claim like this, or something related to superoir filtering, I think we'd see more people paying attention.

8)
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2006, 10:15:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42