What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: getting very discouraged  (Read 7241 times)

cappy2449

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: getting very discouraged
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2006, 11:43:57 am »
i traveled 45 min east from my house to a caldera dealer to look at the geneva...it was not on display...ok that was fine, because i'm ready to buy....but....always a butt....i was floored by their price...over 10,200.00 plus tax!!!  i thought their prices would be lower then hs grandee...but not even close...so i took another members advise and contacted the caldera dealer in conn.....very very nice people..very good price 8400.00 on the geneva....butt....another butt....they want 1200.00 to deliver and won't service it....so i'm back to square one..backtracking all the hot tubs that i saw...i really want the geneva but won't pay that dealers price...if the difference were 500.00 or so i wouldn't mind....am i being unrealistic....please let me know

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2006, 11:43:57 am »

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2006, 12:18:57 pm »
I'm not a dealer, and I don't play one on TV (LOL), however, I am an end user.  I would suggest you look into Sundance brand tubs.  Specifically, the Optima.  I am an owner of a Sundance Maxxus and I love the tub.  My reasoning behind my suggesting this is the Sundance tubs have been around quite sometime and I would think their dealers would also bare this level of maturity.  My dealer is rather weird, I mean real weird, but he did not ever knock the competition and offered me a great price, $9600.00 plus tax, delivered on my 05 Maxxus.  Why not ask some of the dealers on this site to suggest another dealer in your area who would offer you a better experience.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2006, 12:56:56 pm »
very good price 8400.00 on the geneva....butt....another butt....they want 1200.00 to deliver and won't service it
They MUST service what they sell. Call the factory and ask about it. If this dealer tacks on $1200 to deliver, he SHOULD service it just from a standpoint of ethics.
....so i'm back to square one..backtracking all the hot tubs that i saw...i really want the geneva but won't pay that dealers price...if the difference were 500.00 or so i wouldn't mind....am i being unrealistic....please let me know
No - I don't think so - but that's my opinion. Have you tried taking the lower price into the high-priced dealer's showroom and ask him to meet it? Worth a shot - lets him know two things: you are serious about buying, and you don't want to pay his asking price.

On a related note: Caldera is not HotSpring's cheaper brand. They bought Caldera for one reason: to increase market share. They basically own every major market - there are no more places to bust into with HS - at least not on a large enough scale to matter much - so they are busting into all the existing markets with a new brand. The top of the line Caldera tubs are priced right about the same or slighly above the HotSpring tubs. The difference is that the Caldera offers two tubs in that price range which INCLUDE the stereo. Up until this year, the Caldera had the ozone included and the HS did not - that changed at the model-change in 06.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Micah

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2006, 06:47:56 pm »

HotSpring's basically own every major market - there are no more places to bust into with HS - at least not on a large enough scale to matter much - so they

What exactly do you mean by H.S. "Own's" every major market.  
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

shabba34

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2006, 07:02:05 pm »
What exactly do you mean by H.S. "Own's" every major market.  

He means that there are no more viable locations to put a HS store without encroaching on another HS store in the area.  They have the country covered, so that had to purchase another brand in order to expand their market share.   ;)

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2006, 07:52:16 pm »
He means that there are no more viable locations to put a HS store without encroaching on another HS store in the area.  They have the country covered, so that had to purchase another brand in order to expand their market share.   ;)

I love your avatar, pkud.  ;D

cappykat

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2006, 07:29:41 pm »
I've only got one question....where did you get the Cappy username? I'm the original Cappy on the board and I've never seen it used anywhere else.  Just curious.....

I agree with campsalot...look at Sundance and I would suggest Marquis also.  I have a Marquis Epic and absolutely love it!!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 09:12:57 pm by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2006, 03:16:27 am »
To anwser your question, no not all dealers are that petty. I went to two home shows and saw many tubs. Talked to the salesmen at the shows and then went to there stores to wet test.  I really liked the Hot Springs dealer and the tubs. But Sundance offered a better deal in the end. I have a Maxxus that is fully loaded. The dealer was very professional. But so was the HS dealer. In the end, he was 1500 higher, and would not move anymore. I still buy chemicals from him and he is nice to me. I have bought from some dealers I met on this website. And have been very pleased. :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 03:22:16 am by galen »

cappy2449

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2006, 09:21:24 am »
cappy is short for my last name caputo...i use it for everything...i bought the d1 chairman ll yesterday...a rep from the manufacturer was at the store, and we put together a great deal....any chairman ll  owners out there....thanks for all the input guys and gals

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2006, 11:32:07 am »
Congrats caputo. Post some pictures when you get it setup. I've heard good things about the Chairman II.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

cappykat

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2006, 05:01:53 pm »
Congrats, caputo.  I've heard good things about D1 also.
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2006, 05:01:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42