What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Overflowing Wet Tests!  (Read 6825 times)

J._McD

Re: Overflowing Wet Tests!
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2006, 11:19:42 am »
I want the customers to have a good time during the wet test.  If they're not having fun, they're not going to be very interested in owning one of my spas.

If they splash water on the floor, whoop de doo.  We have an epoxy rock floor in the mood room that is waterproof.  If they splash around in the spas on the deck, it just waters the weeds growing underneath it.

Now, if they have bratty little kids just splashing water out of the spa because their parents won't discipline them, I just tell them to stop doing that or they've got to get out.  Never had a problem.

Terminator

We all want them to have a good time, but there are limits.  

But in Texas, when term says "get out" with that display of weaponry, they listen. ;) ;D

Would you have any issues of concern, with children as they are, sometimes hyperactive and out of control, with the potential liability or risk of a slip and fall injury which is certainly possible.  How do you control unruly kids when the parents don't seem to notice their lack of control?  We have had to deal with this more often than not.  Offend the parent over their children, no sale.  

Your business owner will certainly be responsible and held accountable for any injury or accidents on the premisis, how does the boss feel about this liability? ???

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2006, 11:19:42 am »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2006, 12:09:23 pm »
Hmm, I always thought they were in the front.

I've got Hooter's around the corner and have been patiently waiting for that to happen to me!!!

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2006, 12:11:28 pm »
JMcD, I certainly am not saying that we have no fear of liability.  We all do nowadays.  I have told some kids to calm down, in a nice way, and they always have.  If the parents won't control them after I've let it be known I didn't approve of their behavior, they're free to buy a spa somewhere else.

My boss told me long ago "We don't want everybody who walks through that door to be our customer.  If they're a jackass now, they'll be jackasses for the duration.  Life's too short to cater to jackasses."

Albeit, some of the folks who started out acting like jackasses have become some of our best customers.  The key is to be firm, accomodating, consistent, respectful, and truthful.  Everything else takes care of it's self. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

anne

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2006, 01:13:34 pm »
A while back there was a post about wet testing not being legal, since there is a difference between operationg a public and a private pool or spa. I think the consensus was that if officials wanted or needed to, they could make a business comply, but that such action was unlikely to be worth anyone's time.  How does that factor in? In terms of liability and kids being supervised, etc. "No lifegurard on duty."
Dance like nobody's watching

J._McD

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2006, 04:26:50 pm »
A while back there was a post about wet testing not being legal, since there is a difference between operationg a public and a private pool or spa. I think the consensus was that if officials wanted or needed to, they could make a business comply, but that such action was unlikely to be worth anyone's time.  How does that factor in? In terms of liability and kids being supervised, etc. "No lifegurard on duty."

That wont really come up here in the forum, nor is it likely to come up in the showroom, as we all want to be accomodating, BUT it would certainly come up in court. :o ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2006, 04:52:22 pm »
Our county inspectors seem to understand the difference between public use and a one-time test soak. I have offered them - even put the invitation in the newspaper ads and radio ads - and never had a problem.

On the other hand, a local gym installed a beautiful new Sundance Maxus and the county shut them down. They had to take it out because it did not have all the right stuff to qualify as commercial.

A pool company came in, cut a hole in the slab and installed an octagon with remote pool equipment, proper skimmers, chlorine injectors, depth markings, lighting, hand rails and NSF-certified filtration. For about twice the price...
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2006, 07:01:25 pm »
re: went back to check on here, she was sitting in the spa naked, asking me where the divereter value was to control the "volcano jet" on the bottom.... She also asked me if I would join her in the...True story

OMG......thats funny!

That could be in a movie.....LOL

You guys really do run into the nuts.

:)

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2006, 07:48:58 pm »

You guys really do run into the nuts.

:)

Reread the original post.  I think he said it was a female.  ;D
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2006, 07:48:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42