What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pressure dropped after water change  (Read 2951 times)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Pressure dropped after water change
« on: May 19, 2006, 10:09:08 am »
Hello the industry folk.

I just had a gentleman in with a problem I have heard of before, but no one has ever given me a good explanation.

Someone has a new hot tub, changes the water, and feels that the pressure is significantly lower than before they changed the water.

In every case I have heard about (several different brands) the customers were using city water and had the issue after the first water change.

So dealers, techs, what could explain this? Is it all in the customers head?

Opinions please.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

Pressure dropped after water change
« on: May 19, 2006, 10:09:08 am »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Pressure dropped after water change
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 10:30:59 am »
In the past with this complaint, I've usually found it to be a jet that is not seated properly or either a gate valve that is closed or partially closed.

A water change itself (regadless of the source water) really has zero impact unless airlocked.

Steve

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 10:45:44 am »
Our experience has been , especially in the earlier months of ownership, while cleaning the spa, or wiping it down, they inadvertantly turn the face of the jets not realizing or remembering they can rotate and be turned off.  When they call and we ask if they checked the jets, it's telephone orientation time.

The second instance would be not changing or cleaning the filter and realizing the pump has an inability to draw maximum gpm through a clogged filter.  The Recommendation, take the filter out and check the pressure, usually they don't call back sometimes they do and even say thank you. ;)

Another scenario could be, while cleaning the spa, they removed the filter with the pump running.  We have removed a wide variety of items from the impellar which obviously were sucked in with the filter out, and of course that interferes with the aability of the pump to push water and impedes performance.

All three of the above are covered by the extended lifetime warranty. ;D

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 12:03:29 pm »
Our experience has been , especially in the earlier months of ownership, while cleaning the spa, or wiping it down, they inadvertantly turn the face of the jets not realizing or remembering they can rotate and be turned off.  When they call and we ask if they checked the jets, it's telephone orientation time.

The second instance would be not changing or cleaning the filter and realizing the pump has an inability to draw maximum gpm through a clogged filter.  The Recommendation, take the filter out and check the pressure, usually they don't call back sometimes they do and even say thank you. ;)

Another scenario could be, while cleaning the spa, they removed the filter with the pump running.  We have removed a wide variety of items from the impellar which obviously were sucked in with the filter out, and of course that interferes with the aability of the pump to push water and impedes performance.

All three of the above are covered by the extended lifetime warranty. ;D

agreed, it's usually one of those three problems.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 07:42:40 pm »
double ditto.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 10:51:41 am »
Gonna chime in even though I'm no professional - we too have often felt that our water pressure was somewhat lower after a water change and I began to wonder why.

I think it is because - after a refill, I typically put more water into the tub than what was there when I began to change it out (evaporation etc). With greater volume, the water pressure feels reduced even though nothing has changed.

Once the water level starts to drop-off over time, the jets seem more powerful.

Jc
How do you know how much you don't know?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 10:51:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42