What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa check up  (Read 2874 times)

kufferaths

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Spa check up
« on: May 19, 2006, 02:00:47 am »
I have a Deminsion 1 Chairman II.  Last week I got a scrolling message that it was time for a spa check up.  What does that entail and how much does it cost?

Hot Tub Forum

Spa check up
« on: May 19, 2006, 02:00:47 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Spa check up
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 07:28:48 am »
Interesting, I'll be curious if we have any D1 people to explain this, what is needed, and what triggers the event.  I hope its not just a gimick for creating service business.

I think it was my 89 Plymouth Voyager that the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT would come on every 35000 miles and only the dealer could turn it off.  I called the dealer and he said, "Bring it in, we will find something to work on."  I resorted to black tape until I needed work done.

It should have been labled "CHECK WALLET"
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 07:29:17 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 08:22:32 am »
 I remember those car flags.  I think they were there to remind us to get certain emmission control work- like replacing oxygen sensors, etc..

Never heard of one on a spa.  Closest thing we have is the "Clean Filter" reminder lite that's on the control panel.  
Brewman

J._McD

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 08:53:09 am »
When was the last time any of us took the panels off for no other reason than to look for nothing?  It is preventive maintenence.  I don't think it said call for service or spend money, but that seems to be the first thought here. :-/

I find that most Hot Tubs are used a lot and ignored, even in water chemistry.  Not everything is obvious like a pump seal leak, bees, mice, or ants.  We commonly find signs of nature's nesting material that needs to be cleaned out and entry and exits attended to.  Things like these are simply symptoms not problems.  Left ignored, 6 months later later a $50 pump seal repair can turn into a $600 pump replacement. :'(

I suppose we could wait until the damage is done that will cost the money and then call for service.  But, a little ownership responsibility tends to keep things in tip top shape and it is better than neglect.

My car is constantly reminding me to change the oil every 5,000 miles.  I don't think that is a bad idea.  Some may choose to change it every 3,500 miles anb believe they take better care than others do.  Some may even neglect to check the oil and run into very expensive repairs.  Now, I know that doesn't happen very often though. ;)

I believe the message says take care of what you own and check it over once and a while.  Who knows what you will find, hopefully nothing.  I think it is a nice idea.

I would refer to the owners manual, because D1 is a pretty good piece of equipment, and is very consumer friendly, as a matter of fact, it even talks to you.  We just replaced a 2003 Grandee, talk about customer neglect, but at least the insurance company paid for it. ;D

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 08:58:00 am »
Best advice is to drain it and haul it down to the dealer to let them look at it. ;D

Hopefully it's nothing major....probably just need to replace the light bulb or something.  Be sure to save your water...it makes things a lot easier when you go to refill it.  ;D

Seriously, the owner's manual states:  "We recommend that you have your hot tub inspected by your dealer as a preventative maintenance measure."

You can push the button for 3 seconds and the message will go away.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 09:04:16 am »
Best advice is to drain it and haul it down to the dealer to let them look at it. ;D

Hopefully it's nothing major....probably just need to replace the light bulb or something.  Be sure to save your water...it makes things a lot easier when you go to refill it.  ;D

Seriously, the owner's manual states:  "We recommend that you have your hot tub inspected by your dealer as a preventative maintenance measure."

You have something like that too?

My 2005 has LED readout and it's not sophisticated. I like it since I don't need my glasses to see what's happening in the tub. LCD's are a pain IMO since I need to put glasses on ... :-/

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 09:07:07 am »
Sounds exactly like a sales gimmick a-la the car's check engine light that would come on after a pre-determined number of miles, regardless of the car's condition.

Sure, have the dealer come out...under warrenty. After all the factory is instructing you to have your spa checked.  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 10:18:21 am »
I know one brand where they are working on a simple credit card slot in the side of the spa. When the warning light comes on, you just insert your card and the light goes out. Assuming your card has room for the amount needed...

;D ;D ;D ;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 10:22:38 am »
and folks who have the idoit light come on in thier car, do some reseach on the net. Sometimes you can check the engine yourself by turning the ignition key in a certain pattern, the indicator light will flash a certain number of times giving you a code that you can check with a list (aslo on the net) for examaple: 3 flashes, pause - two flashes = 32  Error code 32 = bad  gonkulator  sensor.

Some cars you can also turn off the check light by sequencing the key (once again....internet for how to).

« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 10:23:17 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 10:22:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42