What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Not what we ordered!!  (Read 25104 times)

shabba34

Re: Not what we ordered!!
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2006, 01:58:58 pm »
I should have added that I've already been out once before after we delivered the spa.  She had screwed her water chemistry all up so I drove out to her house and spent some time going over everything again.  She already got her freebie.

Terminator
Yeah, but when you were done did you help get her water cleared up. ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2006, 01:58:58 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2006, 02:06:17 pm »
Yeah, but when you were done did you help get her water cleared up. ;D

Yep!  Now she just called back, said that whoever she talked to was rude to her.  I was shocked and asked what he said.

"He said that ya'll are busy and don't have anyone available right now.  I have a brown scumline (BaquaSpa) and I just don't know what to do.  If I'd known ya'll weren't going to come clean my spa when I needed it, I just probably wouldn't have bought it."

So, I talked to her a bit, told her to drain it, and I'd come out this weekend and help her.  That was fine with her.  I don't have to LIKE it, but I just have to DO it.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2006, 02:08:05 pm »
I guess I'm a bad dealer now.  A lady who bought an Envoy from us a year ago called and wanted us to come out, drain, clean, and refill her spa.

Sorry, TERM but that DON'T qualify...

Several years ago I was a suit working in City government (one of the reasons I needed a hot tub to begin with). One day a citizen called up complaining about our fire trucks. The man calling was complaining because the number "6" on Fire Engine 6 looked just like Mark Martin's "6" (for readers who don't know NASCAR, Mark Martin is a race car driver). He wanted to know who made the decision to use Mark Martin's "6" and why we weren't using another style like Jeff Gordon's.

I talked to this man for more than 10 minutes (I still have a recording of it), during which he got more and more pi$$ed off. Finally, he threatened to call the newspaper and "tell them all about it." When I provided him the name and direct telephone number of the reporter who covered public safety stories, he hung up on me.

There's nothing wrong with setting a REASONABLE standard and sticking to it.  Besides, no matter how much you try, satisfying UNREASONABLE people will generally NEVER happen.

I thought the suggestion you made with regard to Salty_Ag's original post was reasonable and would have made him happy. Too bad you don't sell HS in Virginia, because Artesian would have had one less customer....

Drewski

8)  
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2006, 02:16:21 pm »
So, I'll say it again...Dealers make the difference! ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2006, 02:43:20 pm »
Hey Term, Is she good looking? ;D ;D

About 25 years ago I was working at a house that was gutted and being remodeled. I was installing a security system. Ironically, an old high school buddy was there putting in central air. He warned us how much of a beeyootch this lady was.
Apparently, she made him and his company replace the entire A/C unit because it had a 2" scratch on it. It was to be placed in the crawl space. :o :o

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2006, 02:47:46 pm »

I like her!

She and I have always gotten along fabulously.  That's why I am not happy that she's not happy, so I'll take care of it.

Terminator
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 02:49:04 pm by East_TX_Spa »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2006, 02:49:43 pm »
Looks like the two of you go to the same barber.

;D ;D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2006, 03:02:32 pm »
That's why I am not happy that she's not happy, so I'll take care of it.
[/quote]
I believe you'd take of a customer even if you didn't like them, no?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2006, 03:07:16 pm »
I believe you'd take care of a customer even if you didn't like them, no?

Yep, one way or another. ;)

Terminator

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2006, 03:14:35 pm »

Yep, one way or another. ;)

Terminator

What a concept.

;)
07 Caldera Geneva

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2006, 03:23:38 pm »

you should have told her that 5 year warranty meant that she shouldn't have to change the water for 5 years and if she did, it would void the warranty.   ;D

I guess I'm a bad dealer now.  A lady who bought an Envoy from us a year ago called and wanted us to come out, drain, clean, and refill her spa.  I told her we'd be happy to do so for $100.

"I thought this thang had a five year warranty?"

"Yes ma'am, but that's not a warrantied issue."

"Well, it oughta be.  And just think, I was fixin' to recommend ya'll to some friends."

"I appreciate it.  And we'll be happy to come clean your spa, but it's going to take at least 2 hours and will cost $100."

"I think I need to talk to the owner."

"Here's his number.  Good luck."

Terminator

Artesian Island Grand Cayman

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2006, 03:27:00 pm »
Sorry, TERM but that DON'T qualify...

Several years ago I was a suit working in City government (one of the reasons I needed a hot tub to begin with). One day a citizen called up complaining about our fire trucks. The man calling was complaining because the number "6" on Fire Engine 6 looked just like Mark Martin's "6" (for readers who don't know NASCAR, Mark Martin is a race car driver). He wanted to know who made the decision to use Mark Martin's "6" and why we weren't using another style like Jeff Gordon's.

I talked to this man for more than 10 minutes (I still have a recording of it), during which he got more and more pi$$ed off. Finally, he threatened to call the newspaper and "tell them all about it." When I provided him the name and direct telephone number of the reporter who covered public safety stories, he hung up on me.

There's nothing wrong with setting a REASONABLE standard and sticking to it.  Besides, no matter how much you try, satisfying UNREASONABLE people will generally NEVER happen.

I thought the suggestion you made with regard to Salty_Ag's original post was reasonable and would have made him happy. Too bad you don't sell HS in Virginia, because Artesian would have had one less customer....

Drewski

8)  

I think I heard this same recording on the Howard Stern radio show.   ;D
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2006, 03:47:09 pm »
Not to try and 1-up you........  ;D

A buddy of mine who's an electrician got sued by a customer to rerun the romex wiring in a home addition. The compalint? The wiring wasn't running perfectly straight inside the walls........ You know the walls...... The ones covered with sheetrock.

About 25 years ago I was working at a house that was gutted and being remodeled. I was installing a security system. Ironically, an old high school buddy was there putting in central air. He warned us how much of a beeyootch this lady was.
Apparently, she made him and his company replace the entire A/C unit because it had a 2" scratch on it. It was to be placed in the crawl space. :o :o

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2006, 03:52:47 pm »
In high school working for and ice cream parlor, I had a customer return with his empty sundae cup. There was still some fudge on the bottom and demanded I give him more ice cream.

"Sir, it's not that I didn't give you too little ice cream, it's that i gave you extra fudge. Now please sit down, before my boss see's that and charges you extra for the fudge."

People are idoits (not your or I of course). It's how you react to them that makes the difference.  Your reaction is really the only thing you have any contol over. If you find yourself fighting with a lot of customers, I'd say it might be time to look in the mirror and realize that what you have been doing has not been working very well.

Of course, some folks get caught up on being right, and that's why you see a lot of folks with missing noses and spited faces.

::)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 03:54:07 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

shabba34

« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2006, 04:18:08 pm »
The Facts of Life :-

This is the story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody:  There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.  Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.  Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody's job.  Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realised that Everybody wouldn't do it.  It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody, when Nobody did what Anybody could of done.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2006, 04:18:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42