What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question for Artesian Owners/Dealers  (Read 2570 times)

Brookenstein

Question for Artesian Owners/Dealers
« on: May 26, 2006, 08:29:49 pm »
My friend is taking delivery of her Island Grand Cayman that she bought used tomorrow.  I told her to go to her local Artesian dealer and talk to them, buy new filters, get chemicals... basically start building a relationship with them.  The store doesn't stock filters.   ::)  This sounds absurd to me, but then again I haven't had to look for filters yet for my HS.  Do most dealers carry filters in stock?  I just assumed they would.

Also, can anyone log in to the site and send me a link or file to the owners manual, so we can make sure they do the wiring properly.

TIA!

Hot Tub Forum

Question for Artesian Owners/Dealers
« on: May 26, 2006, 08:29:49 pm »

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
Re: Question for Artesian Owners/Dealers
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 08:41:33 pm »
most dealers carry filters in stock. at least that's what my experience has led me to believe.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 08:43:24 pm »
Just go to http://www.artesianspas.com/main/manual.asp .

Nothing to log onto - no passwords or anything.

As far as filters, I find it EXTREMELY odd that a dealer doesn't have filters in stock unless there was a run on them. My dealer had about a dozen in stock. Apparently there are disposable filters too that Artesian sells.

Brookenstein

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 09:34:22 pm »
Thanks, I never found that link on the site.

The guy told her they never keep them in stock.   ???  Makes no sense to me.  

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 11:26:14 pm »
It's interesting ... I just went onto the site and read the 2006 manual and I think that although the manual is much better than in the past I think the programmed operation for 2006 is a little weak for these tubs.

Now they have circ pumps that can be programmed to turn off, they stop filtering if the tub gets to 2º above setpoint and not all the pumps come on to clear the lines 2 times a day.

The electronics seem to be more sophisticated but the 2004 & 2005 electronics seem to be a little more "functional" IMO. Of coarse I'm living with a 2005 and maybe I'm used to it and just think it's more functional.

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 11:44:57 pm »
Hey Brookenstein:

The Artesian filters you need should be linked here.

Unless they changed, Artesian controls used a 4 wire set, 2 leads a neutral and a ground requiring a 50 AMP circuit. It goes in pretty easy, but the bend at the end can be challenging.

Good luck....

Drewski

8)
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Brookenstein

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 01:54:32 pm »
Thanks Drewski.

I decided to call the dealer myself... I just asked how much the filters were.  I was on hold 5 minutes and the guy finally came back and asked for my name and number so someone could call me back with the info.  I'm guessing this co sells a bunch of other stuff and very few spas.

I looked on the net to see the next nearest dealer... called that number and it had been disconnected.  Hmmm.

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 02:20:38 pm »
Thanks Drewski.

I decided to call the dealer myself... I just asked how much the filters were.  I was on hold 5 minutes and the guy finally came back and asked for my name and number so someone could call me back with the info.  I'm guessing this co sells a bunch of other stuff and very few spas.

I looked on the net to see the next nearest dealer... called that number and it had been disconnected.  Hmmm.

I find it odd that the local dealer does not stock the filters.

I'd buy the filters online.  It doesn't sound as if building a relationship with this dealer is going to be worth much effort.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 02:21:00 pm »
They sell Artesian parts on the web site. Also, J_McD sells Artesian and so does NJDAVE. Maybe they can help you out!

Brookenstein

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 02:40:30 pm »
I think long term, the net is a fine option, but I think she was hoping to get new filters ASAP so she could get the spa going.  Then again, I don't think she's done the wiring yet, so we might be okay just ordering them off the net.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 02:40:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42