What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Request Opinions  (Read 4132 times)

ptann

Request Opinions
« on: May 15, 2006, 07:39:56 am »
Hey everyone really great site I am really glad I found it.  I have been looking at tubs for a month now and have narrowed it down to 3 based primarily on comfort level with the local dealer.  I am making plans to wet test but feel almost at the coin flipping stage to make a desicion.
Pacific
Artesian
Catalina
Looking at the Mid range product line in each.
A couple of things we really like are salt water systems and a cool light package.  My wife and I are looking at this spa as an entertainment and relaxation sort of thing and want to have a party spa.
Anyone have any opinions? Flames?

Hot Tub Forum

Request Opinions
« on: May 15, 2006, 07:39:56 am »

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
Re: Request Opinions
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 09:44:51 am »
What is a salt water system? I've never heard of such a thing.

I own an Artesian and very much like it.  The Artesian Island Grand Cayman makes for a nice party tub.  It is very roomy with 8 seats.  

It met my needs quite well.  I have no opinions on the Pacific or Catalina (no local dealer).
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 10:20:07 am »
I have seen the expansion of salt water systems into the spa market. Know two things:

It has been around in swimming pools for over 25 years.

There is a reason it hasn't made the jump into spas in that 25 years - it doens't work as well in a small body of water at those kinds of temps.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 11:27:43 am »
I am making plans to wet test but feel almost at the coin flipping stage to make a desicion.
Pacific
Artesian
Catalina

If you really are torn between the three and the wet test does not solve anything I would

A) lean toward the dealer you feel most comfortable with, or,  
B) use the rock/paper/scissors method.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 04:07:07 pm »
I agree with Chas on the salt water systems. We sold them for about two years and had so many problems we ended up replacing them all with ozone systems.

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 04:24:50 pm »
I also have to chime in about salt water systems, in my experience I would STAY AWAY from them in a portable spa, the equipment gets damaged too often.

As for the brands you mentioned, I would definately say artesian is the best out of those brands.....

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 05:18:55 pm »
Of the three you mentioned, Artesian is the one.

Regards,

Bill

J._McD

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 05:51:13 pm »
It seems the concensus is Artesian Caymen, Dyna Bright Lighting, Ozone/circ. pump, AND NO SALT GENERATOR.  The quicker you place your order now, the quicker you will be in Hot Water and loving it. ;D

SD had a salt generator on it's upper line model the Maxxus and took it off the market for very good reasons.  Let us just consider the fact that it had something to do with warranty and service, I agree with all of the others, STAY AWAY FROM THE SALT, it's good advice.

salesdvl

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 06:32:53 pm »
Hey everyone really great site I am really glad I found it.  I have been looking at tubs for a month now and have narrowed it down to 3 based primarily on comfort level with the local dealer.  I am making plans to wet test but feel almost at the coin flipping stage to make a desicion.
Pacific
Artesian
Catalina
A couple of things we really like are salt water systems and a cool light package.  My wife and I are looking at this spa as an entertainment and relaxation sort of thing and want to have a party spa.
Anyone have any opinions? Flames?

I used to sell Artesian and would recomend them.  Catalina would get a thumbs down and I've never heard of the Pacific.
Measure once, cut twice.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 07:26:33 pm »
Artesian of those three.

Salt generators are bad news.  I don't like them in pools because of the service aspect of the cells down the line (Gold Coast units or none at all if you absolutely have to have a SG).

Anyone remember "Bioquest?"

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 07:26:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42