What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 1st water problem ever - cloudy water  (Read 2454 times)

jdheffer

1st water problem ever - cloudy water
« on: May 19, 2006, 10:05:42 am »
I have had my Epic since December with no water problems what's so ever.  Always cristal clear.  Three days ago I noticed the water looked a little cloudy.  I think I went 7-8 days without a shock, so I shocked that night and it is still cloudy.  

I just refilled the tub about four weeks ago and put in clean filters then.  I rinsed the filters yesterday and put in water clarifier and some metal/stain remover.  It have since gone through a couple clean cycles and it is still cloudy.

The water isn't brown, it almost has a blue / green tint to it.  PH is right on and Bromine is high from recent shock.

Do I just wait another day and see if the chemicals work?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!!

Here are a couple pics:

Hot Tub Forum

1st water problem ever - cloudy water
« on: May 19, 2006, 10:05:42 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: 1st water problem ever - cloudy water
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 10:09:00 am »
put in water clarifier and some metal/stain remover.  

You shouldn't add these two items on the same day.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 11:31:39 am »
I have had my Epic since December with no water problems what's so ever.  Always cristal clear.  Three days ago I noticed the water looked a little cloudy.  I think I went 7-8 days without a shock, so I shocked that night and it is still cloudy.  

I just refilled the tub about four weeks ago and put in clean filters then.  I rinsed the filters yesterday and put in water clarifier and some metal/stain remover.  It have since gone through a couple clean cycles and it is still cloudy.

The water isn't brown, it almost has a blue / green tint to it.  PH is right on and Bromine is high from recent shock.

Do I just wait another day and see if the chemicals work?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!!

Here are a couple pics:

Yours looks a lot like mine.  I'm going to drain and refill (it's time).

I think my cloudy water is a result of the water clarifier I put in.  I've rinsed and cleaned my filters, but it's still rather cloudy.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 11:31:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42