What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi Accessory Issues  (Read 2860 times)

Duffman

Jacuzzi Accessory Issues
« on: May 15, 2006, 03:57:38 pm »
Many of you know I have a high opinion of Jacuzzi hot tubs. However, I want to share some issues I've had with their synthetic wood accessories; specifically ease of assembly and quality. For anyone looking at the hot tubs, just be wary of these accessories and know there are plenty of other options.

I purchased two of the stairs, a side-mounted bar, and two matching stools. Here's a picture: http://www.members.cox.net/duffman471/pics/TH_Backyard11.jpg

My main issues have been with the barstools and the bar.
  • When assembling the stools the dealer had trouble getting a finished product that was level (i.e., all four posts touching the ground) and that looked like a clean assembly. In the end the dealer came up with a solution that worked but the screws had to be drilled in from the outside on the legs. This resulted in the screw heads being visible where they aren't supposed to be
  • The problem with the bar is that the molding on the sides is starting to spread outward at the corners. This doesn't look good at all, especially for a product less then 6 months old

I don't have any issues with my dealer since he has been doing everything he can to quickly resolve these problems. It was acknowledged however, that similar issues have occured with other installs and that most of the synthetic wood accessories seem to have quality issues.  

Jacuzzi obviously needs to take a closer look at quality control with their accessories division. Had I known about these types of problems I wouldn't have bought the accessories and probably would have purchased real wood items.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 03:57:55 pm by Duffman »

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi Accessory Issues
« on: May 15, 2006, 03:57:38 pm »

Micah

Re: Jacuzzi Accessory Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 08:58:20 pm »
Duffman,
How long ago was that?  Jacuzzi stopped using a vendor for those stools about 2 months ago and my price almost doubled for stools...I must say the new ones are VERY VERY nice
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Duffman

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 09:08:11 am »
I purchased them with the hot tub back in December. If they indeed changed vendors for their accessories then that is a good sign Jacuzzi took some decisive action. I'll talk to my dealer about upgrading or outright replacing my accessories if the new ones are better.

Micah

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 09:21:44 pm »
If you need any help with part numbers let me know.
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 09:21:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42