What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Forgive me if we have covered this!  (Read 5765 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Forgive me if we have covered this!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2006, 06:28:32 pm »
So now that this rebate company is in bankruptcy has this scheme stopped?   Is this program going on anywhere else in the Hot tub industry?  I'm sure my local MS dealer would say he was never a part of it.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2006, 06:28:32 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2006, 08:00:18 am »
A while back, the local Master spa dealer had a huge add in the Sunday newspaper, and it did mention some type of rebate.  But that rebate hasn't appeared in the add for some time now.  The add is still out there- it's easy to notice, as it's always at least a quarter page.

Wouln'd suprise me if the principals of the bankrupt company formed a new company and started the same scam all over.  Sad that some people can't see a scam when it's right in front of them.  
Greed does funny things to people, on both sides of these "deals".

Brewman

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2006, 08:52:36 am »
Do any of you know "Craig The Spa Man"?

Yes,
I know Craig. His son is in the same class as my son.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2006, 11:33:55 am »
Fools, everyone of them, and they were told that to their faces when they were doing it by over 12 different dealers in the area, but they were all convinced that they were going to get their money back.  The more we tried to convince them, the more they believed it to be true and us to be sore loosers because we did not get their business.

Every single one of them got EXACTLY what they deserved.  The old adage about fools and their money certainly applies here.  To add insult to injury, they were overcharged on the spa to start with to cover the rebate.

Oh well, bet they won't visit that company when they go shopping for their next spa.....

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2006, 11:38:45 am »
And just to add....Any dealer on this forum who is or was associated in this scam at any level ought to be kicked in the crack!  Repeatedly.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006, 11:49:43 am »
So, what do you really think about it?

;)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 11:50:03 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 11:50:13 am »
I can't help but feel some compassion. You try to put faith in people and this is what they get. However, if other dealers were trying to "show people the light" as McD said, the suckers should have researched it better. What's that saying? "To good to be true?"

Like I said, I know Craig. My son has actually spent the night at his house. Albeit, a couple years ago.
There was a reason I didn't purchase a tub from this guy. Call it male intuition. If there is such a thing.

For what it's worth, my neighbor bought his tub (Down East) from him. They have actually been pretty good at taking care of him.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 11:50:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42