What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Loud Jet Pump 1 on showroom Hot Spring  (Read 8392 times)

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
Loud Jet Pump 1 on showroom Hot Spring
« on: May 08, 2006, 05:12:03 pm »
Just a quick question- possibly for East_TX_Spa or some of the other HS dealers here.

We've got a showroom Envoy that has a first jet pump that turns on louder than the second one when initiated.  Hard to show someone the soothing Moto-Massage when you can't even hear the SpAudio going.

Service department is inundated and short-staffed, so I thought if it were something common that I could fix myself I'd just do it.  I may take the cover off and snap a picture.

Hot Tub Forum

Loud Jet Pump 1 on showroom Hot Spring
« on: May 08, 2006, 05:12:03 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Loud Jet Pump 1 on showroom Hot Spring
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 05:14:35 pm »
Just a quick question- possibly for East_TX_Spa or some of the other HS dealers here.

We've got a showroom Envoy that has a first jet pump that turns on louder than the second one when initiated.  Hard to show someone the soothing Moto-Massage when you can't even hear the SpAudio going.

Service department is inundated and short-staffed, so I thought if it were something common that I could fix myself I'd just do it.  I may take the cover off and snap a picture.

The official Mothership answer is, "I've never heard of anything like that!   ;)

Hire another service tech. ;)

Your techs must be all busy delivering new spas, eh?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 05:30:08 pm »

The official Mothership answer is, "I've never heard of anything like that!   ;)

Hire another service tech. ;)

Your techs must be all busy delivering new spas, eh?

Ha.  Soon as our next truck gets in they will be.  We've got about a 75 mile service radius for both commercial and residential customers... and three techs.

They've hired a couple of new people, but one of our four best techs was injured a couple of months ago, so we're definitely not up to full capacity.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 06:02:54 pm »

They've hired a couple of new people, but one of our four best techs was injured a couple of months ago, so we're definitely not up to full capacity.

Did he get sucked into one of those no-bypass pumps where all the beer botles, syringes and snails end up LOL?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 06:07:44 pm »
Sure, open the motor compartment and see if something is simply resting against the pump or something like that.

They are awesome, powerful pumps - as everyone knows - and if something moved a bit during the long cross-country trip it might be vibrating against the immense power of the jet pump when it starts up.

Could be something the electrician did...

::)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 06:58:38 pm »
Looked in and couldn't really see it resting on anything that would cause the noise it's putting out.  The hose on the bottom of the SilentFlo is resting under it, but that's almost typical.  Almost looked like the base of the WaveMaster was touching the base of the SilentFlo but I didn't have a flashlight and it's a mood room tub.

Suffice it to say I'm not about to take a Phillips-head to the base of the pumps on a wet model and start playing around.

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 07:05:33 pm »
Suffice it to say I'm not about to take a Phillips-head to the base of the pumps on a wet model and start playing around.

What kind of fun is that!!!! ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 08:07:22 pm »
Sure, open the motor compartment and see if something is simply resting against the pump or something like that.

They are awesome, powerful pumps - as everyone knows - and if something moved a bit during the long cross-country trip it might be vibrating against the immense power of the jet pump when it starts up.

Could be something the electrician did...

::)

I've seen pumps come loose and just looking at them they seem ok, but if you turn the pump on while watching it then you might see it move and vibrate.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 08:42:37 pm »
Hey, Hot Springs aren't supposed to break down ... that's the impression I got from all the HS dealers here! ;) ;D

The_real_Clown_Shoes

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 09:01:56 pm »
Hey, Hot Springs aren't supposed to break down ... that's the impression I got from all the HS dealers here! ;) ;D

It isn't broken down, it's just almost as loud as an Artesian.  I don't want THAT on my showroom.

;)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 09:43:33 pm »

It isn't broken down, it's just almost as loud as an Artesian.  I don't want THAT on my showroom.

;)

Sorry, I can't hear you, I'm soaking in my tub ... can you please type larger! :D

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 12:29:10 pm »

Sure they break, they're machines and all machines break at some point.

The big difference is if it breaks 20 minutes from now or 20 years from now, it can and will be fixed. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 12:40:52 pm »
Shouldn't a dealer be telling consumers how to fix a pump rather than asking?  ???
07 Caldera Geneva

The_real_Clown_Shoes

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 05:15:52 pm »
Shouldn't a dealer be telling consumers how to fix a pump rather than asking?  ???

I'm a salesman, not a tech- but I pride myself on doing everything I can to do things on my own.  I winterize our pools on display, I've changed out seals and backplates on the pumps- I do everything I can to have a rudimentary servicability, but I'm not a tech; nor will I pretend I am one by trying to fix a problem out of my training or grasp.

Guru

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 08:19:17 pm »
That spa has an insulation/vibration issue.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 08:19:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42