What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Not what we ordered!!  (Read 25105 times)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Not what we ordered!!
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2006, 08:34:16 pm »
<putting on heavy armor>... ;)

Ya know, I can't help but agree that every time something isn't perfect, everyone wants to be compensated. It all started with that lady who spilled hot coffee on her herself and then sued for compensation. Hey, I'm all for complete satisfaction and bending over backwards for our customers but...

The $150 offer was joke and I think we all agree on that. They tried getting off easy and it didn't work. They could have easily diffused the situation by fully disclosing what had happened and offered a loaner until your correct spa came in. No, the timeframe wasn't unrealistic unless there just happened to be one sitting at the factory in the exact model and color. We're in May people and the factories are at max right now with production.

It's irrelevant who made the mistake and more importantly, the consumer doesn't care. They just want their ******* spa! Move on... Look after them with a loaner and spend the next number of years making it up to them!

As for the rest of the posturing about any one company looking after their customers any better than another...I call BS and this overgeneralization of dealers and stereotyping them gets me right…here…. We're ALL wanting to look after the customer and EVERY manufacturer has a dealer network that includes people that are better than others at doing so! Show me a manufacturer that doesn’t want a great dealer that looks after their customers and I’ll show you one that USE to be in the hot tub business…

I have great respect for all of the opinions and I don't believe anyone here is against customer service. We don't have all the details but in the end, if the customer received a wrong spa and is expected to wait the standard shipping time again, it's just common sense they receive a loaner until it arrives. Anyone disagree? I didn't think so... ;)

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2006, 08:34:16 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2006, 09:06:32 am »
Sure. Customers who are unhappy are Shylocks

And dealers are mayters and victims?

Hey, you're the one implying this with pounds of flesh, burned at the stake....

Customers boo-boo's.....

honestly it comes across as very insulting. I understand both your positions, and for the most part can see your point, but your choice of words is pretty poor. As a dealers in a public forum, I'd think you'd hold yourself to a higher standard.

or not.

meh.  

Good luck.

:-/

But if a customer isn't sataisfied, then a good dealer would know how to difuse the situation.  Half the time, it's how you present the issue and the expectations that are set.  
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 09:08:33 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2006, 09:27:53 am »
My choice of words was poor? ???

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2006, 09:29:04 am »
My choice of words was poor? ???

Sorry Steve, no.

I was refereing to Drewski's Boo-boo comment.  And J_MdD's shylocks and burning at the stake references.

07 Caldera Geneva

shabba34

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2006, 12:01:16 pm »

Sorry Steve, no.

I was refereing to Drewski's Guzz's Boo-boo comment.  And J_MdD's shylocks and burning at the stake references.

;)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2006, 12:03:54 pm »
Thanks Pkud.

07 Caldera Geneva

shabba34

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2006, 12:06:31 pm »
Thanks Pkud.

;)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2006, 12:13:29 pm »
Sorry Steve, no.

I was refereing to Drewski's Boo-boo comment.  And J_MdD's shylocks and burning at the stake references.

Whew!  ;)

« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 12:14:44 pm by Steve »

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2006, 12:56:04 pm »
OK, J._McD, you got your say, now here's mine.

After Salty_Ag made his post a few people, including dealers, gave responses. Most were polite (including the one you posted), gave some insight and discussed the issue reasonably.  THEN, Guzz posted THIS:

Why is it that everybody has to be compensated these days if everything does not go exactly to plan. The dealer did nothing wrong here, why should he have to give you something to make your boo boo feel better. Look, your'e going to enjoy the spa for many many years to come, waiting a few weeks is not going to hurt you.

Anne responded by saying:

Youve got to be kidding- I dont think anyone is suggesting that he go postal on his dealer, but he DOES deserve some sort of compensation. Even if the dealer did nothing wrong, the dealer represents the company, who did apparently screw up, even if only in a fixable, temporary way. We've all been there- waiting for a tub, or any big purchase. Waiting a few extra weeks wont "hurt" him, but it does sour the anticipation that he's had building up, and he put a sizable amount of money down. Seems like the dealer providing a loaner tub for a few weeks would be extremely considerate in his part, make the customer happy, and take care of the problem. Guzz, I hope you are not in customer service.

