What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Don't go in the hot tub when...  (Read 34176 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Don't go in the hot tub when...
« on: May 24, 2006, 04:31:23 pm »
You have poison ivy...or poison oak ...or poison sumac...or if you don't know what kind of poison you have....The heat must help irritate the skin even more and the rash spreads like crazy... :( it ain't pretty ???
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

Don't go in the hot tub when...
« on: May 24, 2006, 04:31:23 pm »

anne

Re: Don't go in the hot tub when...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 04:58:07 pm »
On that note, poison oak ( and I think poison ivy) spreads though the oils on the plant and then the serous secretions in your skin. I wonder if the concentration of that fluid could be high enough for another person to get poison oak in your water....???
Dance like nobody's watching

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 05:11:28 pm »
I remember a thread a long time ago asking that question. I never used to get poison ivy, but I do react to poison sumac. I think I may have the rash from handling my son's work clothes. As soon as it started, I scrubbed the area with detergent to remove the oils. It was only a few bumps so I thought the hot water and bromine would dry it out and get rid of it fast.  The opposite happened, I have blisters all over the underside of my arms and they are really messy! I guess I don't know if the water in the tub spread the oil or if the hot water just caused more irritation ...but I won't do this again  ???

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 09:17:51 am »
You have poison ivy...or poison oak ...or poison sumac...or if you don't know what kind of poison you have....The heat must help irritate the skin even more and the rash spreads like crazy... :( it ain't pretty ???

Thanks Bonne.  

I can attest to that.  I am currently living it.   :P  I've been out in the yard/garden/woods every free minute and I picked something up.  At first I thought the red dry skin was due to soaking too much.

Nope.

It's Posion something or other.  

Hot water definatly makes it worse.  (of cours,  it took me a few soaks to realize that.).

I wish I bought stock  in the calamine lotion industry. i'm out of the tub for a few more days  until I am completly clean.

:-/

I know that in the summer, a soak in the pool and the chlorine helps a lot, but not  so in a spa. The hot water and jets seem to really irratate it.  :P

« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 09:20:05 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 09:24:43 am »
How cool Drew, we have matching rashes!...and I am really itching to get back in the tub...really really itching... ;)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 09:25:40 am »
How cool Drew, we have matching rashes!...and I am really itching to get back in the tub...really really itching... ;)

My wife is begining to get suspicious.  ;) ::) ;D

/did you get your tomatoes in yet?
07 Caldera Geneva

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 10:00:00 am »
Yep, and I planted that poor asparagus too! I am going to an Amish farm tomorrow for more plants. They always have the best stock and prices.  How did you do with your pool?  I figure this weekend I will open my pool and put in the new skimmer...I am planning on jumping in the tub right after the shocking 70 degree pool water...(just have to keep my arms out of the hot water!) I seriously doubt that I would try to get into the pool if I didn't have the hot tub for a real quick warm up...we'll see how it goes ;D

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 10:07:07 am »
The pool is in! They cut in the new skimmer and lighted return jet last night.  I just need to install some ladder flanges on the deck and we will be good to go.  (hey, I like the idea of going from the cold pool to the hot tub. Once this rash clears, I''ll be swimming early. ) :)

The Esther Williams pool is great. I'll take some pics this weekend.
07 Caldera Geneva

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 10:31:23 am »
Good choice..I think they are the best..When I did mine, I couldn't afford a EW, but my cousin's is 25 yeras old and still looks great ;) Hey I want a lighted return...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 10:52:53 am »
Good choice..I think they are the best..When I did mine, I couldn't afford a EW, but my cousin's is 25 yeras old and still looks great ;) Hey I want a lighted return...

My lighted return is an Aqua Lumnator. They fit into any standard return opening. You could put one in a few minutes. You, obviously need the water to be below the hole during the install, so now is a good time to put one in.  They sell for about $100.   This is a neat install, as the water return still works (no need to punch additional holes in the pool wall).

There is a water fountain attatchment avaialable, but I decided not to get that (not my style, plus I could see a fountain considerably interfering with the circulation.

here's a place that has them for $99

http://www.poolsupplies.com/Product_PAGES/NewPages/Lights.html
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 10:52:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42