What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Replacing Tahitian for Envoy  (Read 8968 times)

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
Re: Replacing Tahitian for Envoy
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 12:27:56 am »
The smaller spa may appear to have more jet action, simply because the jets are closer to the center of the spa.  The only way the smaller spa will really have more action from the same pumps is if the total jet count is fewer - same gpm divided by less jets = more gpm from each jet.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 12:27:56 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006, 01:08:03 am »
Why doesn't HS switch to the active jets since they own the technology? I love the idea of being able to flip the nozzle to a spinner.
that's a very good question, one I'm going to ask the factory on my dealer evaluation form this year.

I have a partial answer for you, based on some simple facts: The jets in the Caldera not only flip from straight to rotary, they also turn off. That adds water pressure to the remaining jets, which is nice in the Caldera. It would be a problem in the HotSpring, becuase of the MotoMassage jets, which require a very precise amount of water to function correctly.

So - until they are willing to put the four Motos on a dedicated pump, which would be costly, and the rest of the tub on two other pumps...
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2006, 05:26:29 am »
I wouldn't think the volume of water in the spa would have much affect on jet pressure. That should be a function of how many gallons per minute the pumps could deliver.

As far as the small jets go, do they sting or itch if you are in the spa for awhile? It does seem like Caldera uses quite a few of the smaller sized jets in most of their spas. Maybe they aren't as harsh as some other brands out there.

They do not sting or itch if:
they are bunched together as in the Ecstaseat
they are located in spots where your body is not real close  or actually against them
they are located on spots where you move about

The really offer a powerful massage, you just have to keep the right distance from them. Actually that is a big advantage. Since I am 6"4 I cannot fit in the ecstaseat, but I can still get a good massage half way in. :)

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2006, 10:16:33 am »
OMG, really?! So you intentionaly hold your body in a position in the spa, away from the jets, so they do not cause discomfort?! And you call this a good thing? Unbelievable, on the spa marketed as the most "comfortable." Maybe I'm sounding a little J.A. ish here, but, I calls em as I sees em.

They do not sting or itch if:
they are bunched together as in the Ecstaseat
they are located in spots where your body is not real close  or actually against them
they are located on spots where you move about

The really offer a powerful massage, you just have to keep the right distance from them. Actually that is a big advantage. Since I am 6"4 I cannot fit in the ecstaseat, but I can still get a good massage half way in. :)

« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 10:17:24 am by Wisoki »
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re:  Replacing Tahitian for Envoy
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2006, 10:20:23 am »
Yeah, OK great. Since you've been in that SanDiego store so long, tell me about Marie that managed the store a couple years back. Also, I'd like to know exactly where you get your GPM info from. Thanks.

I've sold the Geneva and Tahitian for many years. The Caldera's are plumbed the same and the Geneva and Tahitian are the same spas, just different sized. The Gevena and Tahitian both have the same sized pumps, and are plumbed the same way. The Geneva has great power, but the Tahitain has even more power, because it is a smaller spa. That is where that information comes from. From experience on the floor and from feedback with customers and thousands of wet tests.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2006, 03:34:17 pm »
 :-X

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2006, 03:40:59 pm »
Wisoki-
I have three locations (about to open a fourth). I've been working for our company since I was 13 years old.

What does brining up an old salesperson who worked for us have anything to do with this conversation?

I'm not talking GPM. I'm talking about the performance of the tubs filled with water. I don't stay up on the GPM of the spas, because the reality is it doesn't matter. It matters how it feels to the customers and how if feels when you are in the spa, the Tahitian is stronger than the Geneva, that's all I'm saying.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2006, 03:46:22 pm »
You brought up GPM, I was aking for clarification. So you remember Marie?

Wisoki-
I have three locations (about to open a fourth). I've been working for our company since I was 13 years old.

What does brining up an old salesperson who worked for us have anything to do with this conversation?

I'm not talking GPM. I'm talking about the performance of the tubs filled with water. I don't stay up on the GPM of the spas, because the reality is it doesn't matter. It matters how it feels to the customers and how if feels when you are in the spa, the Tahitian is stronger than the Geneva, that's all I'm saying.

sandiego

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2006, 03:46:52 pm »
Yeah my dad hired her, I fired her.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2006, 03:53:00 pm »
She's selling saunas in Canada now. Crazy b*&^h!

sandiego

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006, 03:54:52 pm »

you said it.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2006, 05:55:39 pm »

Did you guys come across the same crazy saleswoman working for both of you? No redeeming qualites yet you both hired her?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2006, 07:07:43 pm »
OMG, really?! So you intentionaly hold your body in a position in the spa, away from the jets, so they do not cause discomfort?! And you call this a good thing? Unbelievable, on the spa marketed as the most "comfortable." Maybe I'm sounding a little J.A. ish here, but, I calls em as I sees em.

Jeez. Are you sure you´re in the spa business?
Sound more like you are working in the law business.  :o

And no. I don't hold my body in a position away from the jets. It was just the lounge that needed a mod.

:)

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2006, 11:13:24 pm »
That's funny, my Mom thought I should be a lawyer.

Jeez. Are you sure you´re in the spa business?
Sound more like you are working in the law business.  :o

And no. I don't hold my body in a position away from the jets. It was just the lounge that needed a mod.

:)

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2006, 11:14:05 pm »
We were coworkers.

Did you guys come across the same crazy saleswoman working for both of you? No redeeming qualites yet you both hired her?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2006, 11:14:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42