What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Damaged Vanguard  (Read 2663 times)

newriver99

Damaged Vanguard
« on: May 22, 2006, 07:22:47 pm »
We had a very windy day today in Arizona.  I did not have the cover secured and the wind blew it off.  The cover lifter came out from were it attaches to the back making holes where the screws secured the lifter.  My question is: "Can the panel be replaced and the cover lifter be reattached?  Also will this be a very expensive repair?"  Any suggestions.

Hot Tub Forum

Damaged Vanguard
« on: May 22, 2006, 07:22:47 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Damaged Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 07:46:44 pm »
We had a very windy day today in Arizona.  I did not have the cover secured and the wind blew it off.  The cover lifter came out from were it attaches to the back making holes where the screws secured the lifter.  My question is: "Can the panel be replaced and the cover lifter be reattached?  Also will this be a very expensive repair?"  Any suggestions.

IfI understand your question, yes, the panel can be replaced.  I am not up on the current pricing.  What kind of lifter is it?  Any damage to the lifter or cover?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 08:01:38 pm »
As far as the screws, use bigger wood screw and use the same holes. Even if you need a new lifter you can use the same holes. Or shift the screws over by 1" and reuse the same size scews.

jim97219

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 12:20:56 am »
What about a toggle bolt, molly screw or other hollow wall anchor? You might want to see if they're available in stainless steel.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 12:21:17 am by jim97219 »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 10:37:17 pm »
Ditto to hottubdan. The panel can be replaced, and the lifter repaired, Call your dealer.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 10:37:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42