What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Have you ever been called a D#$%&@ before?  (Read 6952 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Have you ever been called a D#$%&@ before?
« on: May 10, 2006, 11:03:44 pm »
As some of you know by now, I'm obsessed with spas. Even though I already own a great spa, I find myself looking around at the other spa dealerships in my area for some reason. I don't waste their time with stupid questions or wet testing etc. I usually just browse on my own in a friendly way.

Last week, I was shopping for something else and happened to see a spa store in a strip mall. I went in to look around for a few minutes. It was a local brand that most of us wouldn't be interested in. Anyway, the salesman (owner) asked if he could help me and I told him "thanks, but I was just looking around". He smiled and said, "I can spot them a mile away". "Huh, I said". He said "I can spot a Hotspring dealer a mile away".  I laughed and told him that I was really just a consumer looking around. He ignored me for the rest of the visit. I'm not sure if this was a complement or not?

Have you every been called a "Dealer" before? :o
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

Have you ever been called a D#$%&@ before?
« on: May 10, 2006, 11:03:44 pm »

anne

Re: Have you ever been called a D#$%&@ before?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 03:18:23 am »
that is hilarious. You must have an aura of spa knowledge, and that guy sounds paranoid.
Dance like nobody's watching

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 08:02:52 am »
I've been accused of being a dealer before, but never for hottubs.

;D
How do you know how much you don't know?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 08:55:14 am »
I think it speaks volumes about the dealer of the store you visited.  

Place this expereince next to Term's (who is a hotspring dealer) expereince of being shopped by the competition and it  I think it's a great illustratin of the individuals personality and the proffesionlism that each dealership embraces.  That's not to say there are no bad Hotsprings dealers, it just seems to me that some companies ( in all industries) that  seem to place a higher priority on customer service, and you can see that extending down through out all the employees and reflected in the way they treat eachother and others.

:)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 09:11:08 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 09:05:05 am »
I wonder if people sometimes think this, as I do the same, but I do I do it simply of curiousity and to help me moderate this forum.  I'll frequently tell the salesguy that I moderate this forum and wanted to keep current on my knowledge of his line.  

Its usually met with interest and friendliness. I've even found some of our local dealers hang out here on occasion.  Frequently they want to talk to me and explain their world.  And as someone said in another thread, I always back out of the way when a legitimate customer comes in.  

I'm usually around in a slow time, so frequently I'm a pleasant diversion.   It also gives me a chance to see who carries what chemical and accesory line, and find the best deals in town.

I've found that the Sundance Dealer is the only one carrying the brand of filter cleaner I like, Hot Springs has the best deal on Chlorine and the Master dealer had the best on MPS, till I tried a brand from Doc that I like better.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 11:09:26 am »
In this little community, we all know who we all are, so if somebody is going to shop you, they need to hire a professional shoper, or more comonly known as a private detective. We employ them but mostly for ourselvs, so we can get an idea of what an outsiders perception of our attitude, professionalisim and enthusiasm is. The sales person is given a copy of the report and we all review it together. You may think your doing just fine untill you have yourself shopped!
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 11:13:30 am »
Have you every been called a "Dealer" before? :o

Not since college.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 03:41:35 pm »
He said the "D" word....oh, my!  And not just any ol' "D" word but the "HSD" words!  Them's fightin' words 'round here!
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

RPG

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 03:47:31 pm »

Dear Boy, you should have simply laughed and said "No Sweetie, I am a HotSpring Spa OWNER."

He would have probably then called you something much worse, but it would have been from envy.

Tub loving wishes and pootnanny dreams....

The Spa Fairy

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 04:00:42 pm »
I take it as a compliment or an ego boost when my competition shops us. I think it says we're selling spas and shaking them up. ;)

I don't have anything to hide and it's company policy not to bash the competition, whoever they may be at the time.

We haven't shopped anyone in years, but we hear from our new customers who shopped around, that one of our competitors bashes us on a regular basis.

Why can't we all just be friends ;D ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 04:44:34 pm »
IWe haven't shopped anyone in years, but we hear from our new customers who shopped around, that one of our competitors bashes us on a regular basis.

Why can't we all just be friends ;D ;D

What do they say, "Ohh, you don't want to deal with them, there from SOUTH Dakota! ;)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 06:59:04 pm »
NORTH Dakota!!!!

They really ARE two different states.... >:( ;D ;D

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 02:09:08 am »
Happens to me all the time.

I think it's the shirt.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

J._McD

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 08:50:59 am »
There is an aurora or a sixth sense that you have that picks up on body language and mannerism.  Then again some will call it paranoia.

You browse, you look at specific things, you ask "non-consumer questions", or specific industry questions or terms, depending on your purpose of shopping they ask or lead in to certain conversations.

This guy is not a poker player, he blew his hand and he was wrong.  Over 22 years we have been shopped and it is particulaly disappointing when it is done in a show environment were they take up to an hour of your time, so it is good to smoke them out.

When you ask their name and address it is amazing how many people do not know what the "local" zip codes are, Bingo.  When I get their phone number, I pass it along and a call is made asking for the person, wrong number, Bingo.  Then you go for the close, they're gone real quick then and you usually see them working the competitors booth.

I would suppose everyone here has done it before, but knowing what they know now, they would probably find it to be a waste of time unless there is a specific purpose.  Most of us are recognized too easily.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 09:47:07 am »
There is an aurora or a sixth sense that you have that picks up on body language and mannerism.  Then again some will call it paranoia.

You browse, you look at specific things, you ask "non-consumer questions", or specific industry questions or terms, depending on your purpose of shopping they ask or lead in to certain conversations.

This guy is not a poker player, he blew his hand and he was wrong.  Over 22 years we have been shopped and it is particulaly disappointing when it is done in a show environment were they take up to an hour of your time, so it is good to smoke them out.

When you ask their name and address it is amazing how many people do not know what the "local" zip codes are, Bingo.  When I get their phone number, I pass it along and a call is made asking for the person, wrong number, Bingo.  Then you go for the close, they're gone real quick then and you usually see them working the competitors booth.

I would suppose everyone here has done it before, but knowing what they know now, they would probably find it to be a waste of time unless there is a specific purpose.  Most of us are recognized too easily.

Pass the phone number to a helper. Type it in Google. The name, address and will pop up.  you'll know in 5 seconds if they are legite.  8)
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 09:47:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42