What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Quality of FreeFlow?  (Read 3080 times)

mchilders

Quality of FreeFlow?
« on: May 07, 2006, 02:29:23 pm »
anyone had experience with a freeflow tub?  Considering a Freeflow passport ($3500), wanting to know if this is a decent tub.
 The seats looked faded/worn at dealer, is this norm for this type of tub?  Dealer says this is an effect of the molding process.

Hot Tub Forum

Quality of FreeFlow?
« on: May 07, 2006, 02:29:23 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Quality of FreeFlow?I
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 06:00:05 pm »
I have some limited experience which I will gladly share. I was a Freeflow dealer for awhile, several years ago - in fact, when they were about two years old.

I had a bunch of problems with leaking tubs, but from what I have heard they have worked out the bugs and seem to be able to get water hot and keep it that way. Since there are now several other tub makers using this same type of shell, I think you can be assured that the leaking is a thing of the past.

They have very limited jet systems, and the equipment is off-the-shelf stuff. This just means that they are not very fancy, but they do the job.

The strange looking area in the seats is not from the molding process, it is done by hand with a torch after the plastic cools from the mold before they cut out for jets and stuff. It is done to smooth that area. Since it is a hand process, it is better on some tubs than on others, but you don't see it when the tubs are full. I am going to guess that your dealer meant it was done at the factory, letting you know you were not looking at some sort of wear and tear item?

If I was making the same decision you are, I would go with a Solana Spa, or a Highland series from Caldera spas. You can pay about the same, but you get better technology, a better-looking unit (subjective I know) and longer warranties.

Something to think about.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

salesdvl

Re: Quality of FreeFlow?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 06:53:30 pm »
I sold Freeflow for about 3 years up to about a year ago.  I would say that if you are looking for zero bells or whistles Freeflow is a good choice.  We had good luck as far as reliability.
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Quality of FreeFlow?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 06:53:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42