What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Envoy or Geneva  (Read 12776 times)

seamoe

Envoy or Geneva
« on: May 14, 2006, 02:08:12 pm »
I have the change to buy either a 06 Geneva for $7300(steps, coverlifter and chems) or a 06 Envoy for $8500(steps and chems) My concern is that the Geneva dealer is going out of the hottub business and the Envoy dealer is local (the Geneva dealer is about an hour away from me)  I've done pelnty of research and don't see much of a difference between the two, with a few exceptions.  I am leaning to the Geneva. Does anyone see the issue of not having a dealer as a major problem or a concern? There are local dealers who would provide service in the event of a problem, both a Hot Springs dealer and a Beachcomber dealer.  Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Envoy or Geneva
« on: May 14, 2006, 02:08:12 pm »

Brookenstein

Re: Envoy or Geneva
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 02:21:35 pm »
Have you wet tested either spa?  I know someone on here has owned both spas and prefers the Geneva.  But it all comes down to personal preferance.  I would call Watkins on  Monday and ask them who would do your warranty work.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 02:22:25 pm »
I have the change to buy either a 06 Geneva for $7300(steps, coverlifter and chems) or a 06 Envoy for $8500(steps and chems) My concern is that the Geneva dealer is going out of the hottub business and the Envoy dealer is local (the Geneva dealer is about an hour away from me)  I've done pelnty of research and don't see much of a difference between the two, with a few exceptions.  I am leaning to the Geneva. Does anyone see the issue of not having a dealer as a major problem or a concern? There are local dealers who would provide service in the event of a problem, both a Hot Springs dealer and a Beachcomber dealer.  Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

When you say there are local dealers who can provide service, can they provide WARRANTY service?  Even under the warranty, what will they charge for travel fees?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 02:26:12 pm »
$7300 for a Geneva is ridiculous. In my opinion the Geneva is a better spa, especially if you wet test it. It has two 2.5hp pumps 47 jets and an air blower (w/10 air jets) vs. the Envoy which has two 2.0hp pumps and no air blower.

If you are torn wet test the two of them, but I'd be willing to wager that you'll prefer the Geneva and especailly at that price. You should jump all over it.

As for your concern about the dealer I would contact Watkins and ask them about it, I don't think it would be a problem, but that is definatley something that you want to take into consideration.

The Envoy is a great tub and I am sure that the dealer in your area is great, so you definately want to research that before you buy.

seamoe

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 02:37:50 pm »
About the warranty service, I am assuming that since they are both Watkins products, the local Hot Spring dealer would provide warranty service, however...   I have tested both and like the Geneva a little better, mostly due to the lounge seat (didn't really care for the motomass.) and the control panel inside the spa. I liked the filtration system on the Envoy better than the Geneva, but I doubt that will be my deciding factor. This will be my second tub (first one was a Gulf Coast Englewoood) and since I am spending twice as much, I want to make sure I do it right this time.  

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 03:36:31 pm »
A HotSpring dealer may not always service a Caldera spa, I know that we, my dealership, would most certainly not.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 10:40:00 pm »
We do not service Caldera under warranty
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 12:42:49 am »
HotSpring dealers do not handle Caldera warranty.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 08:25:02 am »
5 words, What The Market Will Bear. I know in my market, that is all I can get for a Geneva, the problem being the customers perception. "$7995 for that. It looks like every other tub I've ever looked at."

$7300 for a Geneva is ridiculous. In my opinion the Geneva is a better spa, especially if you wet test it. It has two 2.5hp pumps 47 jets and an air blower (w/10 air jets) vs. the Envoy which has two 2.0hp pumps and no air blower.

If you are torn wet test the two of them, but I'd be willing to wager that you'll prefer the Geneva and especailly at that price. You should jump all over it.

As for your concern about the dealer I would contact Watkins and ask them about it, I don't think it would be a problem, but that is definatley something that you want to take into consideration.

The Envoy is a great tub and I am sure that the dealer in your area is great, so you definately want to research that before you buy.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

greenhut

• 2005 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 10:10:06 am »
I wet tested both, and at the same approximate price, dramatically preferred the Geneva. Please search for my prior review on both.

Regards,
jeff

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006, 11:35:30 am »
I've owned both, prefer the Geneva, although the Envoy is nice too.  Not having a dealer would be a show stopper for me, though.  A great price is only going to last for a short time if the spa is broken and you can't get it fixed.

You might wish to call Watkins and ask them how they would handle warranty issues.  My guess is they would send out an independent repair person.  That might be OK, but talk to said repair person first to be sure you would get service if needed.

Bill

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 07:47:13 pm »
Our dealership will service any type of spa regardless of make or model.  This includes Caldera, D1, Sundance or any others.

Geneva is a good tub, as is the Envoy.  With your dealer for Caldera going out of business, find out if the HS dealer has any interest in opening up a Caldera dealership.

Biggest things b/w Caldera and HS IMO...

1) Control panel location if you're in a cold weather climate.

2) No bypass filtration on the Envoy PLUS dishwasher safe Tri-X filters.  You don't want to pull out the hoses in December.

3) Calderas are predominantly made in Mexico, while all Hot Springs are made in California.

But as the others have said- wet-test and see which one you like better.  If it's the Geneva, find out if the HS dealer would fulfill the warranty obligations.

Good luck and keep us posted.

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 08:46:34 pm »
Our dealership will service any type of spa regardless of make or model.  This includes Caldera, D1, Sundance or any others.

Geneva is a good tub, as is the Envoy.  With your dealer for Caldera going out of business, find out if the HS dealer has any interest in opening up a Caldera dealership.

Biggest things b/w Caldera and HS IMO...

1) Control panel location if you're in a cold weather climate.

2) No bypass filtration on the Envoy PLUS dishwasher safe Tri-X filters.  You don't want to pull out the hoses in December.

3) Calderas are predominantly made in Mexico, while all Hot Springs are made in California.

But as the others have said- wet-test and see which one you like better.  If it's the Geneva, find out if the HS dealer would fulfill the warranty obligations.

Good luck and keep us posted.

What's wrong with Caldera controls if in a cold weather climate? They are not on the side of the cabinet like a HS.

Also Caldera Spa "SHELLS" are made in Mexico, then they are taken up to Vista for plumbing. Anything wrong with that?

Maybe you should do some reasearch on the brands before you go out making broad generalizations about the tubs.

errin

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2006, 09:15:18 pm »
I just bought a Caldera tub a month ago and compared it to the hot springs line as well.. wet testing does make a difference.... and even dry sitting both tubs are a hugh difference.... Caldera won over comfort and powerful jets.... yes hot springs has no bypass filters ect. at 5 fiters x 84.00 each... just keep tub clean and be picky since you pay so much for hot water... love my caldera hot springs not all that great....

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 09:54:47 am »
This full filtration thing gets beaten to death in this forum doesn't it?  I noticed no difference in the filtration effectiveness of the Geneva (by pass filtration) and the Envoy (full filtration).  Both had sparkling clean water.    

Bill

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 09:54:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42