What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just how often.......  (Read 10134 times)

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
Just how often.......
« on: May 18, 2006, 06:55:49 pm »
A recent post I placed prompted the following idea for this post.  Just how often does everyone use their hot tubs?  And, how many of you folks get in their tubs in their original Birthday Suites? (AKA ala natural) You see my wife and I have this on going battle over tub usage.  I like to go in at night when its dark ala natural, she prefers to go in fully suited and earlier in the evening.  We are on different schedules and she likes to go to bed about the time I want to go soak.  We end up using our beautiful 05 Sundance Maxxus very rarely because neither of us want to go in alone.  Yes East_Tx_Spa, your inquiry about tub usage started this dilemma. My wife now says the only reason I wait until dark is because of my bathing preference.  She is partially right.  My suit blows a huge air bubble and I float.  I prefer no bubbles.  My wife prefers being suited, it stems from a nasty incident with too much Kaluha, a nosy neighbor, and some great lingerie. Enough said and don't ask.  Please, everyone post this should b great.

Hot Tub Forum

Just how often.......
« on: May 18, 2006, 06:55:49 pm »

The_Big_Spa_Fairy

• A Spa is a happy place. A REAL happy place.
Re: Just how often.......
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 07:00:03 pm »
Alas, most Fairies float suited or not.

Have you ever tried to make a 'date' for the tub? Shoot for a time which works for both of you if you can. Could be on a Saturday night, or even early in the morning.

Privacy panels? Have fun -

Oh, and you might try a suit that breathes more and doesn't trap air. I understand that there are some nice looking crochet numbers available.
Don't be fooled by cheap imitators in green tights

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 07:08:30 pm »
4-5 nights a week el natuaral both of us, 10:30 - 11:00 the darker hours.

Females are more modest, (especially  :-[ after getting into a predicament like that) guys could care less who sees what, if they haven't seen it before they are not from this world.  Ladies on the other hand are more "modest" than guys, unless of course . . . well, some are not inhibited.

Ask her, what is there to fear, and the find a solution for that.  What a terrible waste of romance, going it alone. :-/

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 07:54:01 pm »
We use our tub 2-4 times per week.  Summer months may be a bit less because many other things are going on. We use it more in the winter months.

I like no suit but my wife wants a suit. We both at least like to go in at the same time 9-10 in the evening. We both like morning soaks also. When we go in during the day I will go in with a suit  and take it off when we start the jets.

Markus

• HS Vanguard 2005
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 08:28:50 pm »
We use our tub 7 days/week. Ala natural... everytime (it just feels so much better to be free). We wait 'till dark just incase someone visits and walks around the house to the back.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 08:29:51 pm »
If I waited for my wife to soak in the hottub with me, the tub would get used about 4 times per year.  She lives in Massachusetts and I live in Florida.  Job issues.  

Anyway, I go in mine any damn time I want in my birthday suit, but I prefer the evening just before bed.  If the neighbors don't like it they can quit rubber necking.  In fact, no one has ever said a word.  

Regards,

Bill

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 10:02:14 pm »
I use the tub 1 or 2 times a week and the wife doesn't use it at all. She's been in about 5 times during this past year.

I go in suited ... I have a 11 and 15 YO, my tub is under the kitchen window and my neighbor's window looks out onto my deck. It wasn't too bad until I put deck post lights up and now my deck is WELL lit. BUT I have gone in and de bathing suited while in the tub when the kids are asleep. I tend to go in about 9 to 9:45 - I find it wakes me up and then I stay up for another 2 hours.

I will admit it does get loanly out there but this is my "toy" so I try to use it. some nights I do have guilty feelings going in it as my wife does homework with my youngest.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 12:57:26 am »
Couple of times a week. Suited. I do tend to float. I will and do go in whenever my back tells me to no matter who else is getting in or already in.

Teenaged daughter and I enjoy soaking together - it often gives me a woderful glimpes into her world and her heart. She is very good at sharing the rest of the time, but any barriers are down in the tub.

My son has just come through a rough time, I expect to see him joining us more often in the near future. He's a bit older.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 07:33:47 am »
 My suit blows a huge air bubble and I float.

Buy a speedo and that won't happen. Now, as some can tell, I'm not a person who should be seen in public in a speedo, but its my backyard and if anyone looks, they get what they deserve.  We have a 22 year old daughter at home, when she isn't home, its no suits after dark. (When I get a corner privacy fence up it will be suitless more often)  But its suits on when she is home.  With our schedules, its hard to get all 3 of us together, but our best talking and catching up occurs during soak time.