To which, Guzz responded:

Why does he deserve compensation, thats what's wrong with our attitude these days, shi. happens, deal with it.[/u] Why should someone have to pay all the time... Give me a break!

After that wonderful post you said:

It certainly appears that there are more people wanting a pound of flesh and NOBODY, knows what has really happened and it also appears the judge and jury have decided the dealer should suffer the consequenses. IF Salty_Ag is that outraged then he should make his own decisions.  He really doesn't need little voices coaching him to go for the dealers throat or pocket.... ...I for one, will tell you that you're all making more than this dealer is.  The price has been stated.

Both you and Guzz were able to push all my buttons in the matter of only a few posts (I especially liked the part about all of US "making more than this dealer is"), so BAD ANDY sat down at the keyboard and posted my first reply. Then, you responded by saying (in part):

We are here to comment and respond if we so choose to, for others to judge us, or our response is unfortunate, and is similar to vigilante justice...  In midevil times, they were burned at the stake, just because they believed in something.

Now, SUDDENLY, you became the VICTIM?

J._McD, in case you didn't realize it, you seem to have a habbit of changing the "history" of a post. No one in this thread ever suggested "a pound of flesh" from the dealer, in fact it was Guzz who "ramped up" this entire subject. BUT, you went FURTHER and said "NOBODY knows what has really happened," obviously questioning the TRUTHFULLNESS of the original poster, followed by telling us that our "LITTLE VOICES" didn't need to coach him. By "LITTLE VOICES," did you mean the same sorry a$$ customers that allow you and Guzz to stay in business?

Now, in your latest post, stories abound of how good you take care of customers:

Drew, I have been dealer for going on 23 years and I have had a sign on my wall for every one of those years, "We Guarantee Your Satisfaction, Or Your Money Back".  

For anyone to suggest that Guzz or I may need a lesson in customer care is both ignorant and insulting.

Fault me if you may, but this thread seemed to have what I would call some anti dealer aggresssion suggesting that Salty_ag should get money or extras for his trouble, see what you can get, to cancel your order all of which seemed to be a bit hostile.  

This is simply MHO.  Because I voiced my opinion, I guess that is why you turned on me. ;D

AND, now I'm TURNING on you? PLEEEZE... That might have worked with your mom or dad when you were 5, it don't cut it here.

Like I said earlier, when you're RIGHT, you're RIGHT. I'll back you. But when you post this kind of CRAP, get ready for BAD ANDY...

You can have the last word....  ;)

Drewski

8)

P.S. I couldn't help but be reminded about a guy by the name of JIM when reading all of this...
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

J._McD

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2006, 01:29:56 pm »
                            ;) ;D :-*

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2006, 01:33:20 pm »
                           ;) ;D :-*

Does that count as the last "word"?  ???  ;)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2006, 01:46:18 pm »
I guess I'm a bad dealer now.  A lady who bought an Envoy from us a year ago called and wanted us to come out, drain, clean, and refill her spa.  I told her we'd be happy to do so for $100.

"I thought this thang had a five year warranty?"

"Yes ma'am, but that's not a warrantied issue."

"Well, it oughta be.  And just think, I was fixin' to recommend ya'll to some friends."

"I appreciate it.  And we'll be happy to come clean your spa, but it's going to take at least 2 hours and will cost $100."

"I think I need to talk to the owner."

"Here's his number.  Good luck."

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2006, 01:53:03 pm »
Try changing good luck to Have a nice day! ;)

I guess I'm a bad dealer now.  A lady who bought an Envoy from us a year ago called and wanted us to come out, drain, clean, and refill her spa.  I told her we'd be happy to do so for $100.

"I thought this thang had a five year warranty?"

"Yes ma'am, but that's not a warrantied issue."

"Well, it oughta be.  And just think, I was fixin' to recommend ya'll to some friends."

"I appreciate it.  And we'll be happy to come clean your spa, but it's going to take at least 2 hours and will cost $100."

Terminator

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2006, 01:57:06 pm »
I should have added that I've already been out once before after we delivered the spa.  She had screwed her water chemistry all up so I drove out to her house and spent some time going over everything again.  She already got her freebie.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2006, 01:57:51 pm »

Terminator

Yeah, and we all thought it was real cute that you gave her MY number.

Thanks a lot.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2006, 01:57:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42