What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Lost in filtration  (Read 20131 times)

salesdvl

Re: Lost in filtration
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2006, 09:42:17 pm »
Back to the original question.  I owned a Caldera Geneva Utopia and I liked it better than my present HotSpring Envoy. I did not notice any appreciable difference in filtration between to two and would not let such a nebulous feature sway my decision one iota.  If you wet tested them both and you like the Caldera better, what are you waiting for?

Now with resect to nasty well water or other hard stuff that is not potable, the solution is to pre-filter the water.   Unfortunately, the prefilter shown in this thread, and I own and use one of these myself, is probably not an adequate answer for very bad well water.  There is a commercial multiple-bank, carbon based filtration system that really is the answer.  These are used by companies that fill pools and spas in hard water areas.  Here is South Florida, people on wells use this service for their pools and spas and the price is very nominal to have the company come out and fill your unit through their filtration system.  I am thinking $30 or so for a pool.

Regards,

Bill

Ya gotta apprectiate a post that includes "appreciable", "nebulous", & "iota" all in the same sentence.  ;)  

I know who my "Phone a Friend" is gonna be.  ;)  
Good Show Ole Boy!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 09:51:16 am by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Lost in filtration
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2006, 09:42:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42