What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HELP!! Gulf Coast Spas?  (Read 4108 times)

MrR

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
HELP!! Gulf Coast Spas?
« on: May 13, 2006, 03:19:00 pm »
HI all,

Has anyone heard of Gulf Coast Spas? How do the "rate"?

Thanks guys!!

Hot Tub Forum

HELP!! Gulf Coast Spas?
« on: May 13, 2006, 03:19:00 pm »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: HELP!! Gulf Coast Spas?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 03:22:39 pm »
Go to the search section of this site and you'll get PLENTY of info. Probably not a good choice.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

MrR

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 03:31:18 pm »
GREAT SUGGESTION..Thanks for preventing a "nightmare"!!

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 07:43:28 pm »
If it was of help, I'm glad. I'm sure there are plenty of dealers in your area that sell the brands you hear about on here the most. Not that small market manufacturers are bad, but in the past 50 years of this industry, over 300 "manufacturers" have closed their doors. Not a risk I'd be willing to take at any dollar figure.

GREAT SUGGESTION..Thanks for preventing a "nightmare"!!

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

dswslp

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 12:51:51 pm »
I've had the XL 1100 for alittle over 2 months and love it.  It has alot too offer for a less expensive spa.   The 1100 is solid with plenty of power, filtration, ozone, and jets.  I recently took my savings from purchasing the XL over a more expensive spa and took my family of four on a cruise.   The xl is alot of spa for 5 to 6 thousand dollars good luck dswslp

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 01:53:21 pm »
I would stay away from them as well, go with one of the major brands, find the best dealer in your area see which one fits you best, but don't go cheap, or if you do at least go with Costco......

seamoe

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 02:59:21 pm »
I recently sold my Englewood 05 model. I had several issues with the tub.  The first time I used it my wanterfall valve flew off and water shot all over the place. Used the 24 hr tech service and was told nothing I didn't already know from Looking at the website tech support page.  When you call them for service this is what they do, so you are pretty much wasting your time calling them when you can look it up yourself.  I had it over a year and never used the waterfall because of this.  They would not fix it when asked. Be prepared to stain it, the sun will fade the redwood and plan on at least twice a year.  Depending on where you live, you may consider buying additional insulation for the tub. I live in Northern WI and had temps last winter in the area of -50, (no Im not kidding) and found that my electric bill was somewhat high.  Additional foil insulation can be bought at your local Menards or a Home Depot and would probably be a good investment. And the last problem I had was I was always gettng error codes (blinking lights) on my control panel.  Was told this was a pressure switch problem which they would talk me through and would have to do it my self.  On a positive note, I did find the tub very comfortable, easy to maintain, and had good jets and so on.  However, doing it again, I would not buy another Gulf Coast.  Do research these sites and take your time in your decision.  I have been doing research almost daily for seveal months, have looked at almost 20 different brands, and have narrowed my decision to two spas.  You may spend a little more up front for a quality spa, but considering the possible headaches you may face with a Gulf Coast, it would be worth it.

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 03:16:02 pm »
I see a pattern here, "Run Forrest, run..."

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 03:16:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42