What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Aroma Therapy??  (Read 2853 times)

Ronald5599

• HS Envoy installed May 5th - Very frustrated
Aroma Therapy??
« on: April 30, 2006, 05:46:48 pm »
I know I am jumping ahead, but my HS dealer (even though he has a nice display of aroma products) says he does not recommend placing any of these things in the tub as they are oily and will only gum up the filters. I was really looking forward to aroma stuff. Anybody have experiance with this sort of thing?

Hot Tub Forum

Aroma Therapy??
« on: April 30, 2006, 05:46:48 pm »

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
Re: Aroma Therapy??
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 06:01:48 pm »
We have sold the Insparations aromatherapy scents for years and have no problems with them.  Some of our customers must use it every time they soak, from the amount they buy.  From what I've seen, there is no adverse effect from this brand of scents.  If you use too much your water may not be quite as clear as it would normally be.
I have had a few customers complain of scents stopping up their filters, but in every case it was with scents that they purchased elsewhere, so I don't know what brand gave the negative results.  I can only vouch for the ones we sell.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 06:22:35 pm »
we've sold the Insparation for years, it's great in moderation.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Ronald5599

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 07:39:23 pm »
I actually forget the actual product my HS dealer sells. However, thanks a lot for telling me (us) about the right product. This forum really does work.  

salesdvl

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 07:51:14 pm »
Proteam makes a powder fragrance thats called Gentle Spa that was very popular.  Kind of a fresh talcomy smell not fruity.  Also helps prevent with dry skin.
Measure once, cut twice.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 10:14:59 pm »
I have sold InSpaRation and Being for years.

The Being is snooty: made from real extracts of real plants (no animals yet) and is supposed to elicit actual emotional responses. In other words, not only does it smell nice, but it is 'real arromatherapy' - YMMV.

Have heard that overdoing it will cloud the water, but never heard of any of them oiling up the filters.

Anyone heard of Chromotherapy? I thought it had to do with that visceral response some guys get when gazing upon the grill of a '57 Chevy, but I was wrong. OK, not wrong, but there is ANOTHER meaning: some of the tub makers who have color-changing lights are now hawking chromotherapy.

Whatever.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Vanguard

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 12:13:24 am »
Most of the aromatherapy for spas is good stuff.  Insparations, Being, and Moments from BioGuard.  I think they take into account these are being used in spas, so they try to use stuff that won't mess up the water or filters.  I wouldn't overdo it though.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 07:37:54 am »
agreed.....we've used the InSparations line, and it calls for about 2 capfuls. Turns out that's enough in a 500 gallon tub to bring out a nice, mellow scent that lasts. :) Good luck!
RIP C-Rod

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 10:54:22 am »
we've sold the Insparation for years, it's great in moderation.

Moderation, that's the key.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Ronald5599

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 10:22:01 pm »
You guys are great. Again, thanks for all the info. It is amazing, I don't even have the tub yet but I have learned so much already.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 10:22:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42