What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: OK, let's here something about Artesian Spas.  (Read 5611 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
OK, let's here something about Artesian Spas.
« on: May 01, 2006, 10:48:36 pm »
We've learned a little about D1, Marquis, Caldera and LA Spas. I sure like the looks of Artesian spas. They seem to be getting more popular now also. Let's here some info on Artesian Spas.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

OK, let's here something about Artesian Spas.
« on: May 01, 2006, 10:48:36 pm »

salesdvl

Re: OK, let's here something about Artesian Spas.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 08:50:38 am »
I want to get on here before that Vinny guy comes on and starts rambling on...   ;D

I sold Artesian for a few years before I left retail.  They are owned by May Mfg which also now owns Arteian Pools.  There are 3 main series: Platinum, Gold, and Island.  The Gold series is a very close copy of Aundance models.  The Platinum is unique in that they put a jet pump in each corner to operate seats individually rather than "sharing" with diverter valves.  The Island series is pretty much a copy of L.A. Spa models.  (I'm not saying that because I work for L.A., the designer for Artesian worked for L.A. for a long time and when he went to Artesian, the first thing he did was "design" their Island series.  
Measure once, cut twice.

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 09:23:44 am »
I can't speak for others, but I've been very happy with my Piper Glen.

I bought mine back in 1999, used it for 4 years at my old house, moved it to my new house and have been using it for 3 more years.  I use it practically every day for 30 min and since moving in my new house at least every other week for 3 + HOURS during parties. In fact, because of my increased use, I'm paying roughly $60/month just for spa electricity.  The "old" Piper Glens have two 5 HP motors and a circ pump. My only complaint about the design is that the circ pump should have higher output to keep the temperature up on cold nights, but if you use the spa for less than 1 HR, this is usually NOT an issue.

In terms of reliability, the only problems I've had were a bad ozone mixing valve (the valve with that funny name) and a connector on the main board that got wet, corroded and caused the board to go bad. Even though my tub was more than 1 month out of warranty, Artesian replaced the board free of charge. How it got wet is still a mystery, but it may have been due to a bad seal around the control pannel.

Most impressively, my Piper Glen has held up to the eleven (that's right, 11!) children in my extended family who seem to use it almost every weekend.  It's held up to 5 year olds seeing how often they can press the buttons on the panel and how long the wireless remote can stay underwater and still work. It's held up to the 8 year olds turning the spa pumps on and off, off and on to the point that now I LOCK the panel when they get in.  It's held up to the 10 year olds jumping off the fence and cannonballing into the spa.  Oh, and did I mention all of the kids using the pillows and filter box top as floats?

Of course, then there are the adults. I won't even mention what WE do in that spa. And, YES, I've done that before too... :P

Through all of this, no break downs, no cracks, no tears in the cushions, no broken handles or doors, no jets that don't work.  Just good solid performance that keeps me getting in that darn thing night after night. My tub literally changed the way I live, entertain and enjoy life. Without question, it's the BEST money I ever spent...

Peace and Hot Water Brother...

Drewski

8)

« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 09:31:04 am by Drewski »
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 09:54:10 am »
I love mine.  I own one of the Artesian Island Grand Caymans. While it does not have all the bells and whistles of the Platinum Series Piper Glen, it makes bubbles and hot water.  

It's my first hot tub, so I did not want to spend a ton of money, but I did want to get a tub made by a reputable company from a local dealer.  I got a great deal (IMHO) on my Artesian Island.  For what we paid, I don't think any of the other tubs that I looked at provide as much value.

We love it.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 09:55:52 am by TN__HOT_TUB »
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

J._McD

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 11:35:04 am »
All Hot Tub manufacturers want to excell and grow in this very competitive industry, and to do so they must be competitive and have WHAT the consumer is looking for and desires to buy.

The previous posts are endorsements that confirm some of our interpretations of the durability and reliability of Artesian.  A privately held company with a caring interest in both it's Dealers and it's consumer end users.  They have a very durable Hot Tub that is designed just a little differently with a selection process that allows the consumer to build it up or build it down with a direct influence on pricing.  It is not "one tub fits all" kind of a company.

While the Platinum Series represents all the bells and whistles standard, the only optional considerations are sound systems and additional lighting which we can all do without, but then there are those who choose to include the extras.

The Gold Series offers a few less bells and whistles which become optional to include.  

The Island Series is fast becoming their best selling series allowing the consumer to start with the standard basic shell and equipment and ADD to it what is desireable to the consumer, like more jets, equipment, functions, features, pumps etc., all of which influence pricing more or less.

To use the Grand Bahama as a reference you can build the same shell from 32 jets and 1 pump, up to 42 jets, 52 jets and 62 jets with 2,3 and 4 pumps allowing you to add additional features like ozone, full foam, water falls, 3 year or 5 year warranty all of which have a direct relationship to the pricing of the spa.

This makes almost every spa different allowing you to incorporate the features that are important and meaningful to you.  In short, more bells, more whistles, more money, or the reverse, less bells, less whistles, less money, but it is all the same enjoyable Hot Water.

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 12:56:47 pm »
All Hot Tub manufacturers want to excell and grow in this very competitive industry, and to do so they must be competitive and have WHAT the consumer is looking for and desires to buy.

The previous posts are endorsements that confirm some of our interpretations of the durability and reliability of Artesian.  A privately held company with a caring interest in both it's Dealers and it's consumer end users.  They have a very durable Hot Tub that is designed just a little differently with a selection process that allows the consumer to build it up or build it down with a direct influence on pricing.  It is not "one tub fits all" kind of a company.

While the Platinum Series represents all the bells and whistles standard, the only optional considerations are sound systems and additional lighting which we can all do without, but then there are those who choose to include the extras.

The Gold Series offers a few less bells and whistles which become optional to include.  

The Island Series is fast becoming their best selling series allowing the consumer to start with the standard basic shell and equipment and ADD to it what is desireable to the consumer, like more jets, equipment, functions, features, pumps etc., all of which influence pricing more or less.

To use the Grand Bahama as a reference you can build the same shell from 32 jets and 1 pump, up to 42 jets, 52 jets and 62 jets with 2,3 and 4 pumps allowing you to add additional features like ozone, full foam, water falls, 3 year or 5 year warranty all of which have a direct relationship to the pricing of the spa.

This makes almost every spa different allowing you to incorporate the features that are important and meaningful to you.  In short, more bells, more whistles, more money, or the reverse, less bells, less whistles, less money, but it is all the same enjoyable Hot Water.

Very well said.

We were able to customize our tub to meet our budget and didn't feel as if we were getting an inferior tub.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 06:51:18 pm »
OK, I've kept quite long enough ... What J._McD said with an exception ... I believe all Artesians are full foamed, this isn't an option.

I was impressed that their 3rd line down looks like their 2 premium lines. I liked their customizing which does resemble LA Spas and I was able to get a spa at MY price range.

There I said it!

« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 09:29:22 pm by Vinny »

salesdvl

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 10:08:54 pm »
 ;D
Measure once, cut twice.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 10:23:14 pm »
Is the Artesian plant located in Las Vegas?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

salesdvl

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 09:52:54 am »
It is now.  They did have a plant in Victorville, CA.  They opened the LV plant last year, I believe.
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 09:52:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42