What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pool/Tub hoppin'  (Read 2421 times)

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
Pool/Tub hoppin'
« on: May 26, 2006, 10:23:54 am »
Coming up on the one-year anniversary of my tub, it's been great.

Last year, because of the tub/room installation, plus pool liner repair issues, I didn't open up my outside swimming pool. To be honest, thanks to the tub, didn't really miss it either!

This year I got the pool straight, all ready to go for this weekend. I've always used chlorine in the pool, but bromine in the spa. This year I decided to add one of those Nature II mineral cartridges to the pool filter/pump piping, to be able to reduce my chlorine use.

The Nature II instructions state not to use it in a Bromine system. So what's going to happen if we hop from the pool to the spa, and visa versa? The end of the world as I know it?

Hot Tub Forum

Pool/Tub hoppin'
« on: May 26, 2006, 10:23:54 am »

hymbaw

Re: Pool/Tub hoppin'
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 12:00:15 pm »
Nothing
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 03:44:27 pm »
I would not worry about it.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 03:55:38 pm »
Bromine mixed with a trichlor agent is very unstable.

Add trace amounts of silver ions (N2) and

BOOM!

/just joshing. :) Hey,in a few months let me know hou the pool n2 system works for you.  :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 04:00:02 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 04:18:03 pm »
Thanks folks, that's good to know.

We went with the Nature II system because we got a new puppy last winter, and we are trying to reduce the chlorine level needed so she can join us for a swim.

I live on a lake, but don't like to use algaecides, so usually just keep the chlorine level high enough. This is suppose to take the algaecide’s place.

We shall see how it works...cartridges are $$$, but it's only a "once a season" expense. If not, then it's just a matter of replacing the feeding with a repair coupling.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 04:18:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42