What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What should I expect in a spa showroom?  (Read 8106 times)

96SC

What should I expect in a spa showroom?
« on: May 18, 2006, 03:01:00 pm »
If I go into a spa dealer's showroom who carries L.A. Spas for example, how many differnt L.A. Spas should I expect to find on the sales floor, not necessarily filled.

L.A. Spas has several different models, if the dealer didn't have the model I am interested in should I expect them to get one just to let me do a wet soak and MAYBE buy it?

It sounds unreasonable to me, but I would like some input.  

What would a customer do who wants to try that particular model, travel 200 miles to the dealer who does have one on the floor?  That sounds unreasonable, too.
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Hot Tub Forum

What should I expect in a spa showroom?
« on: May 18, 2006, 03:01:00 pm »

Anoroc

Re: What should I expect in a spa showroom?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 03:25:51 pm »
When I was testing not all models were available for wet testing.  If they have one on the floor they may fill it for your if they beleive your are a serious buyer.

On the other hand, I sincerely doubt any dealer would simply order one just so that you can try it out.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 03:30:34 pm »
By all means ask. I've found this varies quite a bit from one dealer to the next, and may vary for any dealer from one day to another.   He may had just sold a floor unit of a particular model and already has it on order.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 03:38:44 pm »
I second the asking comment.  Asking to see the actual model up close or to even soak in one isn't unreasonable.  The dealer may or may not accomodate you, but the request is certainly within reason.
Brewman

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 04:02:38 pm »
When I bought my spa the dealer had the two I wanted to sit in empty.  He moved one of them to an outlet and filled them both so i could wet test.  Doesn't hurt to ask, they might do the same for you.

Anoroc

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 04:27:51 pm »
I second the asking comment.  Asking to see the actual model up close or to even soak in one isn't unreasonable.  The dealer may or may not accomodate you, but the request is certainly within reason.

There you go.  I guess there is nothing wrong with asking....

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 05:08:54 pm »
This is what you'll typically see at mine:

and some hot tubs.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 05:54:55 pm »
Ask if they offer a 30 guarantee. If you're serious about THAT particular model and after all your research, it offers you everything you think you want out of a spa, purchase it knowing you could return or exchange it within 30 days of receiving it.

Would I as a dealer bring one in from the factory without some serious commitment from you? Most likely not.

Steve

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 06:18:43 pm »
What would a customer do who wants to try that particular model, travel 200 miles to the dealer who does have one on the floor?  That sounds unreasonable, too.

If you feel that's asking too much here's a thought. If that other dealer has it wet I would definteily want to make the trip. It'd be worth the $30 or $40 in gas along with the time to be sure you're satisfied with this big purchase; it needs to be the right spa for the next 10+ yrs. Since your dealer can't accomodate your needs, I'd consider finding out what his BEST deal would be on that spa and when you're satisfied that you're getting a decent deal I'd add a proviso stating that if you travel to the other dealer and wet test/like it, you'll come back to him and buy if he'll throw in an additional $200 worth of chems/accessories for you having to spend time and money to go to the other showroom. If he would prefer instead to get the spa into his store and set it up let him and at least this way you'll know you gave him a viable alternative and won't have guilt if you do test it and decide it's not for you.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 06:35:38 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

J._McD

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 06:56:06 pm »
First of all, you can not sit in a picture.  

Secondly, a manufacturer may have 16 to 20 different models.  

Most all dealers are limited by space and put as many on the floor as they can, which also makes it difficult to "move" things around to accomodate wet testing several different models for several different people every other week.

Customers will usually select from what they see and sit in.  Some, and only a few at that, do actually wet test what they want to buy.  Best recommendation so far is to ASK.  

If you are interested in what is NOT on the floor and it is not a "mover" chances are, it is not coming in for you to sit in and MAYBE buy.  Chances are that the other distant dealer may not have it either.  

But this is where I will ask you, if you where that other distant dealer, would you move things around in advance into the wet test area for someone coming from that distance to wet test? ???

96SC

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 12:34:00 pm »
But this is where I will ask you, if you where that other distant dealer, would you move things around in advance into the wet test area for someone coming from that distance to wet test?

If I was a dealer 200 miles away I'd tell the customer to call the day before coming, to 'make sure we didn't sell the tub'    That way I would know for sure he/she was coming and if the tub was empty I could fill it (I'd probably siphon hot water from another tub), since heating a tub overnight, from what I have read here, isn't feasible.

Otherwise, I'd be very leary of a distant customer.
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 12:59:33 pm »
Our Jacuzzi and Caldera spas are delivered and hooked up all before 4 pm. All of those customers have the ability to sit in and enjoy their hot tub that night at 104 (if that's the temperature they like) that night. That is pretty much true of all brands. If their spa cannot get up to temp from 9 pm to 10 am, they are either on 110v or have a faulty 5kw heater. What isn't fesable is for a customer to call at 4pm and ask to do a wet test in a spa that isn't set up as a wet demo in an hour. With a days notice...what ever tub you want Mr. Buyer!

If I was a dealer 200 miles away I'd tell the customer to call the day before coming, to 'make sure we didn't sell the tub'    That way I would know for sure he/she was coming and if the tub was empty I could fill it (I'd probably siphon hot water from another tub), since heating a tub overnight, from what I have read here, isn't feasible.

Otherwise, I'd be very leary of a distant customer.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 03:23:20 pm »
Something that has not be addressed . While every good dealer will do all they can to accommodate you.. the reality of what you are asking a dealer to do...is to order a spa so you can see it and than maybe if you  like it enough... you will wet test it... while this in and of itself is really a bit of stretch for most dealers and again this is not about not wanting to do all you can for a customer but just about the real world and its practical side...  it will take in most cases from 2 to 6 weeks to get the spa in and in that time if you are out shopping and you come across something that works for you....I guess you can see where I am going...  That even if they really want to say YES to what you want and maybe I am wrong but I just do not see it happening very often for this simple reason alone..... most will have a hard time accepting that you will stop your shopping for the next 2 to 6 weeks that it takes to get  a spa for you to can look at it....
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 11:39:38 pm by Mendocino101 »

J._McD

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 05:31:32 pm »
Well said Mendo, It is hard to do everything for all, as dealers seem to bear the brunt of what consumers THINK we should, or can do.  

I think (now that is my opinion) for the most part, consumers do not appreciate or understand the efforts, sacrifices and REWARDS that dealers go through to be in this business.  Yeah, Yeah, I know, if I don't like it I can get out. ;D  What certainly seems simple to them in their way of thinking, seems reasonable to them, but costly to the dealer and more often than not, without any reward.  Just because they drive 200 miles doesn't mean they are going to buy, nor does it mean I would be willing do drive that distance to provide service free. ;)

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 10:52:07 pm »
If there is something you want, ask. If they can not deliver, then it's their loss. Not every dealer has the luxury of a 3000+sg.ft. showroom, with every spa model and filled too. I think every dealer would like to show every spa. We do. Not everyone is filled, but give me a day or two and I'll fill up to 5 spas of your choice. It's what we'll do to get you into the spa that's right for you. Ask.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 10:52:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42