What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: new jacuzzi line  (Read 17099 times)

christina

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
new jacuzzi line
« on: May 15, 2006, 06:39:16 pm »
We are first time spa buyers and are interested in the new Jacuzzi brand J470. Does any one have any experiences with that line or model??

Hot Tub Forum

new jacuzzi line
« on: May 15, 2006, 06:39:16 pm »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: new jacuzzi line
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 06:47:30 pm »
Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, that exact model is dominating sales in my store. All of the customers that have purchased that spa from us absolutly DIG IT THE MOST!
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 07:09:35 pm »
I looked one over, was impressed by the controls and the layout, it looked comfortable.  I didn't wet test as I was just window shopping while buying chemicals.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 08:28:16 pm »
Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, that exact model is dominating sales in my store. All of the customers that have purchased that spa from us absolutly DIG IT THE MOST!

I thought Jacuzzi wasn't the same as it was ... different pumps, controls, ... More of a Sundace with Jacuzzi jets and name plate.

Not trying to be funny, thought that's what has been said. Is this a different series?

Micah

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 08:52:29 pm »

I thought Jacuzzi wasn't the same as it was ... different pumps, controls, ... More of a Sundace with Jacuzzi jets and name plate.

Not trying to be funny, thought that's what has been said. Is this a different series?

Yes the Jacuzzi and sundance line are  similar in a couple ways... But the Jacuzzi 400 series is the flagship for the Jacuzzi corp. Better Construction.  Better / Updated filteration.  WAY BETTER JETS
To just call them a Sundance with better Jets and a nameplate dosent do them justice
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 09:52:01 pm »
OK, I went onto the Jacuzzi website and the 400 series is new and this series now is their top of the line ... I was thinking of the 300 series ... so the new 400 series IS a real Jacuzzi where the 300 series is a Sundanced Jacuzzi.

Micah

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 12:26:53 am »
I beg to differ with Micah. He is very biased in his opinion.  He sells the Jacuzzi.  I went in to a local Jacuzzi store and could not get what my 05 Sundance has on it in the new 06 Jacuzzi line. I agree in that it has a new look but that new look will cost you money. As in its cover.  New jets? Hows 20 some different jets. I mean how, what else can you do with water. Its mostly hype.

You got me!  ::)     Yep I have 2 stores that sell Jacuzzi.  
So Galen, what is it that you couldnt get on a jacuzzi that you got on a sundance?  
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 12:34:31 am by Micah »

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 02:41:28 am »
Micah, I won't try to insult your product knowledge on the Jacuzzi line.  I too thought the 300 was the top of the line when I went to the local dealer. I believe it was Feb. He had one model on the floor. After looking at the Jacuzzi website, I see that all options that are on the Sundance are on the Jacuzzi line. But when I went in and questioned the salesman, he said I could not get the options I wanted. I clearly see Jacuzzi has them now.I stand corrected. We have a Jacuzzi bathroom tub. Which  is nice.  I have no problem with their products. I know they are made at the same factory.  :)

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 09:32:48 am »
I looked one over, was impressed by the controls and the layout, it looked comfortable.  I didn't wet test as I was just window shopping while buying chemicals.

Hey Bill, where are you going for your chems in Columbus?

I have enjoyed my Jaccuzzi a lot. Not tons of jets, bells or whistles (I put my own LED light in it, unknowingly at great peril to my warranty  ::) ).
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 09:35:49 am by LtDan »

hymbaw

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 11:14:22 am »
But the Jacuzzi 400 series is the flagship for the Jacuzzi corp.[glb]Really? According to who, your Jacuzzi rep?[/glb] Better Construction. [glb]How so? Explain yourself.[/glb] Better / Updated filteration.[glb]Better/Updated over a 300 series[/glb]  WAY BETTER JETS [glb]Again, How so? Could that be nothing more than YOUR OPINION[/glb]
To just call them a Sundance with better Jets and a nameplate dosent do them justice
[glb]Nobody did![/glb]
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 11:42:48 am »
We are first time spa buyers and are interested in the new Jacuzzi brand J470. Does any one have any experiences with that line or model??

I own a J-355.  I've been to my dealer and saw a demo of the J-470.  It's very, very nice.

Big upgrade over their 300 series.  New stainless steel jets, no more push button air injectors (positive), new filtration, unbelievable sound system.

IMHO, Jacuzzi has always been mentioned with the "2nd tier" tubs, but the J-470 puts it in the first tier with Hot Springs, Marquis, Sundance.

Mark

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 11:52:52 am »
Yes the Jacuzzi and sundance line are  similar in a couple ways... But the Jacuzzi 400 series is the flagship for the Jacuzzi corp. Better Construction.  Better / Updated filteration.  WAY BETTER JETS

Hmm, sounds like pistols at 50 yards.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 12:26:01 pm »
Let me pose a question I can't seem to get an answer to from Jacuzzi, if I may. Then I'll sort of answer the question with what I think happened. Why did the name all of a sudden change from "Jacuzzi Premium" to Jacuzzi Hot Tubs? My guess...A bunch of Sundance dealers were whining about the word Premium being used in the name and probably losing sales.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 12:26:31 pm by Wisoki »
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Micah

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 12:38:51 pm »
[glb]Nobody did![/glb]

Hmbaw, I dont want to start a war, but I will answer your questions.  
1.  Who said that the 400 series was the flagship for the entire Jacuzzi Corp.  
 That would be Jonathan Clark (ex owner of Sundance and current V.P. of Jacuzzi operations in the U.S.) and Jerry Pasley (another V.P. that oversees Sundance)

2.  Better Jets
Thats not my opion but that of the American Medical Association!  You will not find any jet in a hospital or licenced therapy center unless it has the Jacuzzi Logo on it.  The patented 50% water 50% air ratio is considered the most theraputic Jets in the industry.  It is the only jet approved by the A.M.A.

3.Better Construction
This is the one area that sundance has something that Jacuzzi Dosen't    With sundance you get a beautiful wood frame that sits right on the concrete.  With the Jacuzzi 300 and 400 series you are stuck with that A.B.S. pan that protects the wood so it wont rot.  
O.K. you got that wood frame...You win! ::)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 12:39:32 pm »
The new 400 line does look nice.

The Jacuzzi deal breaker for me when I was shopping 2 years ago was the lack of places around the tub for setting drinkware.  With the importance of keeping hydrated while soaking, it seems that Jacuzzi would address this outside of purchasing bars that are exterior to the tub.  Now that I have a tub that is "tumbler friendly", I'm very happy that I put as much emphasis on this when making my decision.  Otherwise, Jacuzzi products deserve to be highly recommended.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 12:39:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42