What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: spa prices  (Read 5983 times)

dswslp

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
spa prices
« on: May 18, 2006, 07:48:14 am »
Anyone else get the sense that when people report what they paid for their spa on these web sites they adjust the price down some to make everyone think they got a good deal.  It's like when my friends go to vegas and come back and report their winnings.  They always win.  I'm not a fisherman but i just realized how much fishing, spa buying and vegas have in common. they all involve impulses, foolishness, and sometimes regret.

Hot Tub Forum

spa prices
« on: May 18, 2006, 07:48:14 am »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: spa prices
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 08:05:18 am »
Wow, sorry to hear your experience was so bad. I for one have personaly many hundreds of customers that have bought a hot tub from me and not one has ever called with regretful feelings. Some have been irritated for varrious reasons. GFCI tripping, watchdog mode, flashing flo error messages, but that's why they have warranties. Regrets, I've had a few, but too few to mention....Naw.

Anyone else get the sense that when people report what they paid for their spa on these web sites they adjust the price down some to make everyone think they got a good deal.  It's like when my friends go to vegas and come back and report their winnings.  They always win.  I'm not a fisherman but i just realized how much fishing, spa buying and vegas have in common. they all involve impulses, foolishness, and sometimes regret.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 08:14:34 am »
I suppose people could be doing that.  
But also understand that prices on spas are all over the place, which is why it's relatively useless to ask what someone else paid in the first place.  
In many (most?) cases all it will do is frustrate the asker.  Especially if the person who posts the price they paid is fudging the number lower.  It may make the person asking the price question feel like they're getting "ripped off" or something.
 That's why I've refused to say what I paid for my spa when I bought it 3 years ago.

Brewman

dswslp

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 08:14:39 am »
Wisoki, I wasn't referring to myself.  I admire your track record.  I really don't feel like busting anyone's spa chops today buyers or sellers. Everyone have a good day.  dswslp

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 08:15:01 am »
maybe we should make it a requirement to post
the receipt of sale if one is going to brag
about what they paid for their spa?

;)

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 09:08:12 am »
No
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 10:18:44 am »
We originally went to the Artesian dealer to look at the Grand Cayman.  We got all the details and had lots of questions answered.  We asked about the Piper Glen sitting right next to it.  Seemed like a right nice spa, but was a couple thousand $$ difference.  We wondered why anyone would pay more for it, when the Grand Cayman seemed like a perfectly good spa to us.  Then.....we wet tested the Piper Glen and were in love!  We never even had to question whether we thought it was worth the price difference.  The only thing we questioned was whether we wanted to pay extra for the LED lights, which we decided "what the heck" since we were already over budget, why not go for it.  

We have never once questioned whether we paid too much for the spa.  We are SO EXCITED about it, that to us, it is worth every penny we have paid......and we don't even have the spa yet!!!!  

People are usually willing to pay for things that they value....even overpay from time to time.  

Thanks to reading this web site, I feel like I made a well informed decision on my tub.  I've heard only good things about Artesian and the Piper Glen.  I get a great feeling from the dealer.  Random customers that came into the store when we were there raved about them.  Customers who have the Piper Glen that I called also raved about them.  

I can't wait to be soaking in my tub every night and being grateful that I spent the money that I did on it.  Sometimes you say "It was expensive, but worth every penny and then some."  I think that's how we're going to feel about this tub!!!!!

anne

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 10:22:57 am »
I guess I'm naive, but I thought that the idea of posting was to give others a feeling for the range to expect when shopping, not to brag about the deal you got. Hmmm- never thought of it that way before. Guess I would have felt like an idiot if I said I paid $XXXX and someone here said "YOU GOT ROBBED." I did not post my price until asked, but then I gave the real answer.
Dance like nobody's watching

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 11:38:59 am »
I guess my own personal thought has been along the same lines but reversed.

I'm fairly well convinced that if you posted you just paid 12,500 for a grandee and delivery was extra and any other extras were at list price, several HS dealers would come along and say:

"That is a good price, it's about $1000 lower than what we sell it for."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 11:40:05 am by BK »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 12:13:24 pm »

I'm fairly well convinced that if you posted you just paid 12,500 for a grandee and delivery was extra and any other extras were at list price, several HS dealers would come along and say:

I know it is unprovable, but if Term sells for what he says he does, and I know what we sell for, there are, in fact, many times I see posts of Hot Spring prices that are about $1000 less than what some dealers sell them for.
;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 12:34:14 pm »

I know it is unprovable, but if Term sells for what he says he does, and I know what we sell for, there are, in fact, many times I see posts of Hot Spring prices that are about $1000 less than what some dealers sell them for.
 ;)

I'm sure that's true. There are also times where someone says they just purchased a XXXXX spa for $9000 and ask "is that a good deal". Some will see that and think to themselves "wow, that's kinda high" but y may not want to burst that person's bubble so you might say "that's fair" while others will avoid a direct answer and may simply say "congrats and enjoy" or just use silence to avoid having to answer the question altogether.

Let's face it, some peope have seen prices listed previously and when they buy they tell us mainly because they're confident it'll be met with agreement that its a good deal (a little ego stroking). It's interesting to see the prices but when someone comes after purchase just to proclaim what they've bought, what was included and so on and leaves the price out that's always met with a sincere "congrats and enjoy" response as we know the price is really just past history for that particular person.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 12:43:24 pm »
We originally went to the Artesian dealer to look at the Grand Cayman.  We got all the details and had lots of questions answered.  We asked about the Piper Glen sitting right next to it.  Seemed like a right nice spa, but was a couple thousand $$ difference.  We wondered why anyone would pay more for it, when the Grand Cayman seemed like a perfectly good spa to us.  Then.....we wet tested the Piper Glen and were in love!  We never even had to question whether we thought it was worth the price difference.  The only thing we questioned was whether we wanted to pay extra for the LED lights, which we decided "what the heck" since we were already over budget, why not go for it.  

We have never once questioned whether we paid too much for the spa.  We are SO EXCITED about it, that to us, it is worth every penny we have paid......and we don't even have the spa yet!!!!  

People are usually willing to pay for things that they value....even overpay from time to time.  

Thanks to reading this web site, I feel like I made a well informed decision on my tub.  I've heard only good things about Artesian and the Piper Glen.  I get a great feeling from the dealer.  Random customers that came into the store when we were there raved about them.  Customers who have the Piper Glen that I called also raved about them.  

I can't wait to be soaking in my tub every night and being grateful that I spent the money that I did on it.  Sometimes you say "It was expensive, but worth every penny and then some."  I think that's how we're going to feel about this tub!!!!!

I hope you didn't pay more than $8500 for the Piper, since that is what my dealer sells it for! ;) ;D

JUST KIDDING!! ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 12:56:22 pm »
I'm always truthful in what I paid for my spa, at least as far as my memory allows.   But I'm probably the only one with that model.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brookenstein

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 02:55:10 pm »
I've never said what I paid and never will.   ;D  I probably sold my soul to the devil to get mine, and I'm perfectly ok with that.

My point is... I think price posts are fine because they give people an idea of what spas are going for, but in my case I got a deal nobody could compete with so there was no point in mentioning the price.

Curious

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2006, 03:14:05 pm »

Classic!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2006, 03:14:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42