What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Replacing Tahitian for Envoy  (Read 8973 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Smile Frank ...
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2006, 10:34:20 am »
I don't hold my body in a position away from the jets. It was just the lounge that needed a mod.  :)

Karl, do what works. Each of us have one or two seats which we find special ways of enjoying. I have two jetstream jets - those are the biggest in the HotSpring - which I use for my back. To do so I have to sit on the floor of the tub. This only works if I'm in the tub solo. So go for it!

;D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Smile Frank ...
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2006, 10:34:20 am »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: Your turn Chas ...
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2006, 03:32:31 pm »
Call me crazy, but I, for 15 years, have been under the impression that getting a multi jetted hot tub/spa, was to get in the warm water and enjoy what the jets do! Now, I may just be foolish, but spending thousands times 3 for a hot tub that you need to "find special ways to sit in" sounds like lunacy to me. I guess that's why they say opinions are like ass holes, everybody's got one, but if I can't have the spa full on, with the jets fully open and sit there comfortably for 30 or more minutes, with my skin directly next to the jets, they why am I buying this thing? If I want to just soak in hot water, I'll fill up my bath tub, and save a bundle!

Karl, do what works. Each of us have one or two seats which we find special ways of enjoying. I have two jetstream jets - those are the biggest in the HotSpring - which I use for my back. To do so I have to sit on the floor of the tub. This only works if I'm in the tub solo. So go for it!

;D

« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 03:34:22 pm by Wisoki »
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: Replacing Tahitian for Envoy
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2006, 05:21:06 pm »
I've lost the point here. Are we saying that the Caldera jets are too powerfull and hurt your body while soaking for more than 30 minutes? Can't you adjust them down if they're hurting you?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2006, 07:10:20 pm »
Call me crazy, but I, for 15 years, have been under the impression that getting a multi jetted hot tub/spa, was to get in the warm water and enjoy what the jets do! Now, I may just be foolish, but spending thousands times 3 for a hot tub that you need to "find special ways to sit in" sounds like lunacy to me. I guess that's why they say opinions are like ass holes, everybody's got one, but if I can't have the spa full on, with the jets fully open and sit there comfortably for 30 or more minutes, with my skin directly next to the jets, they why am I buying this thing? If I want to just soak in hot water, I'll fill up my bath tub, and save a bundle!

Easy. Because all don't have the same needs and preferences.  And all doesn´t even have it from time to time. Like me.
The jets can be adjusted several ways, through engine speed, by adjusting the air mix and by playing with the diverters. The only complaint I had was the eurojets in the lounger. They were too powerful compared to the bigger jets in the same lounge. So I switched them out.

What is so damn bad with finding new ways of enjoying the spa? Why remain seated? It's not like it is a boat, right?

I often float in the middle, getting a great backrub from the big jet on the floor of the spa. It's great, but I don't think the Caldera people had that in mind when designing the spa. But I don't care about that. I'm happy.
I am a little sad I can't fit into the Ecstaseat, but then again - there is no spa with designated seats where I can sit with water up to my neck. That's the backside of being tall & handsome.  8)

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
Re: Replacing Tahitian for Envoy
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2006, 12:17:38 am »
everyone has different body sizes and needs. you can always find a way to sit in a tub that the engineers don't think of. You might strain a unique part of your body that is hard to reach and so when you're in the spa you float.

there is no reason to slam someone because they can contourt their body in a spa a certain way to get added relief. bonus points for them.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2006, 08:52:13 am »
Call me crazy, but I,
Alright: Frank, you're a crazy butt eye.  ;)

Ease off, tubs are about relaxing. I have a ten-year-old Grandee, and I have no trouble making it work. Just because I want a special pounding on my lower back today, doesn't mean I'll need it every day. Most of the time I sit in fromt of one of the two Moto Massage. Other times I'm just there to spend time with my daughter, and I'll sit anywhere that  is open.

If you want to chuck your spa and go back to a bathtub just because Karl found a way to make his tub do what he wants it to, I guess we'll just have to honor that.

;D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2006, 08:52:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42