What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Roto Mold tubs Dreamaker/Strong/Freeflow  (Read 9499 times)

Craiger

Roto Mold tubs Dreamaker/Strong/Freeflow
« on: May 08, 2006, 09:09:36 am »
Getting down to picking which rotational molded resin tub to purchase  ;D  I'd like to look into a freeflow but cant seem to find a dealer on the Eastcoast in MA, +Free flow doesnt ship cross country from CA...soooo...

Now am between Strong Spa Cypress gold edition and Dreammaker Excalibur:  I like the fact that the strong spa can be converted to 220 for a 4 amp heater and comes with a 2hp /2speed pump where the Excal stays 110 with a 15 hp pump, also the Strong spa cypress comes with an ozonator built in.  Here's a comparision found at :
http://www.myhottubandspa.com/comparison.html

Of course it is a biased site as they deal with strong spa brand only.

Also anyone have info. on Heat transfer/recovery i.e. (Hotstick technology) ? versus a true stainless steel heater?

I noticed Ahh spaa's has upgraded their dreammaker now with a heat jacket for the hot stick and balboa controls etc. whatever that is.
In cold weather could mean all the difference.

quote from Ahh Spaa: (The DELUXE model upgrades are: Balboa Electronic Digital Controls, Deluxe Waterway Convertible Jets, Aqua Flo 1.5 HP Pump, and Interior Mood Light.)  

Pressure switches?  any difference in the models? My previous post  on strong spa garnished a reply from Chas( thanks Chas!) that pressure switches are not covered for a full year and may have issues.   Couldn't find any info on the pressure switch or location on the dreammakers..

Appreciate any input! especially from anyone that owns a resin roto mold tub. !

8)

Hot Tub Forum

Roto Mold tubs Dreamaker/Strong/Freeflow
« on: May 08, 2006, 09:09:36 am »

Craiger

Re: Roto Mold tubs Dreamaker/Strong/Freeflow
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 09:11:31 am »
change that !

"where the Excal stays 110 with a 15 hp pump" ..

Lol I wish!  I meant 1.5 hp pump  ;D

uncommonlytasty

• I love my cheep spa
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 10:07:35 am »
Craiger,
The dealer that I bought my spa from just started carrying Freeflow spas.  They are located in Rehoboth, MA. (close to the RI border).  The name of the place is Four Season Spas.

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 07:57:20 pm »
One thing I'd ask your dealer is if they will give you a guaranteed trade in within a year.  A lot of dealers selling these types of spas will do that because they know the owner will probably want to trade up within a year.

Don't expect much out of heat transfer.  It will work, but is not nearly as effective as a true heater.  Being up north, you will find the spa will cool down quickly.

Treat these spas for what they are - Cheap, entry level.  Don't expect the same performance as a full on name brand spa, ie, Hot Spring, Sundance, etc.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Craiger

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 08:10:12 pm »
Understood on the entry info.,appreciate the input Aqua Just what I'm looking for..above a spa2go,would u could u in a box'.....  yet below an acrylic super soaker which would do the same to my wallet at the moment.  And thanks for the help uncommonlynasty with the dealer down Rehoboth, unfortunately that is about 100 miles from me so freeflow is a no go.  I need something soon as am not getting any younger. Getting over a pinched nerve and had recent bursitis run ..Ooof. .. really need to get into daily soaks and turn the clock back on my central nervous system and clear the stress>>     Haven't seen any negative info. googling this company, an feel this is good entry level soaker,  will  give feedback once I pull the trigger on the Strong spa Cypress. Still $2995 with free delivery, cover, ozone and 4kw heater when 220 verted.      Happy tubbin' !

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 01:15:45 am »
What are you paying for the spa....I know of a comparable spa to the free flow but with a much better cover.....it would cost you about 2200.00

Craiger

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 02:28:49 am »
will be buying through
http://www.my-hot-tub-and-spa.com/ 2200? Rotational mold model? not going freeflow here, Strong Industries spa line. 2200! good price if the brand and warranty is good. Looking at 15 jets on the cyprus + ozonator and 220 hardwire for 4kw heater.. do tell more *

Craiger

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 08:25:14 pm »
 8) Pulled the trigger on the Cyprus Hot tub from Strong Industries! $2995 entry level Incoming! Here's the link to the Owner's Manual if anyone wants a look >>

http://www.strongpools.com/pdfs/Cyprus2_15_06.pdf

My wife and I visited a few dealer's in the area and one huge "Battle of the Brands" sponsored by Oasis Spa out of Nasua NH and was very impressed with the display, The 06' Grande was going for 10k, and I really wanted a Sovereign going for 7k, very nice pricing IMO.   However,we talked it over and decided since we are newb's to the hot tub scene.. an entry level tub would be the thing to do for now.. make sure we use it etc. and then down the road upgrade to a real tub if the soakin' tubbin' lifestyle sticks. Will post back on my internet buying experience, and aprise ye on the experience. . Happy Hot tubbin~! and thanks again for all the input * I love this forum   ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 11:49:53 am »
Enjoy your soaking experience!

Welcome to spatopia. Well, when it gets there...

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Craiger

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 11:28:32 am »
 ;D ;D ;D Thanks Chas ... and the Hot tub is here!  arrived via Mayflower trucking yesterday@!  The truck driver himself said he owns a strong spa and has had his a year now and loves it!. Anyway I moved it out to the backyard patio last night, leveled it, filled and plugged her in, no leaks, no problems so far, what power from the jets! water is up to 83 degrees now after 12 hours and getting close.   once it hits 90 degrees will put in the metal cleaner and run the jets for 30 min. then add 2 tablespoons of sodium dichor, run jets again, test alkalinity and see how it runs, what a beautiful looking tub, will have to find a way to post pictures!  Happy Memorial day weekend all ! ;D ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 11:28:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42