What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Welcome the newest memeber to the dichlor family  (Read 3941 times)

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
Welcome the newest memeber to the dichlor family
« on: May 11, 2006, 12:56:21 pm »
Well as of being tired of the soft soak and the waterline that couldn't go away or be washed.  I made the plunge to dichlor.  Drained, cleaned, new filter and am happy to say no waterline after my first treatment with dichlor.  Considered bromine but thought I'd gove dichlor a shot.  Thanks to all who post so I could research and learn how to properly manage my water.  I will be testing the new water tonight and am very excited.  I went Ozone, Nature 2 and dichlor.

Hot Tub Forum

Welcome the newest memeber to the dichlor family
« on: May 11, 2006, 12:56:21 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Welcome the newest memeber to the dichlor fami
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 12:59:50 pm »
Well as of being tired of the soft soak and the waterline that couldn't go away or be washed.  I made the plunge to dichlor.  Drained, cleaned, new filter and am happy to say no waterline after my first treatment with dichlor.  Considered bromine but thought I'd gove dichlor a shot.  Thanks to all who post so I could research and learn how to properly manage my water.  I will be testing the new water tonight and am very excited.  I went Ozone, Nature 2 and dichlor.

Good luck. I hope you'll keep us updated as you use your tub. This is topic that gets tossed around quite a bit, and your experiences will be of real value.    :D
07 Caldera Geneva

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 03:24:19 pm »
<In my best James Earl Jones voice>
Welcome to the dichlor side, my young warrior.  Feel the power of dichlor as it anihilates the invaders.  You, too, will now be as powerful as myself...... 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 03:41:45 pm »
It is a good and easy way to care for your water. The frog mineral also works with DiChlor as well as Bromine and is a alternative to N-2.

RPG

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 04:08:56 pm »
<In my best James Earl Jones voice>Welcome to the dichlor side, my young warrior.  Feel the power of dichlor as it anihilates the invaders.  You, too, will now be as powerful as myself...... 8)

<In my best Strawberry Shortcake voice>
The neverending battle between Darth Chlorine, O Bromine Wan Kenobi, and Emperor Biguanicide goes on!

The Spa Fairy

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 04:31:38 pm »
What's the difference between the frog and nature 2?  Is one preferred to the other?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 04:49:08 pm »

The neverending battle between Darth Chlorine, O Bromine Wan Kenobi, and Emperor Biguanicide goes on!

The Spa Fairy

Let's be real here. I know the Spa Frog resembles Yoda a bit but bromine is definitely on the dark side, not chlorine!!!!!!!!! In fact, I think it was the smell of bromine that made Emperor Palpatine's face so hideous.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 12:22:37 am »
I'm sure you'll like it DoubleA. Did you read the Vermonter FAQ? What part of the country are you in?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 12:28:23 am »
Yea I read the Vermonter method.  That's what I'm trying right now and if it keeps going this well it's what I'll stay with.  I'm from the Midwest with hot summers and cold winters.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 02:26:05 am »

The Spa Fairy

Holy moly, even the mice are big in Texas.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

luvmytub

• Just a completely ingnorant newbie owner, 05 Envoy
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 11:25:04 am »
I'm hoping to do a drain and refill Sunday, if everything goes as planned.  Last weekend was raining.  I am using Bromine now, but I think we will switch to Dichlor, and give it a whirl.  This will be my first drain and refill.  Hope it goes well!
Go Bobby Labonte!  #43...Let's go racin'!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 02:06:54 pm »
What's the difference between the frog and nature 2?  Is one preferred to the other?

They are both silver based minerals but the frog grinds them finer and it is my understanding that this is why they can be used with both bromine or dichlor. It seems there is a misconception that you can use the frog only with the frog bromine cartridge and this is not accurate you can use it exactly in the same way you use N-2.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 01:40:03 pm by Mendocino101 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 02:06:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42