What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: leisure time product  (Read 2782 times)

blakley33

• skin to win...in my tub!
leisure time product
« on: May 13, 2006, 11:07:50 am »
Does anybody use Oz. I have Spa 56 wich is the Dichlor and Oz. What does the Oz do and how should I use it.
When we got our tub the person who deliverd our tub said to use 1 cap full of spa 56 per week and 3 1 inch tabs of Oz. Then before every use put in 1 tab of Oz about 5 min before getting into tub. We have a tub that is about 450-500 gallons and has ozone and N2.
I have found that I am putting a cap full of spa 56 in about every other day. We are using the tub alot and after our first month of use I already drained water due to dirty water and foam.
Just curious on the process I should be using with those two chemicals.
Thanks for any info.

Blakley33

Hot Tub Forum

leisure time product
« on: May 13, 2006, 11:07:50 am »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
Re: leisure time product
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 12:13:42 pm »
Remember, it's typical to have to drain the spa within the first month of new spa ownership.
Sounds as though you're proceeding properly. Some others surely will chime in.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 12:51:00 pm »
Yes, as poolboy just typed, it is perfectly normal to have to drain and refill the tub near the end of the very first month of ownership.

'Oz' is a non-chlorine shock or oxidizer. You will see people around here refer to that type of chem as 'shock,' 'mps,' 'oxidizer,' and other things along that line.

It doesn't take the place of chlorine, but it oxidizes the organic junk in the water, working in tandem with the ozone and the N2, giving the chlorine much less to do. As a result, you can get by with much less chlorine and still have a safe tub.

It sounds like you are doing things right - there are other products available which will do about the same. If you like LT - and it's as good a brand as any - you may want to try "Renew." That's pretty much the same as Oz but in a powdered form. You can add more or less that way, as needed.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 12:51:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42