What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question about Pricing? MSRP?  (Read 4570 times)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Question about Pricing? MSRP?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2006, 01:14:24 pm »
Anne,

And thats the point of my first post some very blatant and obvious bogus made up price is not MSRP but I think most of what many people consider to be Major manufactures have a real MSRP and the spread is nothing like the numbers that you quoted....I think that in those cases it is far more credible.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2006, 01:14:24 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2006, 02:33:31 pm »
Mendo,

My opinion of MSRP is that a company can put anything on it (gulf coast spas or thermospa) and it really is bogus.

Now a actual retail price where I can compare apples to apples is meaninigful. When I was shopping for a tub I was only concerned on features and price. I "knew" I was looking at a quality brand and I am a firm believer that among most manufacturers that quality, jetting filtration ... are the "same", it's just a personal preference in what fells better or is considered a better buy.

I chose mine because it was a great bang for the buck. There was really nothing around that I saw that was in it's league. I did see tubs that were somewhat comperable but not as featured packed as mine for the price.

I really couldn't have cared if the MSRP was $20,000 or $7,500. BUT  If I happen to find a higher end tub for about the same price as mine, I may have jumped on it knowing it was a good price. But that to me is doing the research.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2006, 02:58:49 pm »
Vinny,

It is true that it can be augured  what  the value is of  having a MSRP price but that can apply to just about anything that you can buy retail. Even clothes have them. In the end what you have to pull out of your pocket is what matters, but most spa shoppers do not do the research that the folks on this and other boards do. I would think most of the dealers here will tell you how little the the average person who comes in to your store understands about spas. Most look at size and how many jets than lights and waterfalls and if it has a stereo .....for them this is what makes it a good spa...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2006, 02:58:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42