What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2 month review  (Read 3200 times)

anne

2 month review
« on: May 11, 2006, 02:50:15 pm »
I have had my Arctic Summit Legend for almost 2 months. Overall, LOVIN’ the whole experience. Here are a few specific things I’d say after 2 months of spatopia:

The tub

Pro:
1)seating:
Extremely comfortable seating, nice depth of seats, and variable depths for different heights of users and for sometimes wanting to be more ”submersed” than other times. One seat has me up to the base of my head in water, while another allows for my shoulders to be out a bit, with arm rests either in or out of the water. I love this for when I still want to be all the way in the water but need to cool off a bit. The true cool-down seat is fine too, but I don’t use it much. Each “captains” chair (there are 3) has a different jet arrangement. 2 of them are much nicer for me that the third, but the variety is great, and each seat’s jets targets different areas really well.
2) jets:
all are comfortable, powerful and the small ones are not itchy, as I found in other models wet testing. The volcano jet is nicely powerful for feet, but see the comment below. The way the diverters and seats are arranged is very nice, in that all three captains chairs can be fully therapeutic at once. It is even better with just 1-2 people at once.
3)maintenance, etc:
Control panel is very simple, cover is heavy but very effective. I assume ozonator is contributing well to my water quality- regardless, it smells great. Love the cedar cabinet. Tub is very easy to drain, and I have no issues of puddled water left over that others have described. I think most water problems I have had have been newbie-itis induced, but see comments below.
4)company and dealer issues:
Dispite the problems I have had with dealer follow through and his lack of assistance with water care, I have been VERY happy with Arctic and its customer service department.  I’ll detail that story later in a different thread.

Con:
1)seating:
The pseudo-lounger is not useful as a real lounge, but I have not missed having one. One of the seats is shaped such that I tend to slide in it, unless I’m very conscious of good posture (which I am not while in the tub). The foot jets are too far away from the seat they are intended for, but I have to take into consideration that I’m shorter than your average person, so that is not really a fault of the tub, just not something ideal for me.
2)jets:
My only criticism is that the volcano jet, which I love for my feet, is placed central to several of the seats, but not ideal to any one seat, so using it is never “perfect.” I have had a manufacturing issue with the jet nozzles falling out (this has been a topic of an old thread), but that should be resolved (see below).
3)maintenance, etc:
I have had some filtration issues due to my accidental abuse of the micropure filter, and I’m not sure I’m that impressed with micropure for my needs, but my only water quality problems have been due to inexperience, and I’m working it out.
4) company and dealer issues:
My dealer has been a bit of a disappointment, even though he has been very nice and seems to want to be helpful, I felt a bit let down. As said above, Arctic has come through for me, and I’m satisfied with their service. See the other thread for details, if you want, as this already is too long for anyone to have to swim through!

Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

2 month review
« on: May 11, 2006, 02:50:15 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: 2 month review
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 03:01:41 pm »
Although I didn't wet test my spa, I truely believe that owning it is the only true way of knowing if it's truely good for you. And I don't think anything will be 100% perfect.

Since overall you'e happy and whatever problems you've had are being resolved - it turns out to be a great tubbing experience for you.

Unfortunately, Arctic wasn't a tub I saw since there wasn't a dealer around me back then ... from what it sounds like they were over my budget but I would have liked to see them ... Maybe next time!

It's great being in spatopia!!!

RPG

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 03:11:57 pm »

That is wonderful to hear that you are happy with your spa!  And thank you for taking the time to share this information with the wonderful people on this forum.

I might (if I may be so bold) also suggest that you add your review to the Review section of the forum so that it is preserved for generations yet to come. :)

Hot water wishes and volcanic jet eruption dreams....

The Spa Fairy

anne

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 05:17:45 pm »

I'll be sure to do that- good idea and.....

ew?

;D
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 05:17:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42