What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Concrete Question and Used Spa First Fill Help  (Read 2870 times)

Brookenstein

Concrete Question and Used Spa First Fill Help
« on: May 24, 2006, 04:00:26 pm »
My friend is having her spa delivered Saturday between like 10-12.  She is going to put it on the existing patio slab.  She has been in process of adding RV parking to her driveway and the area to the fence where the spa will be is currently dirt.  She wanted to have the concrete poured tomorrow, but was wondering if that would give it enough time to cure before they wheeled the 700+lb tub on it.

Any feedback?

Also, any input on the best way to de-ickify the spa and have it ready to go for her?  We don't think the old owners new much about spa care.  The water was very foamy.  It was also bromine and she plans to use dichlor.  I can't remember what I did to my tub.

One last thing... are the Artesian owners manual on their web site?  I haven't located it yet and I was hoping to have the preinstall guide for her.

TIA!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 04:22:47 pm by Brookenstein »

Hot Tub Forum

Concrete Question and Used Spa First Fill Help
« on: May 24, 2006, 04:00:26 pm »

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
Re: Concrete Question and Used Spa First Fill Help
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 07:23:00 pm »
One last thing... are the Artesian owners manual on their web site?  I haven't located it yet and I was hoping to have the preinstall guide for her.

TIA!

Yes, the Artesian owners manuals are on their website. If you have trouble logging in (some parts of their site require a login), let me know.  I can login and try to find the manual.

De-ickify?  Wipe it down really well.  I've heard of folks using special hot tub cleaner.  I've also heard of using a weak bleach/water solution.   Windex has also been rumored to work. Just stay away from soap cleaners.

Get new filters.  I dont' think I'd even bother with the old ones.

Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Brookenstein

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 07:55:22 pm »
Thanks.

So, she has to register to have access to the manuals?  I wonder if she can register before she has any of the product #'s and takes ownership of it.

I wasn't sure if she should fill the tub when she got it, put some dichlor or bleach in it for a bit, then drain and start over or as long as she did a basic wipe down she would be ok.

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 09:09:46 pm »
I don't think I'd fill, drain and refill.  Seems a bit of a waste to me. I'd just wipe it down real good...twice. Maybe somebody else might want to chime in.  I guess there is some issue with the pipes and jets, but I'd just buy new filters and shock it with a bunch of dichlor.

I would implement the 30 day water change rule (change 1st tub of water in 30 days).

Artesian Island Grand Cayman

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 09:03:46 am »
While I can understand they would want to get it filled up as quickly as possible,  I'd strongly recomend they spend a good afternoon cleaning it.   Now is the best time for them to scrub it down and ensure it's clean.

To de-cootie the tub,  I'd suggest using a "swirl away product" to clean out the pumbing. Thier dealer should carry it, or a similliar product.  Rinse well.  If any of the jets can be taken off and washed, it would be a good idea too. Gunk and staining can  build up in there.

I'd also pull the pillows out and wash both the pillow and the shell behind them.

New filters are a must,  IMHO.

If they wanted, this might also be a good time to put a coat of shell wax (fast glos) on the tub, and maybe some 303 protectant on the cover. (They should wash the underside of the cover as well. )

What type of Arteisan are they getting?

« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 09:07:45 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 09:03:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42