What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A Chlorine Reading Question  (Read 7167 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: A Chlorine Reading Question
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2006, 08:54:20 pm »
Use the drop test ... preferably the Taylor K2005.

Testing shouldn't be thrown off by 5 PPM chlorine, it also may be affecting all the other parameters.

The most amount of time I've gotten from my water is about 6 weeks. I am now on my 6th week of my last water change and looked inside the tub this morning - clear; opened up this evening and it was cloudy. I hit the tub with 2 oz MPS and 7 PPM chlorine (I also had foam when I turned the jets on). I figured whatever was causing it should be burned off with the high chlorine and MPS.

GET THE TAYLOR!!! ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2006, 08:54:20 pm »

Brookenstein

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2006, 09:30:42 pm »
Only 6 weeks Vinny?  How many people use the tub, how long, and how often?

I think I'm around 10 weeks now and thought I should get another 4 or so.  I don't think I will stress about it too much and I will change it out as soon as I can.

Its funny we use our tub daily normally... both times my readings went funny was when we hadn't used the tub for a few days and I put in a little more than my daily amount.

I'll try and get the kit in the meantime as well.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2006, 09:51:21 pm »
I'm the only one who uses the tub and only twice a week at the most, usually once a week. I'm in it for about 50 minutes at a time.

What usually happens is at about 6 weeks my tub starts foaming and it'll clear once or twice but then it becomes time to dump and refill. With the usage that I give it it should last longer but it doesn't.

Originally I blamed it on my kids bathing suits - washed of course and thinking it was the detergents and spray and wash.

One of my problems is I tried too many things to clear it up ... dichlor, MPS, enzymes and clarifier ... too much crap IMO.

This past water change I use only dichlor mostly, MPS once in a while and Sea Klear clarifier on a weekly basis; nothing else besides baking soda to raise PH and Alk.

I did try N2 but it didn't do anything for me and every so often my water get's chlorine lock. I can go 2 days with the chlorine not disappearing. I had chlorine lock just before this cloudiness episode.

As far as water changing, there is a formula:

# of days = (1/3 volume)/ (# of daily bathers)

so a 300 gal tub used by 2 people would be:

(300/3)/2 = 100/2 = 50 days

Water here is cheap and it really is a great chemical to put in the tub!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 09:52:48 pm by Vinny »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2006, 09:51:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42