What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Outside Showers?  (Read 4216 times)

CameoDaddy805

• Part time barber, full time DAD!
Outside Showers?
« on: May 02, 2006, 12:40:44 am »
Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum and I have a few questions, hoping someone out there can assist.

After wet testing the Hot Spring, Caldera, Jacuzzi and Sundance spas; as well as visiting the Artesian, Dimension One, Coleman and Cal Spa showrooms, I have decided on the Sundance Cameo.  I am awaiting delivery in 4 weeks, while I design my patio!

My first question is: Do I need an outdoor shower for guests?  For all you spa owners out there, do you have guests shower prior to entering your spa?  Or are the filters sufficient to keep the water clean?

Second question: The start up chemical kit Sundance provided is called Brilliance.  Is this a good brand to use?  I have kids, not sure if this makes a difference on the type of chemicals you use?

Lastly: Not having to do w/spas....can anyone recommend a good bbq forum?  Looking for something similar to this one.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Outside Showers?
« on: May 02, 2006, 12:40:44 am »

Cola

• Time for bed kids
Re: Outside Showers?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 02:18:01 am »
An outdoor shower is required for all spas except HS which use 100% no bypass filtration and can run with no chemicals.
Steve

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 07:46:22 am »
I'm going to screech this thread to a halt for a moment.....
cola, did you just say that the HS lineup, due to 100% bypass filtration needs NO chemicals?? :o :o :o
What about sanitizing the water? My understanding (as limited as it can be) is this:
you need a sanitizer, regardless of the tub. Bromine and Chlorine I'm way more familiar with than Baquasomething and the other stuff.....but regardless, the goo's gotta go somewhere, unless you plan to do near daily dump/fills....

CameoDaddy805,
you don't NEED an outdoor shower for guests, but if you WANT one, and are able to fit it into the scheme of things, go for it! I've read posts from people that successfully keep their tubs full of water for several months at a time, they either shower just prior to getting in the tub or make sure not to use hair/skin products after a shower, and only use the tub when they know they're not gunked up...
So far we've only had one guest use our tub, and my experience was so-so. She uses perfume, body lotion, etc...and her suit wasn't rinsed quite enough. I had some minor foam issues immediately after, but it wasn't TOO bad. It's amazing how little it takes to get the entire tub foamy, though.... *lol*
Our Grandee's been here a month....I believe I'll do the recommended 1st month new tub drain/refill today while I'm off work....

Best of luck!!
RIP C-Rod

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 08:02:58 am »
Despite what cola says (and I'm hoping he's just being funny) you don't need a shower. I do have one but that's because I had the porch built onto the back of my house and wanted water for cleaning and filling purposes. I decided I might as well add a shower, too.

I use it and I let my guests know its there but I don't require them to use it. 'Course with the problems I sometimes have with foam, maybe I should require it... :( :O

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 08:19:52 am »
We don't have guests shower first, but we also don't let any skanky people in the spa anyway.

Brilliance is a brand of Bromine.  Unlike other bromine, it contains no chlorine, so it's good if you are averse to using chlorine in your spa for any reason.   For bromine, it's a bit on the spendy side, and can only be purchased at Brilliance dealers- not all spa places carry it.
I used it several years, I just recently switched to dichlor.
 It's made by the good people who also make Baqua Spa- my opinion is that it's a last ditch effort to retain customers who can't get Baqua (which is even more expensive) to work.

Brewman

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 08:23:40 am »
Cola is just teasing...picking up on the looooong filtration thread that has been reitred to the Dead Horse section!..Phil, I love your outdoor shower! Is your porch heated or do you just use the shower in the summer?  
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 08:25:50 am by Zep »

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 08:55:33 am »
...Phil, I love your outdoor shower! Is your porch heated or do you just use the shower in the summer?  

Bonibelle,
It's a screened-in porch behind my kitchen. The shutoff valves are under my kitchen sink and I can drain the excess water from the spigots below the shower when it gets too cold out. It''s very handy.
Check here for the photo log I made last summer when we had it built.  

Phil
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 08:57:06 am by Phil_ »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 09:00:34 am »
okay, I'm the dope, I didn't catch on to the teasing.  :-[ Outdoor showers look cool, but ummmm....if you don't hook them up to cold AND hot, they'll be a bit....BRISK. Especially if it's a deep well supplying the water. ;)
RIP C-Rod

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 09:13:07 am »

The only time I would shower is if I was very dirty. (sweaty greasy girmey)   Occasionaly my wife will shower before jumping in, but she coats hersefl in baby oil and moisturizers and all that girly goo gunk.

Over all I do not belive a shower is manditory, and wouldn't ask guests to shower before getting into my hot tub.  

There are a few folks around here that routinely shower before getting into the tub, but i belive they are in a very small minority.

07 Caldera Geneva

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 09:41:21 am »
Yo Daddy, whut 'up?  ;)

I think an outdoor shower is a GREAT idea. I tried to have one installed in my new house when it was being built, but the design didn't allow for it.  Here's why an outdoor shower works.

First, newbies getting into spas often get HOT and need to cool down. Jump out, turn on the cold, get in. It also works during the summer for expereinced spa users, who want to cool down some before dressing. I have this at my pool (except the kids use it to WARM up) and they love it.

Second, if you walk aroung the spa barefoot, your feet get dirty and carry SAND. Washing this stuff off before getting in the spa saves wear and tear on the jets.

Third, and most importantly, there's JUST something about watching a fine looking woman wash her hair in a shower, especially when she's wearing a string bikini... :P

HEY, you did ASK....

Drewski

8)

It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 09:43:13 am »

but she coats hersefl in baby oil and moisturizers and all that girly goo gunk.

HMMMMM... I'm thinking FOAM??

;D

Drewski
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 10:03:37 am »
...Outdoor showers look cool, but ummmm....if you don't hook them up to cold AND hot, they'll be a bit....BRISK. Especially if it's a deep well supplying the water. ;)

Tatooed_Lady ,
;) I'm civilized - HOT & cold running water! That way, it's practical three seasons out of the year.

Phil

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 10:10:36 am »
HMMMMM... I'm thinking FOAM??

;D

Drewski

No foam. She does create  oil slicks!   My friends who come by with thier bathing suits create all the foam.  
:P
07 Caldera Geneva

hymbaw

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 02:06:46 pm »
Third, and most importantly, there's JUST something about watching a fine looking woman wash her hair in a shower, especially when she's wearing a string bikini... :P

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 02:06:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42