You can't bait us and not spill the beans about the incident with the neighbor.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 07:38:53 am »
Anyway, I go in mine any damn time I want in my birthday suit, but I prefer the evening just before bed.  If the neighbors don't like it they can quit rubber necking.  In fact, no one has ever said a word.  

Regards,

Bill

I agree, I generally try to not do so if the neighbors on the one visible side are outside.  I did have on neighbor tell me, "My wife saw you getting in the hottub the other day"  He had no inflection in his voice, so there was no clue is he was saying, "She was disgusted, don't do it again, or she said, "Cool, do it more often  ;)" Judging from the fact that they pull thier shades when we use our tub, I'm guessing it was the former.   The people that lived there before them had a big screen tv in that room.  Of course she was a retired exotic dancer.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 09:04:56 am »
I use my tub 3-4 times a week.  My wife about 2 a month. (she prefers cold water. Me? I like being in hot water   ;)) unless I have a sore muscle, I soak at night. usually around 9:30.

We  will be using the tub less once the warm weather hits New England. But in the Winter....forget it, I could live in the hot tub!  We go 'au-natural' (even in the pool).  It actually feels strange and uncomfortable to be in the water with a damp/wet  suit.  And unlike other wifes...my wife has nooooo problems with modesty.   ;D "Honey. People are comming over for dinner, please put some clothes on!

"Why? "

« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 09:31:47 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 09:26:29 am »
Since you ask......

I use my tub about 3 times a week.

I prefer about 8-9PM on weeknights
and 10-11:30PM on weekends.

I say "2 Each His Own" but I never soak
"nekid" and don't think I ever would.

For me...I just have absolutely no desire
to be in my hot tub nude.

But hey...whatever floats your boat!

;)

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 09:47:41 am »
4 to 5 times a week.
In my suit (I have pulled my suit off in the tub, once)
I usually soak around 9PM
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 09:59:06 am »
Well now let's see.

I (that's ME) use it about 45-60 minutes each day. Mostly after I get home from work (about 20 minutes) and then again before I go to bed (about 30-40 minutes).

The kids seem to like using it for about 1 hour each week night, depending on how long they can last without engaging in "battle" (water wars, horse play, dunking, etc.) that generally ends in me having them get out.

On either Friday or Saturday night, I usually have a bunch of friends over and the "kid session" in the tub goes first, usually 2 HOURS, lasting from about 7 PM until 9 PM (not ALL kids at once). The "adult session" starts at around 10 PM and lasts another 2 HOURS, generally until after midnight. I don't know what gets more of a workout during the "adult session," my jet pumps or the blender making drinks...

A quick story -- my "across the street neighbor," I'll call him "R," loves coming and hanging with us when he can "escape" from his wife (she's 26, but likes to go to bed early). The other night a bunch of us were in the tub when we saw "R" sneak out from his bedroom, slide down his front rain gutter and join us for scotch and cohibas while sitting in the tub. Now, when you're drinking Glenlivet Single Malt (the 18 year old variety) and smoking Churchill's, I probably don't have to tell you it's an "acquired" taste. Especially when your sitting in 105 degree water.

Unfortunately, there was no telling his punk a$$ that...

So, about an hour later, he was looking a little "green." His 28 year old stamina seemed to be lacking. He just couldn't hang with the BIG dogs... My, my, my... (as the man says, I'm not as good as I once was, BUT I'm good ONCE as I ever was...)

When I last saw him he was leaning against a corner wall near my tub, mumbling something about "needing to get home." A friend of mine (bless him) was kind enough to "guide" him across the street to his house where he "discovered" he didn't bring his keys and had to ring the bell to wake his wife. Needless to say, she was NOT pleased. That was 3 weeks ago and I haven't seen him since.  Poor kid....   :P

So, 10 to 16 hours of use per week, generally with about 20 different people (or more) getting in each week, is about my norm now.

I need weekends from my weekends....

Drewski

8)

« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 10:03:15 am by Drewski »
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 10:13:57 am »
Drewski, too bad about the  young pup.   But he'll survice.

What water treatment do you use? you've got a lot of action in that tub and I'm curious what do you find works best for you?
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 10:13:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42