What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Envoy or Geneva  (Read 12780 times)

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
Re: Envoy or Geneva - Caldera Quality Concerns
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2006, 01:36:21 pm »
I have a Niagra and I've had nothing but problems. The thermostat went bad, the air valves got stuck either in an open or a close position, and now the top of the shell is cracking. Watkins is suppose to replace it and I am considering an Envoy. I will admit none of the HS have the same power like the Calderas, but I am really concerned with quality.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some problems. Where do you live? Who is your dealer? As for your conerns about quality, I can totally understand why you would fell that way, anybody would feel that way if they had problems with any product, but let me assure you, Caldera is not lower quality than HS, you must just be part of the smaller percentage of people that have a problem with a product. It can happen to anyone, the real deal is that you should get your problem fixed right away, but let me assure you that Caldera makes a great product, and if you do have a problem the onus is on the dealer to take care of you right away. If you have any other problems or questions please feel free to PM me.

As for Anne's comment, Watkins bought Caldera because of the "story" we had to sell, the hot tub circuit therapy and the jet performance. They then tried to incorporate much the of technolgy/plumbing that they got from buying Caldera into HS. I think as you see more and more new HS models, that they will all incorporate this technology. The Vista and Envoy were the first new models HS had come out with in awhile and I will say that they resemble a caldera more than they do a "traditional" HS line.

Also to address Chas's comments, there are a lot more HS dealers than there are Caldera dealers, so it is very coceivable that the Envoy will outsell the Geneva for many years......Until there are more dealers for Caldera. I think last I heard there were 800+ HS dealers and 250 Caldera dealers.....

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Envoy or Geneva - Caldera Quality Concerns
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2006, 01:36:21 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: Envoy or Geneva
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2006, 01:42:20 pm »
I believe Chas sells both HS and Caldera. Chas, are you selling more Envoys or Genevas this year? Just curious.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

sandiego

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2006, 01:44:58 pm »
I believe Chas sells both HS and Caldera. Chas, are you selling more Envoys or Genevas this year? Just curious.

Yeah but there is a difference, he's a HS dealer first a Caldera dealer second. You sell what you are most comfortable with. If I had both on the same floor, I would probably sell more Caldera's first, because I am more comfortable with them......

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2006, 03:12:38 pm »
Calderas are very nice spas and folks that own them generally seem to really like them.  We didn't have much luck selling them the first time around, but like sandiego said, we are HotSpring dealers first and we tend to stick with who brung us.  Who knows, we may be selling them again before too long. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

sandiego

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2006, 03:15:55 pm »
Calderas are very nice spas and folks that own them generally seem to really like them.  We didn't have much luck selling them the first time around, but like sandiego said, we are HotSpring dealers first and we tend to stick with who brung us.  Who knows, we may be selling them again before too long. :)

Terminator

Term-
If you ever sell them again, I'll teach you how to sell them. As long as you bribe me with alcohol, and put away your guns..... :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 03:16:26 pm by sandiego »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2006, 04:15:46 pm »

Term-
If you ever sell them again, I'll teach you how to sell them. As long as you bribe me with alcohol, and put away your guns..... :)

That's pretty much a deal, except for that Tomfoolery about putting away guns.  How in the hell is someone supposed to sell a spa unless their heeled?

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2006, 05:00:10 pm »
We still sell far more HS than Caldera.

The Caldera tubs DO have great jet action, no gettin' around it. And I like the fact that they have the outside lighting.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2006, 05:01:42 pm »
Yeah but there is a difference, he's a HS dealer first a Caldera dealer second. You sell what you are most comfortable with. If I had both on the same floor, I would probably sell more Caldera's first, because I am more comfortable with them......
Do I know you?
You're right, of course, but I just wonder if we have met?
PM me - I think I might owe you some money...

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2006, 07:37:09 pm »
"How in the hell is someone supposed to sell a spa unless their heeled? "

ROTFL!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2006, 07:37:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42