What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Driver to change water  (Read 1999 times)

mxw128

• Newbie with an 05 Vanguard
Driver to change water
« on: May 06, 2006, 11:13:09 am »
What should tell me that I need to change water, is it TDS level?  I don't really have any problems with chem levels, I'm able to keep PH and TA pretty steady.  My water is a bit soft out of the tap, so I had hardness increaser occasionally.   I think the recommendation is to change water approx. every 3-4 months, but what "measurable" is that based on?    

Hot Tub Forum

Driver to change water
« on: May 06, 2006, 11:13:09 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Driver to change water
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 11:30:54 am »
In my case it is based on TDS, hardness, foam, waterline, filters -how often they need to be cleaned and how dirty they are when they ARE cleaned - and the amount the tub gets used.

Add that all up, divide by two, carry the one, and I have recommended three or four months for everybody.

Since we don't have freezing conditions or snow around here, I tell people the more you change your water, the longer you'll live, the better you'll look, and the more money you'll make. Seems to convince 'em.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 01:10:41 pm »
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.  If you can keep your water clear and don't have any issues with it, just leave the water in there.  Why fix what isn't broken?

I've got a co-worker who deals mostly with commercial accounts that hasn't drained his hot tub in over three years since he's gotten it.  No issues with the water chemistry, equipment or anything.

If you look at a salt-chlorine generation pool, you'll start to run upward of 3500 TDS toward the end of the summer, well past the recommended 2000 or 2500 recommended drain point.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 07:45:36 am »
3 years? ick......but that's just ME, I guess....as it's been said before...refilling your tub is the cheapest thing you can do to improve the quality of the water if/when you ever have issues.....that being said, I think today's a soakin' day.
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 07:45:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42